Spring is in the air, as we focus on Easter and spring-themed new releases today! You're going to love the gorgeous cards you can create as well as the darling treat packaging with today's product introductions!
The perfect set for spring, Mother's Day and just about any other occasion, a new two step flower set that offers more than meets the eye! You can use the outlined images alone and add color with your favorite coloring method (Copics, pencils, watercolors, etc…). Or you can add color with the coordinating solid images. The solid images even look work well without the outlined images. You can add shading/detail to the centers of the blooms with some of the smaller bits and pieces. The large floral arrangement was designed so it would work well when used in a corner or along the side of a card. Not to mention, there are lots of individual pieces you can work with as well.
- Garden Grace will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Garden Grace contains a total of 37 images. "To plant a garden…" measures 2-1/4" x 1". "Happy" measures 1-5/8" x 3/8". The large assembled floral arrangement measures 3" x 3-3/4". The smallest individual flower measures 1/4". The largest individual flower measures 3/4".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $10. This collection includesa set of 2 dies (single shape + 11 wired shapes). 3-1/8" x 3-3/4" (A), 3-1/8" x 2" (B)
Introducing a cute bunny and chick just in time for Easter and spring, designed by Heather Nichols! The sweet little characters will be perfect for coloring in a variety of ways and add to your Easter cards, tags, packaging, and other paper crafting projects.
- Hippity Hoppity will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Hippity Hoppity contains a total of 9 images. The bunny image is just under 2” tall and is just over 1 5/8” wide. The chick is just under 3/4” tall and just under 1” wide. The “hippity hoppity” sentiment is 1” wide and just under 1/2” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $6. This collection includes a single die (3 wired shapes). 2-1/2" x 1-1/8"
This little nested die collection will make ADORABLE mini bags that can be used for baby showers, toddler birthday party favors or Easter treats! It allows you to create a little bag with the top flap as the bunny face. Then you can add ears, arms, a nose and a tail. The set of 6 holes in the flap is for threading white pipe cleaners, baker's twine, or whatever else you dream up, representing whiskers. The interior of the ears as well as the nose offer alternate stitching options too if you wish to design your creation from felt, or even just felt accents. A small egg accent along with flowers and a heart are just the beginning of options for the bunny to *hold*. You could even add a real pom-pom or cotton ball to the back for a tail! You're sure to love this little gem!
Here is a video showing you some tips and tricks for assembling the Bunny Bag.
- Bunny Bag die collection will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $18.
- Bunny Bag die collection contains a single die (18 wired shapes). Creates bag that measures 2-1/4" wide and 3-3/4" tall (without attached ears). Overall die measures 4-1/4" x 6-7/8".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
It has been SO hard to wait to tell all of you about the new Bunny Bag dies, not to mention show you a few things made with the adorable little guy in Hippity Hoppity!
The new Bunny Bag is fairly quick and easy to put together and can be made with one sheet of cardstock, which makes it inexpensive too! I die-cut all the pieces I needed for the bag and made sure to do the detail work on the face before assembly.
There are already holes pre-cut on the face flap for you to thread with whiskars! You could use pipe cleaners, baker's twine, frayed button twine, embroidery floss, thin strips of cardstock or paper, twist ties, finshing line, thin ribbon or whatever else you dream up! I chose to stitch on a felt nose, but there is also a *plain* nose die that you could use with paper too.
The eyes can be done in a variety of ways too. There is a small flower in the die collection that has a round center. You can die-cut that twice and use them for eyes. Or you can stamp them with any dot stamp, or you could even use google eyes, buttons, or french knots.
The ears are adhered to the back top, just below the top fold. Like the nose, the ears have a plain option or a stitched option. There is a large scalloped circle die can be used on the back of the bag as a tail. Or you can use something different like a pompom, cotton ball, etc… like I did here. This comes together quickly and it's adorable too!
It would be so sweet for Easter place settings, egg hunt goodie bags or even baby shower favors!
For my card I used the sweet little guy in Hippity Hoppity! Heather has such a way with animals! They always look like they have such sweet dispositions!
I adhered a scalloped border (Be Happy dies) to the bottom edge of the card front.
The bunny was heat embossed with white filigree embossing powder. I then rubbed Fresh Snow ink on to fill him in using an ink dauber. A few flowers from Garden Grace were added around the bunny using Winter Wisteria ink.
I die-cut this tiny heart from the Bunny Bag die collection using Lavender Moon felt and stitched it in place, adding a bit of soft texture to the card.
Now for Garden Grace! I know I probably say this every month, but seriously, BEST floral set ever! I love how the style of it turned out and all of the options I was able to incorporate for outline stamping, solid stamping or combining the two.
For the first card I stamped the outlines of the flowers and leaves in VersaMark and heat embossed them with white filigree embossing powder. I then watercolored everything using ink refills. When watercoloring over embossed images like this, I like to go outside of the lines to help the embossing show up better.
I masked a little piece of the floral arrangement and stamped this circle label from Limitless Layers: Labels using Dark Chocolate ink. I added the sentiment inside of it using the same.
I used circle punches to notch the corners of the white card front, and adhered it to the Classic Kraft card base. I then used smaller punches to notch the Kraft.
I wanted to show you how you can get a similar effect without watercoloring. This time I paired up the solid and outline stamps.
I started by stamping the solid flowers in Orange Zest and the leaves with Ripe Avocado, both onto the Classic Kraft card front. Then I used colored Zing! embossing powders to add the outlines over them. I love how this turned out! The colors just jump off the paper!
I am totally head over heels in love with the font combo used for the sentiments in Garden Grace! And I think you will be too! Here I have heat embossed the sentiment with white filigree embossing powder.
To help ground everything, especially the sentiment, so it didn't feel like it was floating, I added these extra large *stitches* to the perimeter of the card front. I then went back into each corner and used extra thread to tie a knot. Definitely an easy technique to keep in your back pocket. It is a lot more foolproof than drawing in lines with a white pen.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Spring is definitely in the air! Are you ready to start creating for spring after today's new product introductions? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
In honor of Papertrey Ink's new stamp sets Hippity Hoppity and Garden Grace, we are hosting a Spring Fling Scavenger Hunt and you are all invited! Your challenge is to visit each of team member's blogs and locate the main photo of their "Spring Fling Scavenger Hunt" project, which will be marked with the official Spring Fling Scavenger Hunt logo. Search each of the ten photos (this includes my blog + the nine DT members) for a small bunny that looks like this:
DO NOT count bunnies that are part of the project or stamped (solid and in color). Only the white bunny images like the one above will be included in the final count. Be forewarned that some photos may not have any bunnies hidden within them and others may feature as many as three! Use the sheet below to keep track of your progress. Once completed, calculate your final grand total and add your official entry to the comments section of this post!
Here is a checklist for you to download & print and utilize to keep track of your count results for each blog…
1. Visit each design team member's blog. Count the number of bunnies in all of the blog pictures for today (10 photos total, this includes one here on my blog and one on each of the nine DT member's blogs).
2. Post your final accurate count in a comment here on this post. (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this via email subscription, be sure to click through directly to the blog in order to comment and qualify.)
3. You have until 7am EST, Thursday February 13th to add guess to the comments and qualify for the contest. Only one comment per person please.
SEVEN randomly selected winners (with the correct answer) will each receive a $70 Papertrey gift certificate to spend however they choose! Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!
- STAMPS: (dot for eyes) Garden Grace (available February 15th)
- INK: Charcoal Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Bunny Bag dies, Lavender Moon felt, embrodiery floss, crochet thread, cotton ball, glue dots, Scor-tape
- FINISHED SIZE: 2-1/4" wide and 3-3/4" tall (without attached ears)
BUNNY LOVE CARD
- STAMPS: Hippity Hoppity, Garden Grace (available February 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, VersaMark, Winter Wisteria
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Lavender Moon
- OTHER: Be Happy die (scalloped border), Bunny Bag die (heart), white filigree embossing powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 4-1/4"
JUST A NOTE WATERCOLOR CARD
- STAMPS: Garden Grace, Limitless Layers: Labels (available February 15th) Fillable Frames #12 (sentiment)
- INK: VersaMark, Dark Chocolate, ink refills (Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse)
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: white filigree embossing powder, circle punches (7/8" & 1-1/8")
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
EMBOSSED FLORAL BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Garden Grace (available February 15th)
- INK:VersaMark, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Zing! Embossing Powder (apricot & leaf), white filigree embossing powder, white crochet thread, paper piercer
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"