A fond farewell and a happy hello…

By August 26, 2013General

A-fond-farewell

Jessica

This is probably one of the most difficult farewell notes I have ever had to post on my blog!  I can't help but be a bit weepy while writing this, but alas, it needs to be done!  Our dearest Jessica Witty will be stepping down from her position with Papertrey Ink.  I will never forget when Jessica first joined us in December of 2010.  She immediately filled a niche of creating unique food wraps, such as her infamous chocolate mint plant pots and cookies & milk party favors.  She fit in instantly and I just know all of the customers looked forward to both her wit and her creaticity each and every month.  Even though Jessica's decision to step down saddens me, I completely respect and understand the need to put the paper crafting part of her life onto the back burner and focus her time, energy and strengths on her three beautiful children and her faith.  As we part ways, I want her to know that she has touched all of us on the team over the years.  She has "colored our world" with her amazing sense of humor, her passion for life and the way she sees beauty in everything around her.  Jessica, you will be missed more than you know!  But we ALL send you off with a hugs and kisses, as well as wishes for happiness & joy ahead!

Jessica

A-happy-hello

Laura

I am pleased to introduce you to Laura Bassen, although you most likely already know her through her amazing blog, Doublestick Heaven.  She will be joining us on our Release Design Team.  Laura has an amazing talent for taking ordinary stamps and bringing them outside "the box", creating fabulous things that we mortals might have never dreamed up!  One of the biggest things that caught my eye with Laura's work is her use of COLOR!  Everything is bright and colorful, cheerful and just HAPPY!  And if I were to guess, I would say that is because SHE is happy!  Her positive outlook on life and the pure joy she gets from having the opportunity to be a mother is apparent in her photos & blog posts about family life.  I hope you will join me in giving Laura a BIG warm welcome to the Papertrey family by visiting her blog HERE!  You will get to see Laura's Papertrey work beginning with the upcoming September Release!  We are all SO glad you're here, Laura!

Laura 1

Laura

Can’t think of anyone out there who is better suited to your design team, Nicole. I have been an admirer of Lauren’s work for a long time and will certainly enjoy seeing her flourish in this new and exciting role. It’s also true that Jessica will be greatly missed. Blessings to her and all of you as you continue sharing your amazing gift for bringing beauty and life to our little world of paper crafting!

p.s. Congratulations on another incredible Stamp-A-Faire! I had a blast and have recruited a small group of fellow crafters to join me next year. : )

Janet says:

So happy to see Laura join your team. She is awesome! Can’t wait to see more! ~God bless~

~amy~ says:

A ginormous congrats to Laura!!! LOVE her style!

Will miss Jessica’s inspiration, best wishes to her!

Carol Wilson says:

Jessica, how I will miss your inspiration, humor, and warmth! All the best to you and God bless as you focus your talents and gifts on your children, family and faith.
    Laura, how I look forward to the inspiration, humor and warmth you will indeed bring to beautiful Papertrey!

Michelle W says:

Good luck, Jessica! You will be missed.

FABULOUS news about Laura! Woo hoo!

Jennifer K says:

I’m so sad about Jess leaving but happy about Laura joining. Can I have them both? lol Jess, I will absolutely miss your clean and simple cards (totally inspiring for me) and I will miss your witty sense of humor. Good luck to you. And to Laura – welcome! I already follow your blog so it will be awesome to see your work during the Papertrey release.

Leigh Penner says:

I’m so sad to hear that Jessica is leaving the PTI DT….. she is one of my favourites! She will be missed!
    Welcome, Laura…. congratulations on joining the PTI DT!

Valerie says:

OK, I had never heard of this site or products before, but I am a HUGE fan of Laura’s, so now I’m excited to start seeing what you guys are all about! I’m ecstatic you have Laura on your team; she’s awesome! AND, you will probably have a new customer now!

Anja curvers says:

Sad to hear about Jessica leaving. Good luck to her she willbe missed that’s for sure.
    Wowie you couldn’t have found someone better to fit in the team then Laura she is amazing love her style. Welcome Laura great to see you here.

richard says:

LOVE ME some Laura Bassen! You could NOT have made a better choice! All best to Jess with all her new adventures.

Kim R. says:

Laura joining the PTI team…..I knew it was only a matter of time!!!! Congrats!!!!

I’ll miss Jess’s humor and talent. Good luck to her!!!!!

Christianne says:

Laura is a perfect fit! I am excited to see her projects.

Wow!! Sad to see Jessica leave, she will be missed as a PTI Girl!!
    It will be EXCITING to see what New Designs Laura brings to the PTI Blog!! I LOVE her FUN style and the Neat way she looks at stamps!! Looking forward to the Setptember release!! 😉 THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! 😉

June K says:

I will miss Jessica’s creations. Wishing Jessica the best.

Welcome Laura. I’ve already seen your wonderful PTI creations and I look forward to seeing more, more, more.

Hugs to both of you.

Ginny says:

All the best to Jessica – I know she will be greatly missed! But a huge welcome to Laura…I’m a big fan of hers. She is awesome in every way, and it makes me so happy she is joining the PTI team.

Andrene says:

Best of luck Jessica and thanks for all the wonderful inspiration you shared over the years.
    Big congrats to Laura…..one of my favorite card makers and boy can she make me laugh!! Fabulous addition to the DT – you did good, Nichole!!!

Cheryl B. says:

I am already a big fan of Laura’s. I follow her blog. Extremely creative and very funny.
    I look forward to seeing what Laura will do as she is let loose on PTI! She has one of the funniest crating videos. She is giving a tour of her crafting space and at one point she must power lift herself and the young daughter she is holding from a stooping to standing. Very impressive!

Donna says:

DoublestickHeaven is one of the best blogs out there. Laura is an amazing talent. I can not wait to see the beauty she brings to PTI’s wonderful designs and products.

BeverlyBL says:

I love Laura’s work (So bright and happy). My only problem is that I can’t tell her how much because of some posting problem with WorldPress. Congratulations, Laura. I am so excited for you, and us. I know you’ll do a GREAT job.

Jessica, I hope you are not giving up stamping, just the intensity. Your take on things was always appreciated and your humor always made me smile. Good Luck and prayers go with you. Hope you’ll pop in now and again.

Barb says:

Best of luck to Jessica and congrats to Laura! I’m so excited to see her work here!

Virginia L. says:

Wish Jessica all the best! I am Laura’s biggest fan. Anything she does with PTI will wow me all over again…Congrats, Laura! You are going to rock this DT!!

Linda E says:

Dare I say that the perfect design team would include Jessica and Laura! Good luck to Jessica! And, having just recently discovered Laura’s blog, I am looking forward to seeing her Design Team creations!

Maureen P says:

wishing Jessica all the best and was glad we could celebrate SAF with her. AND welcome to Laura! She’s the real deal and I’ve been a fan for years 🙂

Tonya says:

Best of luck to both of you talented ladies!

This is so bittersweet! So sad to see Jess go, but thrilled about Laura’s joining. Wish you all the BEST!

So excited to see that Laura is joining your team! She is THE BEST with her amazingly distinctive cards, and great sense of humor. She will fit right in with the rest of your top-notch design team.

Best of luck to Jessica!

Lauren A. says:

I am sad to see Jessica go. I have loved all her projects and looked forward every release to seeing new ones. But I completely understand and wish her lots and lots of happiness!

On the flip side I am super excited to see Laura Bassen join the team! I have been a HUGE fan of hers for a long time! I so look forward to seeing all of her release projects!

Lauren

Holly Havnaer says:

Wishing Jessica luck on her future endeavors.
    I don’t think you could have made a better choice with Laura. I’ve been following her blog for a long time now and absolutely LOVE her style! Congrats Laura!

maria f. says:

Well get my chin up off the floor – Jessica’s leaving? OMG, Laura B. is coming! My CAS heart beats faster.

Kristie says:

Best wishes to Jessica!

Welcome Laura! I love Laura’s style and her creativity! She is a great addition to the team. 🙂

Helen F. says:

A sad goodbye to Jessica ~ wishing her much happiness in her decision to spend more time with her family.
    And a Happy Hello to Laura! Oh My Goodness, Laura will fit right in with your DT at Papertrey Ink! A long time admirer, I look forward to seeing her creations here at PTI 🙂

Sidney says:

What a great choice! Wishing you all the best. I am always delighted by the quality and originality of Laurs’s work. She brings a special joy to card-making!

Jill Norwood says:

It is always sad to say goodbye to a friend whose talents and humor and joy for life are so enjoyed! Thanks Jess for sharing your talents and time with us all! Blessings to you and your lovely family! We will miss you! Maybe someday PTI will have an alumni hop during Stamp-a-faire! 🙂

Welcome Laura! I love the incredible cards that you make! Congratulations on your new position!

Holly Saveur says:

Sad to hear Jessica is leaving the team…..
    and A HAPPY hello and congrats to Laura…love her work ..

Terri E. says:

I adore Laura and she will be a great fit. I will miss Jess. She is so stinking funny!

see mary stamp says:

I am so grateful for the opportunity to have shared in Jessica’s creativity and spirit through her connection with Papertrey. She will be missed! Warm welcome wishes to Laura.

Ohhh Snap says:

Oh I’m so sad too that Jessica’s leaving, but she knows best for herself and wish her well. Looking forward to seeing Laura’s work!

Lindsey L. says:

I’m incredibly sad to see Jess go. I always look forward to her work each release. But I am thrilled to see Laura join the team. She’s been a favorite of mine for a long time and is so talented.

conil says:

I will miss Ms. Witty…such an incredible talent with such a quick, well, wit. That being said, so happy for Laura. She, too, is an amazing talent. She’ll be a real credit to the PTI DT.

Alison Behan says:

Wishing Jessica all the best as she leaves this incredible team. You are a hoot. I loved all your creations. You will be sorely missed.

x

Welcome Laura,

I look forward to getting to know your style. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us 🙂

Catherine Milne says:

I have browsed Doublestick Heaven for some time. Always exceptional work. What a Great Choice for the DT!

Sorry to see Jessica go. Best wishes.
    HUGE SMILEing HELLO to Laura..you are a Perfect match for PTI!!

BarbGhig says:

Farewell to Jessica…I wish her all the best!

And, CONGRATS to Laura!!! You have such an amazingly talented team, Nichole and Laura will be a wonderful addition! I’m really looking forward to seeing more of her gorgeous creations using Papertrey Ink products!!!

Barbara Martin says:

I am sad to see Jess leave – she has been a huge inspiration to me and I have enjoyed her talent and wit! I wish her all the best in the future. Congratulations and welcome to Laura! I can’t wait to see her awesome creations!

Jen Rzasa says:

Congrats to my friend Laura! I’m so happy for you! 🙂

wida says:

It’s bout time PTI!!! Love Laura so much 🙂

Jessica: how I adore your work. Your talents in making PTI edgy and fabulous will be missed.

Donna Mikasa says:

Best wishes to Jessica, and a warm welcome to Laura! So happy for her! Great choice, Nichole!

Chris says:

Well, now I’m both sad and happy. I hate to see Jessica go, but if I could have chosen the next person for the DT, Laura would have been at the top of my list!

So sad to see Jessica go! Her influence, however, will stay with me forever. Soft stone with white embossing and how the use of vellum and acetate are both good things!

Love Laura as an addition to the design team. I recently discovered her a few months ago and was instantly wowed. Looking forward to all of her creations!

Linda

Lisa Harris says:

What a mixed blessing. Jess always made such cool stuff – I will NEVER forget her cookie and frosting ‘fries and ketchup’. I’ll also miss her quirky, zingy sense of humour.
    On the flipside of this news, a new team member is always something to celebrate! Welcome to Laura – how exciting for you (and for all of us too)!

aw, i love jess & her style in cardmaking…many best wishes to her! we will miss you!

i also read laura’s blog, so i already love her. can’t wait to see all the goodness she will bring to the pti team!

janet wilson says:

Suzanne took the words right out of my mouth (typing right out of my fingers – LOL)

Jess – take care, you will be missed 🙁 Thank you, for ALL your inspiration!
    Laura – WELCOME 🙂 So excited for you and US!

Lilian says:

Sad to see Jess leave. Thank you for all the creative inspiration you’ve shared with us Jess!
    Congratulations to Laura! I am looking forward to your PTI creations!

StephH says:

I left Jess a note in her blog; her absence will definitely be felt come release time.
    I too have followed Laura’s blog for quite awhile. We are so lucky to have her join the PTI team. Welcome Laura!

Nancy Penir says:

How exciting! But must say, have enjoyed visiting this talented lady and seeing her creations! Will miss Jess, but sending her blessings, and hope for a great future!

Teri says:

Love you both.
    Jess + Laura = you both are two of my favorites ever.
    Hugs to you both.

Renee V. says:

Definitely will miss seeing Jessica’s beautiful artwork here, but am happy to see Laura joining the team – I have been following her work for a while now! Congrats!

Kathryn A says:

I’m sad to see Jess go as I loved her “witticisms” blog and her creativity! But welcome to the team, Laura!