It's all about Spring today, at Papertrey Ink! From dotty bunnies to mini flowers in bloom to delicate wrought iron fences, we've got you covered! Throw open those windows, let the sun shine in and sit back and relax because we've got a gorgeous Spring day in mind as we introduce you to today's new product releases!
Polka Dot Parade #1 is the first set in a monthly series of fun polka dot images, sentiments and coordinating dies from none other than Melissa Bickford. Each set features adorable designs and a fun font combination that you will love mixing and matching. The coordinating die will make stamping a breeze and give you a perfect image every time you use it. This is a super fun series that will be a welcome addition to any polka dot fanatics stamp collection!
- Polka Dot Parade #1 will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Polka Dot Parade #1 contains a total of 10 images. The bunny measures approximately 9/10” wide by 1-3/4” tall. ‘BUNNY’ measures approximately 2-2/5” wide by 1/2” tall. ‘Easter’ measures approximately 3/4” wide by 1/4” tall. ‘Here comes the’ measures approximately 1-1/2” wide by 1/5” tall.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3. 1-3/4" x 2"
Mini Blooms is a new stamp set designed by Maile Belles that features a vast assortment of tiny flowers and leaves. The individual flowers are perfect for building your own floral design and the five different flower arrangements give you the option to stamp in a hurry. Included are a couple ribbon details, which when used, will add that special touch to your projects. These sentiments of all sizes are a perfect complement to any arrangement you come up with. In all, Mini Blooms is a versatile floral set that plays well with many other stamp sets already included in your stamp collection.
- Mini Blooms will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Mini Blooms contains a total of 40 images. The corner flower arrangement image measures 3 1/2" x 2 7/8", the large ribbon image measures 2 3/4" x 3/4", the largest individual flower measures 3/4" x 3/4", the smallest individual flower measure 1/4" x 1/4", the "Thinking of You" sentiment measures 2 1/4" x 1" and the 3/8" x 5/8".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $6. This collection includes a set of 2 dies (7 wired shapes + 13 wired shapes). 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" (A), 3" x 2" (B)
Designer Lizzie Jones has listened to all of your requests and made them a reality! Fanciful Finials is a mini stamp set designed to coordinate with Background Basics: Wrought Iron. With it, you can embellish your wrought iron strips and take them from decorative background builders to fabulous fences in no time at all! The set includes four styles of finials, two to coordinate with each wrought iron strip. Each finial strip is designed to line up easily and give you several versatile design options. It's a small set with tons of potential!
- Fanciful Finials will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Fanciful Finials contains a total of 8 images. The short finials are all about 1/4" tall. The tall finials are all about 3/8" tall. The finials that coordinate with the more intricate wrought iron strip are all about 1 1/4" wide. The finials that coordinate with the simpler wrought iron strip are about 1 1/2" wide.
This die collection has everything you need to create little Easter baskets in two different sizes! Just in time to hold some sweet treats for someone special, you can create your own darling Easter gift packaging in style! And don't forget, these sweet little baskets are great for packaging up goodies year round! Wonderful for party favors, teacher's gifts and so much more! The entire collection may be a bit pricier than some others we have released in the past, but think of it as $17 each for the two different sizes you can create with it!
- Favor It Box 9 die collection will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $34.
- Favor It Box 9 die collection contains a total of 6 dies. 3/8" x 7-1/4" (A), 7-1/4" x 1-7/8" (B), 3-5/8" x 5-1/8" (C), 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" (D), 2-3/4" x 4-1/8" (E), 1-3/8" x 2" (F)
- These dies create baskets in two different sizes. The assembled small basket (without handle) measures 1-7/8" tall, 2-1/4" wide and 1-1/2" deep. The assembled large basket (without handle) measures 1-7/8" tall, 4-1/2" wide and 3" deep.
While we are on the subject of the new Favor It Box 9 Die Collection, I have a video I put together to show you how incredibly easy it is to assemble! You won't believe how adorable the assembled baskets are! You will want to make them for every occasion!
In brief, you use one of the long tabbed side strips with the small bottom for the smallest basket. Or you can cut two tabbed strips and attach them end to end to be used with the large bottom. And another bonus? These dies were specifically designed to conserve cardstock. You can cut all the pieces necessary for one small basket from half a sheet of cardstock! And the large basket only needs a single sheet! Here are some close-up shots of the projects I showcased in the video…
As you can see here, the finished product with these new dies is just so polished & professional. The little "shaker-style" tabbed detail is definitely one of my favorite features! I die-cut the pieces for this basket from Classic Kraft cardstock.
The tag is die-cut with Fillable Frames #9 from white cardstock. I used one of the pre-arranged floral bouquets from Mini Blooms, doing selective inking with the points of our ink pads using Lavender Moon, Winter Wisteria and Simply Chartreuse. The sentiment, also from Mini Blooms, was added using True Black ink.
I die-cut the tag using Fillable Frames #9 from Spring Rain cardstock. It is stamped with Mini Blooms using Fresh Snow ink. I die-cut the bunny from white cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image from Polka Dot Parade #1 using Winter Wisteria ink. A strip of Aqua Mist cardstock was added to the bottom of the tag to add the sentiment stamped in Spring Rain.
Next, how about a few cards using Mini Blooms? For this project I also wanted to add in Background Basics: Wrought Iron and the new Fanciful Finials. I started by stamping the "fence" in Charcoal Palette ink. It was really quite easy to line up the finials and stamp them onto the top of the background strip since the finials are on a single stamp in sets of three.
I added various Mini Blooms elements along the fence using Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay and Spring Moss inks. A few of the flowers I decided I wanted to "pop-up", so I die-cut the appropriate shapes, stamped them and added them over the original image using bits of foam tape.
The sentiment, also from Mini Blooms, was added using True Black ink. The tiny butterfly from Butterfly Dreams was stamped in Aqua Mist on a scrap of cardstock and cut-otu, being adhered in a hovering position over the sentiment.
I have one last project for you today, this one a bit more bright & bold. I started with one of the large pre-assembled floral arrangements from Mini Blooms here. I stamped it in Pinefeather onto the Simply Chartreuse card front.
I then selected a few blooms that I wished to add dimension to and die cut the appropriate shapes from white cardstock. I stamped those using Royal Velvet, Raspberry Fizz and Winter Wisteria inks. I also added a few accents using Fresh Snow ink.
The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed with White Filigree Embossing Powder. I just LOVE the fonts that Maile selected for this set! I felt that there needed to be a border of some sort, so I pulled out Sew simple Borders and added those in Fresh Snow ink as well.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Have you got just a touch of Spring fever after seeing today's Spring-themed projects? Perhaps it's time to do a little Spring crafting! Did a particular project or product catch your eye today?
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
Your challenge is to visit each of the team member's blogs and locate the main photo of their "Spring Fling Scavenger Hunt" project, which will be marked with the official Spring Fling Scavenger Hunt logo. Search each of the eleven photos (this includes my blog + the ten DT members) for a small outline of a bunny that looks like this:
DO NOT count bunnies that are part of the project or stamped (solid and in color). Only the white outlined bunny images will be included in the final count. Be forewarned that some photos may not have any bunnies hidden within them and others may feature as many as three! Use the sheet below to keep track of your progress. Once completed, calculate your final grand total and add your official entry to the comments section of this post!
Here is a checklist for you to download & print and utilize to keep track of your count results for each blog…
1. Visit each design team member's blog. Count the number of bunnies in all of the official Spring Fling blog pictures for today (11 photos total, this includes one here on my blog and one on each of the ten DT member's blogs).
2. Post your final accurate count in a comment here on this post. (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this via email subscription, be sure to click through directly to the blog in order to comment and qualify.)
3. You have until 7am EST, Thursday February 14th to add guess to the comments and qualify for the contest. Only one comment per person please.
THANKS SO MUCH BASKET & TAG
- STAMPS: Mini Blooms (available February 15th)
- INK: True Black, Winter Wisteria, Lavender Moon, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Favor It Box 9 die collection, Winter Wisteria Bitty Dot Ribbon, brads (Making Memories), Fillable Frames #9 die
- FINISHED SIZE: 1-7/8" tall, 4-1/2" wide and 3" deep (without handle)
HAPPY EASTER BASKET & TAG
- STAMPS: Mini Blooms, Polka Dot Parade #1 (available February 15th)
- INK: Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain, Fresh Snow, Classic Kraft
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, Aqua Mist
- OTHER: Favor It Box 9 die collection, Polka Dot Parade #1 die, Spring Rain Gingham Ribbon, brads (Making Memories), Fillable Frames #9 die
- FINISHED SIZE: 7/8" tall, 2-1/4" wide and 1-1/2" deep (without handle)
THINKING OF YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Mini Blooms, Fanciful Finials (available February 15th) Butterfly Dreams, Background Basics: Wrought Iron, Sew Simple Borders
- INK: True Black, Charcoal Palette, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Spring Rain, Canyon Clay
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Aqua Mist
- OTHER: Mini Blooms dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
SO HAPPY FOR YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Mini Blooms (available February 15th) Sew Simple Borders
- INK: Pinefeather, Fresh Snow, Raspberry Fizz, Royal Velvet, Winter Wisteria, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse
- OTHER: Mini Blooms dies, White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"