Some of you may remember back to THIS POST, where I listed a summer menu that we were serving to dinner guests. I promised to share the recipes, and will be doing so over the next few days while I am away at CHA. Hopefully they will lead to some blissful summer meals for you, your family and guests to enjoy from the cozy comfort of your own home!
APPETIZER: Bacon Cheese Tartlets
makes 12 servings
I was so excited when I found this at the grocery store. It is the same dough used in Pillsbury’s Crescent rolls, except it is all one sheet. This opens up all kinds of new doors since they are not pre-cut into triangles!
Pillsbury Crescent Roll Dough
shredded cheddar cheese
6 strips of bacon, fried crisp (reserving drippings)
4-5 mushrooms, finely chopped
1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
1 rounded tablespoon of minced garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
sliced green onions, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Unroll dough and cut into 12 equal squares. Place each square in buttered section of muffin pan. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese (just enough to cover bottom) into each tartlet.
2. Fry bacon in small pan until crisp and remove from pan to cool. Reserve about two tablespoons of dripping in pan, discarding any remaining. Add red pepper, mushroom, garlic and salt & pepper. Saute in drippings until soft.
3. Add one rounded tablespoon of red pepper saute to each tartlet. Sprinkle crumbled bacon evenly between all tartlets.
4. Whisk together one egg & 1 tablespoon of water. Divide mixture evenly between all twelve tartlets by pouring mixture on top of the red pepper saute & bacon.
5. Bake for 10-18 minutes until a nice golden brown. Garnish with green onion.