Hi everyone and welcome to this month’s Traveler’s Journal feature! Today, the Traveler’s Journal team and I have put together some inspiration for you to prepare for documenting travel memories that are coming up over the next several months – yay for summer!
Our family has always been into camping and we always fit as much as we can into the summer months. We recently decided to upgrade our camping game and purchase a new camper. We are so excited for this new adventure (we have only been in tents before) and I want to make sure that we capture the memories that we are making!
I used the Traveler’s Journal: Page Blanks and put together 3 blank journals to get started – one for each month of the summer. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen the card that I made for my husband’s birthday and these journals were completely inspired by that. My plan is to take notes and photos of our adventures and then add them to each journal. It would be great to do this on-the go if we can.
The Petite Places: Happy Camper collection was my go-to stamp set and dies for this project. That camper was just absolutely perfect for my theme! For colors I stuck with the Dark Indigo and different shades of greens along with basic neutrals.
Here comes the fun part of putting together a kit so that putting together pages in the journals is quick, easy, and fun! Doing everything before you travel is the key here. My kit includes: the journals, patterned papers, die cut shapes, stamped & die cut shapes, tiny word sticker strips, journaling cards, photo frames, and a journal pocket. I also put together a basic tool kit with some pens, scissors, paper trimmer, adhesive, and a notebook for writing down memories when there isn’t time to add things right into the journals.
For the journal cards, I used the Monthly Moments: Spiral Notebook die cut from Kraft and Rustic White cardstock. I added journal prompts using the tiny typed words from the Traveler’s Journal: Adventure & Typed Words stamp sets. I also added the campers, campfire, and tree pieces to the cards to fit with the theme of my journals.
The journal pocket is created with the Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 2 die and there is a mini journal card tucked inside.
When I put kits together, I like to die cut lots of fun elements to use on my pages. I have some stamped and die cut cars, campers, and campfires all from the Petite Places: Happy Camper collection. the geo-markers are a part of the Monthly Moments: July die collection, the frames are from the Traveler’s Journal: Accessories die collection, and the arrows are from the Traveler’s Journal: Outer Cover die collection.
Just look through your own collection of supplies and you are sure to find great elements to add into your own kit.
I love typed words and sentiments and used the ones included in the Traveler’s Journal: Adventure and Typed Words sets to make some words strip stickers. I can trim them apart to use the different words and phrases on my journal pages.
Here’s a look at how I set up the words on my stamp positioner to stamp them all at once. They are lined up so I can easily trim them into strips after I stamp them onto a white adhesive sheet. I stamp a couple of times so that I will have more then enough tiny word stickers to use in my journals.
Each month after I have added to my journals, I can look through my kit and refresh it with whatever I need to keep up my documenting through the summer. I am excited for this adventure to begin and to start making memories!
- STAMPS: Traveler’s Journal: Adventure, Traveler’s Journal: Typed Notes, Petite Places: Happy Camper
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow, Prairie Grass, Olive Twist, Smokey Shadow, Canyon Clay, Terracotta Tile, Cocoa Bean, Classic Kraft
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Rustic White, Kraft, Dark Indigo, Prairie Grass, Olive Twist, Traveler’s Journal: Page Blanks, patterned paper (Pink Paislee), white adhesive sheet
- DIES: Monthly Moments: June, Monthly Moments: July, Monthly Moments: August, Monthly Moments: Spiral Notebook, Monthly Moments: Journal Pocket 2, Scene It: Mountain View, Monthly Moments: Mini Journal Card, Traveler’s Journal: Accessories, Traveler’s Journal: Outer Cover, Petite Places: Happy Camper
- OTHER: Rustic Jute button twine, Traveler’s Journal: Adventure kit, wooden stars
The Traveler’s Journal team have some great travel and planning themed journals to share with you today. You are sure to be inspired to get your journals ready for capturing memories in the months ahead!
“I just love finding more and more uses for the Traveler’s Journal products! This time I put together a working notebook of lists to help myself get ready for an upcoming project at a retreat. Check out all the details on my blog!”
- STAMPS: Traveler’s Journal: Adventure, Traveler’s Journal: December, Traveler’s Journal: Bullets, Traveler’s Journal: Currently, Traveler’s Journal: Typed Notes
- INK: Melon Berry, Spring Moss, Dark Indigo
- PAPER: Melon Berry, Traveler’s Journal: Page Blanks
- OTHER: Hemp Twine, Precision Pen
“Who else is excited about the upcoming summer season?! Don’t let it slip by without doing all the activities and adventures. To help you stay focused, I’m sharing my 2018 Summer Bucket List Traveler’s Journal. Add all the things you want to do in your local area, a nearby city, and beyond! On those days when you or the kids are bored, flip to your prepared journal and select something fun and new to do and make those precious summer memories a reality.”
- STAMPS: Traveler’s Journal: Bullets, Traveler’s Journal: Adventure, Traveler’s Journal: Kit, Make It Market Mini Kit: Sunshine & Rainbows, Library Ledgers Year Additions
- INK: Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Harvest Gold, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Green Parakeet, Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, Cocoa Bean, Americana, Soft Stone
- PAPER: Traveler’s Journal: Page Blanks, Kraft, White, Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, True Black
- DIES: Traveler’s Journal: Accessories, Traveler’s Journal: Envelope, Traveler’s Journal: Outer Cover, Block Alphabet Upper, Limitless Layers: 2-1/2″ Circles,
- OTHER: Jute twine, sponge blending tool (Ranger)
“Prepping for a trip takes planning and organizing before the adventure can begin! I’ve created a fun ensemble of pre-made embellisments and daily note cards to take with us on our upcoming trip! Documenting our daily adventures will be a cinch and the work is already done before we step out the door!”
- STAMPS: Traveler’s Journal: Adventure, Traveler’s Journal: Bullets, Petite Places: Happy Camper
- PAPER: Kraft, Dark Indigo, Stamper’s Select White, Limeade Ice, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate
- INK: Smokey Shadow, Ocean Tides, Versamark, Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Lemon Tart
- DIES: Traveler’s Journal: Envelope die, Traveler’s Journal: Outercover die, Scene It: Mountain View
- OTHER: liquid glue, crystal glaze
Thank you so much for joining me and the Traveler’s journal team today. I hope you enjoyed what we had to share today and more inspiration will be coming your way again next month!