Once again, let's start out the fun with a few additional sneak peeks of what's to come this month!
By popular request, I have created an addition for the Stylish Sentiments: Holiday set, this time focusing on everything birthday! You will love the mix of fonts and the heartfelt meaning behind the sentiments. Large enough to make a statement on the cover of a card, yet perfectly scaled to be used on the inside of a card as well. This set is sure to get lots of use since birthday cards seem to be the most popular type of card to create!
Maile Belles continues to roll with the trends with this new set that allows you to recreate the look of artistic paint strokes, without out the mess of getting out a brush and paints. You will really enjoy getting to express your inner artist and the precision this set gives you as you add these unique images to your projects. Fantastic of layering color, highlighting a sentiment or creating backgrounds, you will come up with dozens of uses for this set!
Heather Nichols will be joining us with another monthly series this year, this time is all about words. Each month she will be releasing a large word die, along with a coordinating $5 stamp set. With the popularity of our Wonderful Words dies, we are confident that all of our customers will thoroughly enjoy this new series and have fun collecting them all!
And now onto today's anniversary announcements!
We are excited to share a few details about Stamp-a-faire 2013 today! This year's online event will be all about whipping up recipes using paper & ink as we embrace a fun baking theme! A sprinkle of glitter here, a smidgen of homemade spray mist there and a little creativity is all it takes for an amazing learning experience EVERYONE can participate in for FREE!
In case you missed the festivities from our online event last year, here is a short video showcasing a brief summary of the fun we had and the types of things you can look forward to this year!
Mark your calendars for Saturday, August 24th, 2013 because you will definitely want to set this aside as a day for yourself to indulge in your favorite hobby! More details about this online event will be made available as the date grows a bit nearer, but here is a brief run-down of what you can look forward to at Stamp-a-faire 2013!
- A world-wide online event bringing Papertrey fans from around the globe together.
- An exclusive apron and a collection of Papertrey ingredients, class kit supplies and more with online registration!
- Limited Edition Stamp-a-faire stamp set included!
- Videos, challenges, contests, tutorials & inspiration posted throughout the day by the Papertrey Team.
- Enjoy festivities from the comfort of your own home or plan to meet with other Papertrey fans in your local area to participate together.
- Stamp-a-faire t-shirts will be available for purchase at the Cafe Press store in advance for you to wear the day of the event to help unify all participants, no matter where in the world you are! We'll have a special InLinkz list set up to see everyone around the world in their Stamp-a-fair gear!
- Share photos and live videos of your projects and silly moments from your individual gatherings in a fun central location.
- and much, much more!
This will prove to be a very fun event for everyone, no matter where they are. We love the idea of being able to allow anyone to participate, no limits. And there will be no overhead travel expenses for anyone to invest. The day will be all about our mutual love of this hobby! More details to come soon and we hope to see you there!
I am pleased to announce our annual "Year of Free Stamps" Contest. As tradition holds, one lucky winner will receive monthly shipments after every release containing all of the newly released stamp sets in 2013! This can easily amount to over 150 stamp sets total throughout the year! Imagine never having to worry about choosing what stamps to cut out of your cart because of budget constraints. You will get every stamp set, every release February 2013 through January 2014.
To enter this contest, you will just need to enter your information within the appropriate data base on our website which will be accessible through a link on the front page of the store.
You can access the data base to enter this contest directly HERE.
A winner will be formally announced on the front page of the website on release night (February 15th), after 10pm EST. Only one entry per person is permitted. Entries must be received before 7am EST, February 15th, 2013 in order to qualify.
For your entertainment today, we also have a smaller daily contest for you to participate in! Even though it may be "smaller", it still holds just as much excitement in my opinion! If you have been around Papertrey Ink for any length of time, you have noticed that periodically we give away FREE limited edition stamp sets. This includes anniversary sets, CHA sets, Stamp-a-faire sets and even special little ordering incentives. Today we offer up a test for the true Papertrey fanatic, a little quiz about how much knowledge you have about the limited edition sets from our past.
Check out this graphic closely and you will see snippets from nine of the limited edition sets we have released over the last six years. Your task today is to identify all nine sets by their full, accurate name along with the year they were released!
2. Research and identify each of the nine limited edition stamp sets we have released over the past six years at the bottom of the worksheet, along with the year of their introduction.
3. Leave a comment below listing the letter of each set as labeled on the worksheet, the full accurate name of the set and the year it was originally released. Your comment should appear like this:
A: Name of Set- 2013
B: Name of Set- 2013
C: Name of Set- 2013
4. Only one entry per person please. (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)
5. You have until 7am EST, Friday, February 8th to add your answer and qualify for the contest.
6. SIX randomly selected winners will be announced on our February Release Winners page no later than noon EST, February 9th.
SIX randomly selected winners with a correct answer list will each win a prize package containing all NINE of the limited edition stamp sets showcased in the graphic above. This is an amazing collection, especially since none of these sets have ever been available for sale! Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with both of the contests!