Are you ready for some more anniversary fun today? Hold onto your hats (…errrr, stamps!) because this going to be a fun one!
We are excited to share a few details about Stamp-a-faire 2014 today! Pack your bags as you virtually get to travel through time with the Papertrey Team and your stamping friends from around the world! This year’s online event will be all about exploring different eras througout history! Each of the designers will delve into their favorite eras and adapt inspiration from that time period into today’s tools and techniques. Think of all the elegance of the Victorian Era to the art deco designs of the Roaring Twenties and even the mod looks from the 1960’s. We will be highlighting music and other trends from each era as well, so it will be a fun and inspirational experience EVERYONE can participate in for FREE!
In case you missed the festivities from our online event last year, here is a short video showcasing a brief summary of the fun we had and the types of things you can look forward to this year!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, August 23rd, 2014 because you will definitely want to set this aside as a day for yourself to indulge in your favorite hobby! More details about this online event will be made available as the date grows a bit nearer, but here is a brief run-down of what you can look forward to at Stamp-a-faire 2014!
- A world-wide online event bringing Papertrey fans from around the globe together.
- An exclusive suitcase full of creative goodness will be available for purchase as a kit so you have everything you need to participate on the big day!
- Limited Edition Stamp-a-faire stamp set included!
- Videos, challenges, contests, tutorials & inspiration posted throughout the day by the Papertrey Team.
- Enjoy festivities from the comfort of your own home or plan to meet with other Papertrey fans in your local area to participate together.
- Share photos and live videos of your projects and silly moments from your individual gatherings in a fun central location.
- and much, much more!
This will prove to be a very fun event for everyone, no matter where they are. We love the idea of being able to allow anyone to participate, no limits. And there will be no overhead travel expenses for anyone to invest. The day will be all about our mutual love of this hobby! More details to come soon and we hope to see you there!
After seven years in business, warehouse space has become a premium! Take a look at a few of these shots I took with my phone the last time I visited this fall!
Which is why moving forward we need to be wary of how we fill the remainder of our space! This year we are going to try something new in regards to releasing new colors. We will be initially introducing just the cardstock, pattern packs and ink in the new hues, with the possibility of other coordinating products coming in the future after the popularity of the color is established. This will give us the opportunity to release more colors in the three basic products you use most.
This month we are thrilled to introduce you to Tropical Teal! Something everyone has been waiting for! Unfortunately, the ink will not be arriving in time for this months release, but we wanted to go ahead and make the cardstock available for sale this month. We are optimistic that the Tropical Teal ink will arrive for a release in March.
This new color is luxuriously rich and is the perfect hue to fall right in between Pinefeather and Hawaiian Shores. It will be a wonderful addition to your collection and I know you will love using it in your projects!
I am pleased to announce our annual “Year of Free Stamps” Contest. As tradition holds, one lucky winner will receive monthly shipments after every release containing all of the newly released stamp sets in 2014! This can easily amount to over 150 stamp sets total throughout the year! Imagine never having to worry about choosing what stamps to cut out of your cart because of budget constraints. You will get every stamp set, every release February 2014 through January 2015.
To enter this contest, you will just need to enter your information within the appropriate data base on our website which will be accessible through a link on the front page of the store.
You can access the data base to enter this contest directly HERE.
A winner will be formally announced on the front page of the website on release night (February 15th), after 10pm EST. Only one entry per person is permitted. Entries must be received before 7am EST, February 15th, 2014 in order to qualify.
Welcome too our first ever Timer Challenge, in honor of the *time travel* theme for Stamp-a-faire this year. You are encouraged to grab a timer and get creative!
- You have 7 minutes to grab 7 supplies to use on your card. This needs to include your ink, paper and stamps too, so maybe you should be sure to grab the basics first and go from there! (You do not need to count adhesive as one of your limited supplies.)
- Then create a quick card in 17 minutes or less using the supplies you selected!
It will be so fun to see what you can come up with! Perhaps use this opportunity to use a stamp set that hasn’t seen ink yet!
1. Create a new project that uses the Timer Challenge guidelines outlined above. You can still enter the contest just by leaving a comment (see details below).
2. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product.
3. Upload a photo of your project to your blog, online gallery or any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
4. Add the direct link to your project on our InLinkz list below.
5. You may create as many projects as you like for the challenge, but each project should have a separate link.
6. And/or you can leave a comment here to be eligible to win. Tell us what you think about this year’s Stamp-a-faire theme! What is your favorite era in history that you would like to see represented at our online event this summer? Only one comment per person please. (Just click the small “comments” link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)
7. You have until 7am EST, Saturday, February 8th to add your project link or comment and qualify for the contest.
8. SEVEN randomly selected winners will be announced on our February Release Winners page no later than noon EST, February 8th.
SEVEN randomly selected winners will each receive a $70 Papertrey gift certificate to spend however they choose! Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!