Beautiful time pieces have been around for ages, keeping us on track and in many cases, doing it in perfect style. Gorgeous clocks with their detailed faces, elegant hands, and graceful numbers are inspiring on many levels and they're our focus today, as we bring you Hands of Time.
A beautiful, vintage style clock face is easy to create with the new Clock Face die! The Clock Face die can be used to emboss or cut out the coordinating image from the Hands of Time stamp set. You'll love building your own gorgeous clock with these amazing new products!
- Clock Face die will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- Clock Face die measures 3-5/8".
A beautiful clock face needs some beautiful hands, of course, and you can create your own with the new Hands of Time dies. You can stamp the clock hands with images from the Hands of Time stamp set or die-cut them using the Hands of Time dies. (Please note, the clock hand dies are not designed to coordinate with the stamps. To maintain the detail of the clock hands, the dies are slightly larger than the stamps).
- Hands of Time die collection will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Hands of Time die collection contains a total of 1 die (2 wired shapes). 1-1/2" x 2-5/8"
Create beautifully detailed clock faces as backgrounds and focal points with these stunning clock elements. The companion sentiments allow you to adapt the time theme to nearly any occasion. Lots of layering options are yours when paired with dies and additional number styles found in Number Time Trio.
- Hands of Time will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Hands of Time contains a total of 33 images. The large clock face measures 3-1/4" x 3-5/8". The smaller clock face measures 2-1/4". The largest set of clock hands measures 2" x 5/8" and 1-1/2" x 5/8". The smaller set of hands measures 1-1/4" x 3/8" and 7/8" x 3/8". The ring of numbers that coordinates with the smallest clock face measures 1-3/4" in diameter. The flourished "Time" measures 1-1/4" x 5/8". The "spent living life to the fullest…" sentiment measures 1-1/2" x 7/8". The "allows the heart to grow fonder" sentiment measures 1" x 5/8". The individual roman numerals each measure 3/8" tall.
A simple collection of three number styles, sized to coordinate with the largest clock face in the Hands of Time stamp set. However, don't let your ideas be limited to that pairing. These numbers have lots of possibilities for scrapbook layouts, birthday cards, school themed projects and so much more!
- Number Time Trio will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Number Time Trio contains a total of 39 images. All of the numbers average about 3/8" tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $9. This collection includes a total of 3 dies (three sets of 12 wired shapes).
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
For my first project I couldn't wait to create a layout using the new clock face images. There is just something about clocks that make you reflect on your life and all of the wonderful happy memories you have been blessed with. For the theme of my page I decided to compare and contrast photos of my three kiddos together through the years since Ethan was born. I really enjoyed going through my albums and finding photos to use for this visual timeline.
For the title, I started with one of the clock hands stamped in Fresh Snow, being used here like an arrow. I then used the Fresh Alphabet with True Black ink to stamp out the title. The ampersand was stamped onto New Leaf cardstock and punched out with a 5/8" circle punch, matted with a 3/4" circle punch and Hawaiian Shores cardstock.
I added three strips of patterned paper under the main focal point photo. These are created with the New Leaf Pattern Pack (stripes) and various papers from Green Boutique paper pad.
I cut 2-1/4" x 2" rectangles of New Leaf & Hawaiian Shores cardstocks and added cropped photos of the kids through the years to them. I die-cut numbers using one of the strips from the new Number Time Trio die collection. I ran New Leaf & Hawaiian Shores cardstock strips through my Xyron Sticker Maker first, leaving the wax backing in place, then I die-cut the numbers. This way they already had adhesive on the back. It was like making my own custom number stickers! I'll never run out! LOL! I added the month to each photo block from the Mini Scrapbooking Series: Journaling Circle.
The various clock faces, numbers and clock hands from Hands of Time were added in a collage of sorts using Fresh Snow ink. The detail in these images is just stunning. I can hardly wait for you to see it in real life! I added a sentiment from Hands of Time over the colleage in True Black ink.
I stamped the largest clock face in Berry Sorbet and followed up with a wet paintbrush and a few drops of ink refill to get a watercolored effect. Once dry, I added the numbers from Number Time Trio in Soft Stone. I also added some distressed circle patterns (from Grunge Me) to the upper right corner in Berry Sorbet ink.
The Number Time Trio dies are wired into short rows, allowing you to leave them together if you wish and use them for impressing, as shown here. I just positioned the die on my cardstock and ran it through my machine with the same sandwich I would use for an impression plate.
I heat embossed the large clock face image onto Winter Wisteria cardstock using Filigree White Embossing Powder. The numbers were added with Charcoal Palette ink. I then die-cut the Clock Face from Spring Rain cardstock, popping out the center and adhering the outside piece directly on top of my embossing. The hands were die-cut from Spring Rain Pattern Back (Bitty Dot).
With the center portion of the clock face that I popped out. I created a separate "cog" like accent next to the sentiment block. The sentiment was stamped in Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria and Charcoal Palette.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Are your wheels turning as to projects of your own that you could create with these gorgeous new products? Which items are you most excited about? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, January 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our January Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
THEN & NOW LAYOUT
- STAMPS: Hands of Time, Number Time Trio (available January 15th) Fresh Alphabet, Mini Scrapbooking Series: Journaling Circle (months)
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Classic Kraft, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf Pattern Pack (stripes), Green Boutique Paper Pad
- OTHER: Number Time Trio dies, 3/4" & 5/8" circle punches (EK Success), bullnose clip (Making Memories), journaling pen (American Crafts)
- FINISHED SIZE: 8-1/2" x 11"
WATERCOLOR THANK YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Hands of Time, Number Time Trio (available January 15th) Grunge Me
- INK: Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Soft Stone, Charcoal Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Summer Sunrise, Soft Stone
- OTHER: Number Time Trio dies, Hands of Time dies, pearl (Paper Studio), watercolor brush & water
- FINISHED SIZE: 6-1/4" x 4-1/4"
MISSING YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Hands of Time (available January 15th)
- INK: VersaMark, Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria, Fresh Snow, Charcoal Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain Pattern Pack (bitty dot)
- OTHER: Clock Face die, Hands of Time dies,
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"