We're bringing more birthday fun your way today, with adorable garlands, balloons and more, and not only that but we've got the perfect stamp set for creating gift tags to your heart's content!! Birthdays, Christmas, Just Because…..you name it, you can create a gift tag for it with this perfectly classic new stamp set! Check it out…
Maile Belles is bringing you a set of super-sized images perfect for a celebration. This set includes a trio of banners, confetti, candle, balloon and string accessories; which can all be combined to create a unique birthday design. A birthday sentiment is included, but a sentiment from any other set can be perfectly paired with these stamps as well. The collection of coordinating dies is the perfect compliment to this stamp set. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, graduation or other fun festivites, this will be the stamp set you'll reach for time and time again!
- Birthday Style will be available for purchase on March 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Birthday Style contains a total of 10 images. The solid streamer image measures 4 1/8" x 3/4", the balloon image measures 1 5/16" x 1 7/16", the candle images measuers 3/16" x 1 7/8" and the sentiment measures 2" x 7/8".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $9. This collection includes a total of 2 dies (three wired shapes each).
A new tag set specifically for creating to & from tags, perfect for any gift giving occasion! You can mix and match all of the different font options with the various frames and borders. Everything was designed to coordinate with a 1-3/4" circle, but also complements the Tag Sale dies, Mat Stack shapes and more. The borders and frames included here also work well with many of our previously released sentiments for everyday card applications!
- To You From Me will be available for purchase on March 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- To You From Me contains a total of 41 images. The smaller "from" images measure on average 1/8" tall and 3/8" wide. The smaller "to" images measure on average 1/8" tall and 1/4" wide. The large dotted "From" measures 3/4" x 1/4". The large embroidered "From" measures 1-1/8" x 1/4". The floral frame with lines measures 1-1/2" x 1-3/8". The individual leaf accent measures 1-3/8" x 1/2". The single flower measures 1/4". The scrolled border accent strip measures 1-1/2" x 2". The herringbone border accent strip measures 1-1/4" x 1-3/4". The separate individual herringbone accent block measures 5/8" x 5/8". The looped circle frame measures 1-1/2" in diameter.
This new die collection is designed to allow you to add handles to just about anything! Simply score the handle die-cut in half and fold. You can then adhere either side of the curved bottom portion of the handle strip to a bag, box, tin, packaged food item, etc… and then adhere the upper portion of the handles together. The notched border strip can be folded in half and added through the handles as an accent.
- Get a Handle On It die collection will be available for purchase on March 15th.
- It will retail for $22.
- Get a Handle On It die collection contains a total of 2 dies. 4" x 7" (A) folded in half measures 4" x 3-1/2", 1" x 6-1/2" (B)
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I noticed a fun new trend recently and I was anxious to try it myself with today's products. "Birthday In a Box" is a fun thing to do for loved ones and friends who you may have a long distance relationship with or who will be away from home for their big day. It would also be great for a co-worker to have a "mini party" at her desk. You can also think college students, deployed soldiers, etc. This kind of birthday package contains everything the recipient needs to feel festive and remembered on such a momentous occasion. After it all, it only comes once a year!
To start things off, I began by designing my card, which I would later pull color and details from to create the various elements of the "Birthday In a Box." I die-cut the Fabulous Frames from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating frame image in Hawaiian Shores. This fabulous sentiment from Birthday Style was added at the bottom in True Black.
The balloons were die cut from white cardstock and stamped with their coordinating images from Birthday Style using New Leaf and Limeade Ice inks. I backed the frame with Clear Cardstock. I then stamped a white block of cardstock with the AMAZING decorative streamer borders, also from Birthday Style. The block was adhered to the back of the frame with thin strips of foam tape, filling between the two with some silver star sequins.
There is a fabulous confetti image in Birthday Style which I used in the lower left and upper right corners of the card cover. I stamped the confetti in Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf and Limeade Ice. I added a bit of glitter to a few of the areas with a 2-way glue pen. I also adhered a few silver star sequins. Silver floss was attached to each balloon and tied the ends off to a small hole punched through the edge of the card cover. I love the "frayed" edge of the metallic floss; I think it looks really festive!
Now for the box! I started with one of our window nugget tins as the base for this part of the project. For the front tag I die-cut a Fabulous Frames shape from Aqua Mist cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image using Hawaiian Shores ink. I backed it with white cardstock which had been stamped with images from To You From Me. The accent border is stamped in New Leaf and the to/from in True Black.
I die-cut the Get a Handle On It basic shape from Limeade Ice cardstock and adhered it to the hinged edge of the tin with Scor-tape. One of the things I like about this particular application for the handles is that the tin can still open and shut freely with the handles in place.
All of these items (other than the card) tuck neatly into the altered tin. Nice and compact and easy to ship! This was one of my favorite projects to put together and I am really looking forward to seeing what the recipient thinks of all of it! Do you have someone in your life that would be a good candidate for a "Birthday in a Box"?
For just a little something, I wanted to show how you can go the quick and easy route with the new Get a Handle On It dies as well. I simply got a bag of gourmet coffee and used the dies and just a few bits of cardstock to create a topper that is adhered directly to the bag.
I die-cut the handles from Dark Chocolate cardstock and stamped them with Background Basics: Super Stripes using Dark Chocolate ink. For the notched banner portion of the Get a Handle die collection, I used Vintage Cream cardstock and stamped it with this banner image from To You From Me stamp set using Pure Poppy ink. To/From from the same set was added in True Black ink.
For the main tag, I die-cut Vintage Cream cardstock with 1-3/4" Limitless Layers die and stamped it with the coordinating frame from To You From Me in Summer Sunrise ink. I added the sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday in Dark Chocolate. The cup & saucer image from Everyday Treats was added last in Pure Poppy. This was all matted with a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock cut with one of the decorative layers from the same Limitless Layers collection.
The cream notched banner strip was folded and added through the handles, making the finished look polished and professional. Think about all the different goodies you could pick up at the grocery store and add handles too for a quick and easy gift!
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! What do you think…..are you just itching to whip up a host of gift tags to have at the ready? Or are you thinking of all the darling birthday cards you need to whip up with these new goodies? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
$75 Papertrey Ink Gift Certificate
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, March 15th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our March Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Birthday Style (available March 15th) Fabulous Frames
- INK: New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Clear Cardstock
- OTHER: Birthday Style dies, Fabulous Frames die, silver floss (DMC), silver star confetti, 1/8" hole punch, 2-way glue pen (EK Success), Prisma Glitter
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BIRTHDAY IN A BOX ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Birthday Style, Bountiful Banners, To You From Me (available March 15th) Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, Simple Alphabet, Fabulous Frames, Headline Alphabet
- INK: New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, New Leaf, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack (bitty dot), Limeade Ice Pattern Pack (gingham)
- OTHER (BOX): nugget tin, Fabulous Frames die, Get a Handle On It die
- OTHER (PIN): Limitless Layers 1-3/4" Circle dies , New Leaf Grosgrain Ribbon
- OTHER (FLAGS): lollipop sticks, Get a Handle On It die
- OTHER (CROWN): XL Rickrack die, 1/8" hole punch
- OTHER (BANNER): 1-3/4" circle punch, 2" scalloped circle punch (EK Success), Headline Alphabet dies, silver star sequins, white crochet thread
- OTHER (CONFETTI & BAG): small glassine bag, Get a Handle On It die, Super Star Border die, 1/4" hole punch (EK Success), silver clip (Office Depot)
- OTHER SOURCES: striped birthday candles (Target), plastic star food picks (Bento USA), silver floss (DMC)
COFFEE BAG HANDLES
- STAMPS: To You From Me (available March 15th) Everyday Treats, Background Basics: Super Stripes, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy
- PAPER: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy
- OTHER: Get a Handle On It dies, Limitless Layers 1-3/4" dies