Today's Countdown post brings you all sorts of variety and all sorts of styles! Whether cute and cuddly is your thing, trendy and artsy, classic with a homey feel or even chic and stylish, we've got you covered with the assortment of products we bring to you today! Sit back, relax and enjoy…
This is the seventh in series of stamp sets by Heather Nichols that features one large word that can be used with a coordinating die cut. This set features the word "thank you" in a patterned script font. The companion sentiments will pair up well with the die alone, the stamped word alone or the two used together.
- Wonderful Words: Thank You will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Wonderful Words: Thank You contains a total of 7 images. The “thank you” word is just under 3 1/2” wide and is just under 1” tall. The “for all that you do” sentiment is just over 3” wide and is just over 1/8” tall. The “friend” sentiment is just under 1” wide and is just over 1/8” tall.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3. This die measures 7/8" x 3-1/2".
Introducing a fun new little "Heather Nichols" character for your stamp collection! This little squirrel will be so much fun to create with and will be great for so many different themed projects from autumn to love to just because. We think he could totally be friends with Winter Penguin and Foxy!
- Nuts For You will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Nuts For You contains a total of 6 images. The squirrel image is 2” tall and is just under 2” wide. The acorn is 3/4” tall and is just over 1/2” wide. The “nuts for you” sentiment is just under 1 1/2” wide and just over 1/4” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $4. This collection includes a total of 1 die (3 wired shapes). The overall die measures 2-1/4" x 2-7/8".
Apple Prints is a bold and cheery apple set full of many stamping possibilities, designed by our very own Melissa Bickford. From using the large apples as your main focal point to creating your own colorful patterned paper or creating a sweet set of recipe cards, this set is chock full of endless stamping fun. This set also includes multiple coordinating dies which will make creating a breeze. This set is sure to be a welcome addition for all of your paper crafting projects!
- Apple Prints will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Apple Prints contains a total of 20 images. The three large apples measure approximately 1-9/10” wide x 1-3/5” tall. The four small apples measure approximately 1-1/4” wide x 1” tall. The lined apple measures approximately 1-2/5” wide x 2” tall. The row of apples measures approximately 4-1/4” wide x 7/20” tall. ‘From the kitchen of’ measures approximately 1-1/4” wide x 1/2” tall. ‘You are the apple of my eye’ measures approximately 1-4/5” wide by 3/5” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $10. This collection includes a total of 6 dies (3 nesting + 2 nesting +3 wired). They measure 2-1/8" x 2-3/8" (A), 2-1/8" x 1-7/8" (B), 1-3/4" x 1-1/2" (C)
One of the wonderful things about fall is all of the patterns and textures that come with it. Tweeds, argyles, houndstooth, herringbone, etc. This stamp set gives you extra large pattern building pieces to allow you to create and customize mega-sized versions of these backgrounds, making them take center stage!
- Autumn Pattern Pieces will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Autumn Pattern Pieces contains a total of 10 images. The houndstooth measures 1-3/8" x 1-3/8". The chevron arrow measures 7/8" x 1-3/8". The single medallion accent measures 1-1/8" x 1-1/8". The two tweed building elements each measure about 1-1/8" x 1-1/8". The large plaid accent measures 1-1/2" x 1-1/2". The single argyle accent measures 7/8" x 1-3/4". The single herringbone accent measures 1" wide and 5/8" tall.
Bubble Talk is a cool speech bubble set designed by Maile Belles. It’s perfect for creating layered focal points and fun sentiment presentations. This set features a variety of bubbles as well as coordinating scribbled elements. You’ll never run out of combinations!
- Bubble Talk will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Bubble Talk contains a total of 14 images. The two largest bubble images measure 1 1/8” x 2 1/4", the square bubble images measure1 1/8” x 1 3/8”, the round bubble image measures 11/2” x 1 3/8”, the “just sayin’” sentiment measures 1 3/8” x 5/8” and the 7/8” x 5/8” .
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $8. This collection includes a total of 1 die (7 wired shapes). The overall size is 3-1/8" x 3-5/8".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I started by stamping the squirrel onto the Classic Kraft cardstock with Noir Palette ink and then die-cutting a mask, using the squirrel die, from a post-it note. I placed the mask on top of the squirrel and added the leaves underneath him. I colored the entire image in with various Copic markers (see supply list for colors). I used a Colorless Blender to add polka dots to his belly and a T1 to add shading around the entire scene. I also dabbled a bit of subtle sparkle on the leaves with a Gold Spica pen and some smudging with my fingers.
To go along with the sentiment, I opted to create this little acorn detail hanging off the spine of my card. I tied the spine with Rustic Cream Twine. I then die-ut four acorns, stamped and colored them as well. I sandwiched two together (back to back) using Scor-tape at the ends of the twine pieces. I really love how this turned out and can see myself doing this more often!
If you check out this card closely, you can see a bit of pattern poking out around the outside edge of the focal point. This is pattern I added just to the edges of the front cover of this Canyon Clay card base. I added the pattern using the new Autumn Pattern Pieces set and Dark Chocolate ink. It is amazing how this small little detail really adds SO much to the card and gives it a more polished look.
I die-cut the squirrel from Classic Kraft cardstock to begin and then stamped him in Dark Chocolate ink. I stamped again onto the text paper from the Dear Jane pattern pad and cut out just his belly portion so I could do some paper piecing.
For the "gift" the squirrel is holding, I started with a block of Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped it with one of the sentiments from Autumn Hills and edged it a bit with the Tea Dye Duo. I die-cut some leaves from Canyon Clay, Orange Zest and Summer Sunrise cardstocks and stamped them all with the coordinating image in Canyon Clay. They were arranged just under the edge of the gift box along with a couple pearl pins. Lastly, I adhered a small bow on top of the leaves using a glue dot.
For the background I used one of my favorite new stamps this extra large houndstooth from Autumn Pattern Pieces. I stamped this one in Ripe Avocado ink onto Fine Linen cardstock. After the pattern was completed, I swiped the edges with the Tea Dye Duo.
Next up is a little something created with Apple Prints. I don't know about you, but one of the best things about fall is a warm pot of soup bubbling on the stove. This is a little something I like to give as a gift to teachers or friends when that time of year rolls around. It is a jar of the basics needed to make 13 Bean Soup.
I put the dried beans in the jar and proceeded to go about "dressing" the jar up a bit. I cut a square of burlap and put it on top of the jar first. Here's a little hint for getting this part to come out neat and tidy. Secure the burlap with a rubber band, then tie on your ribbon over that. I trimmed the burlap so it was consistent all the way around. I tied it with Scarlet Jewel Twill Ribbon.
I cut two of the plain layer from the Notched Star Banner die collection using Vintage Cream cardstock. On the top layer I stamped a two-tone tweed pattern using the new Autumn Pattern Pieces stamp set. This was done in Scarlet Jewel and Ripe Avocado inks.
On the second tag underneath, I stamped this awesome "lined apple" using Scarlet Jewel ink. followed by the leaves in Ripe Avocado. I used a pen to add in the directions of how to finish off the soup.
I die-cut this extra large apple from Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped the main image in Sweet Blush ink. I then die-cut the stem from Classic Kraft and Simply Chartreuse felt. I cut the leaves out of the felt version and adhered them onto the Classic Kraft version using Scor-tape. The stem was then adhered to the apple.
I die-cut this AWESOME thank you from Classic Kraft cardstock using the new Wonderful Words: Thank You die. This was adhered to the apple with a 2-way glue pen and the remainder hanging over the edge with foam tape.
I stamped this background gingham using the large plaid block from Autumn Pattern Pieces and Ocean Tides ink. I only stamped the pattern about a third of the way from the top and bottom, leaving space for the sentiment. The edges of the open area were defined with borders cut from Sweet Blush cardstock and scalloped scissors.
I decided to depart a bit from the general fall theme for my last card and create a birthday card I needed. Bubble Talk is just SO much fun to play with and I can hardly wait to experiment with it some more!
I stamped these bubbles in a collage like arrangement using New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist inks. The smallest speech bubble was die-cut and mounted with foam tape for dimension. I added some of the cute sentiments from Boy Basics: Truckin' It in the various bubbles using Enchanted Evening ink.
The truck was added at the bottom, outlined with a T1 Copic to help make it pop a bit. I adhered a strip of white cardstock underneath the truck featuring the arrows from Bubble Talk, stamped in New Leaf.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! There's a little something for everyone in today's post! Was there a particular product today, that you absolutely can't wait to play with yourself? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, August 12th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our August Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Heather Nichols will be showcasing Wonderful Words: Thank You and Nuts for You.
Melissa Phillips will be featuring Apple Prints and Autumn Pattern Pieces a bit later on this afternoon, so you have something to look forward to!
Maile Belles will be featuring Bubble Talk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Bubble Talk, Nuts for You, Autumn Pattern Pieces (available August 15th)
- INK: Noir Palette, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
- PAPER: Classic Kraft, Canyon Clay
- OTHER: Nuts for You dies, Rustic Cream Twine, Copic Markers (R89, E08, E55, E59, YG95, YG97, Y38, YR24, T1, Colorless Blender), Gold II Spica pen
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
AUTUMN BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Nuts for You, Autumn Pattern Pieces (available August 15th) Autumn Hills, Sew Simple Border
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Canyon Clay, Ripe Avocado, Tea Dye Duo.
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Dear Jane bookprint
- OTHER: Nuts for You dies, pearl pins (Drtiz)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SOUP JAR & TAG
- STAMPS: Apple Prints, Autumn Pattern Pieces (available August 15th) Simple Alphabet
- INK: Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado
- OTHER: Apple Prints dies, Notched Star Banner die, Scarlet Jewel Twill Ribbon, Ripe Avocado button, Rustic Jute Twine, Burlap
- FINISHED SIZE: 5" x 2" (tags)
APPLE THANK YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Apple Prints, Autumn Pattern Pieces (available August 15th)
- INK: Ocean Tides, Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Classic Kraft, Sweet Blush
- OTHER: Wonderful Words: Thank You die, Apple Prints dies, Simply Chartreuse felt, scalloped scissors (EK Success)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BEEP BEEP BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Bubble Talk (available August 15th) Boy Basics: Truckin' It
- INK: Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist
- PAPER: Stamper' s Select White, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Soft Stone
- OTHER: Bubble talk dies, By the Number Border die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 6"