Sending holiday photo cards has become all the rage in recent years, and yet we know that many of you still love to send a handmade card. So today, we're bringing you the best of both worlds!! We've got some lovely new products to share with you, that will allow you to dress up your family's holiday photo card with a bit of handmade craftiness, all the while keeping the assembly fast and easy for mass producing possibilities!!
This collection of products is something perfect for simplifying the holiday card making process. The Instant Photo Pull Out die creates a pocket and tag pull-out. The window in the pocket is sized to perfectly house a 2.5" Instagram print (or any 2.5" photo really) on the tag underneath. The sentiments in this set were designed to fit to the right of the photo once it is in place on the tag. Almost all of the sentiments have layers or multi-color options available in the form of stamps to help eliminate the need to do any layering with paper or embellishments. Easy to mass produce and cheaper to mail. Be sure to also check out the coordinating envelopes (more details about these coming tomorrow)!
- Instant Photo: Holidays will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Instant Photo: Holidays contains a total of 31 images. "Wishing You a Merry Little Christmas" measures 2" x 1-3/8". "Jingle All the way…" measures 2" x 1-1/4". "Wishing you much joy this holiday season" measures 2-1/8" x 1-1/8". "Love & Joy" measures 2-1/8" x 1-7/8". "Merry" measures 2-1/8" x 1/2". "&bright" measures 2" x 3/8". "Joyeux Noel" measures 2-1/4" x 1-1/8". The outlined "PeaceLove&Joy" image measures 1-7/8" x 1-1/4".
- The coordinating Instant Photo Pull Out die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $30. This collection includes a total of 2 dies measuring 5-1/2" x 6-1/4" (A) and 5-1/4" x 2-3/4" (B). The assembled size is about 5-1/4" x 2-3/4".
These dies were designed to fit along the edge of a 4×6 or 5×7 photo card. The main part of the "line" measures just wide enough to handle a strip of 1/8" Scor-tape for easy adhesion. These will be an easy way to jazz up those photo cards without a whole lot of extra effort!
- One Liners die collection will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $14.
- One Liners die collection contains a total of 3 dies. They measure 7" x 1-1/4" (A), 7" x 1-3/8" (B), 7" x 1-3/4" (C).
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I saw this cute little idea for adding noses and antlers to a photo in a Martha Stewart magazine years ago and always thought it would be fun to give it a try! I was able to give the project a slight twist with the help of the new Instant Photo Pull Out die!
I then folded all of the tabs over to the back and adhered them with Scor-tape. One of my favorite things about this die is how it has pretty little details, like the scalloped flap, so that the project even looks great from the back.
Once the pull out tag portion is die-cut and the photo is adhered in place, you can slide the tag into the pocket and be able to adhere all of the "embellishments" to the clear cardstock. This way recipients can have a fun look at your family as well as a keepsake photo. I created the antlers by cutting up branches punched out with the Martha Stewart Branch Punch using Classic Kraft cardstock. I also added the red rhinestones for noses.
The tag is die-cut from Smokey Shadow cardstock. I stamped the sentiment and boughs in Fresh Snow and smudged them slightly with my finger to make it have a chalkboard effect. I also smeared a bit of Fresh Snow ink around the edges of the tag. A tab made with Pure Poppy Twill tape was added to the end of the tag.
My next photo card is 5×7 in size and super simple to create. I pieced together three favorite photos onto the top two-thirds of a 5×7 area in my photo editing software and had it printed just like this with the white area already there and everything. This made it a snap to put the finished card together. I started by just adhering the photo to a 5×7 Ocean Tides card base.
I just adored the watercoloring that Heather Nichols did HERE and used her technique for my project. I thought the ombre effect would be a perfect match for the length of the One Liners dies. I wantercolored a strip of white cardstock with Ocean Tides and Simply Chartreuse ink refills. I allowed the paper to dry and then die-cut the One Liners "Joy" die from it. In love with this!
I have one last project of mine to share with you. For this one, I die-cut the pocket from Enchanted Evening cardstock and stamped it with Background Basics: Super Stripes at a diagonal before assembling.
I adhered the pocket together and then die-cut a Fancy Flakes snowflake from Hibiscus Burst cardstock. It was adhered to overlap the window opening slightly. I then tied the project with baker's twine.
The tag insert was die-cut from white cardstock. I stamped it with the sentiment and snowflakes using a combination of Enchanted Evening and Hibiscus Burst inks. One of my absolute FAVORITE stamps in the new Instant Photo: Holidays set is this pair of Noel images. With their being one "shadow" stamp and a separate solid word stamp, you can really build upon a color scheme.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! I've put together a special download for you to help make your holiday photo card process a bit easier! This 23 page handout features all of the projects showcased today along with complete supply lists and instructions!
Have you designed this year's holiday card in your head, now that you've seen all the gorgeous inspiration from the team? Which type of card are you most likely to send out? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, September 15th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our September Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Tiffany Pastor.
- STAMPS: Instant Photo: Holidays, Grand Ampersand (available September 15th) Bells & Boughs
- INK: True Black, Charcoal Palette, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone Pattern Pack (polka dots)
- OTHER: Clear Cardstock, Instant Photo Pull Out die,Pure Poppy Twill, Martha Stewart Branch Punch, red rhinestones (KaiserCraft)
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/4" x 2-3/4"
JOY TO THE WORLD SPARKLE CARD
- STAMPS: Instant Photo: Holidays (available September 15th)
- INK: True Black, Ocean Tides refill, Simply Chartreuse refill
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: One Liners dies, Fancy Flakes die, Prisma glitter, watercolor brush
- FINISHED SIZE: 5" x 7"
NOEL PULL OUT CARD
- STAMPS: Instant Photo: Holidays (available September 15th) Background Basics: Super Stripes
- INK: Enchanted Evening, Hibiscus Burst
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening
- OTHER: Instant Photo Pull Out die, Fancy Flakes die, baker's twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-1/4" x 2-3/4"