Today's post is a FUN one! If there's one thing that's a joy to make during the holiday season, it's gift tags! We all use them and the sky's the limit when it comes to designing and creating your own! We think you'll like today's new stamp set introduction…..a little something to help you whip up a wide variety of holiday gift tags to coordinate with your holiday gift wrap! Just wait till you see what the Design Team has prepared to show you today!
You are just going to love 2012 Holiday Tags! A wonderfully eclectic mix of embellishments for all your holiday boxes and bags, all of the oval images coordinate perfectly with our Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval Die Collection, while the wreath image works with the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection. This product coordination allows you to easily mass produce dozens of tags at a time! But don't let the name fool you, these images don't have to be used just for tags! They also make fabulous focal points for cards and much, much more!
- 2012 Holiday Tags will be available for purchase on October 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- 2012 Holiday Tags contains a total of 14 images. The "Just For You" & "Sending Holiday Cheer" oval tags measure 2-1/4" x 1-1/2". The "Joy" image measures 2" x 1-1/4". The wreath measures 1-3/4" in diameter. The to/from scalloped frame measures 1-3/8" x 1". "Tis the season" measures 3/4" x 3/8". "Peace Love & Joy" measures 5/8" x 1/2". "To those we hold so dear" and "From home to your heart" each measures 1-3/8" x 1/16".
Heather Nichols has designed another fabulous frame, this one a bit more elegant and perfectly suited for holiday tags. This is the ninth in series of frames that coordinate with a center cut out frame die cut. The center cut out can also be used with a coordinating image included in the set. Use the frames by themselves or combine both as well as the sentiments to add just the right detail to your paper crafting projects. Framed Out #9 features a circular frame that will be the perfect touch with holiday themed projects. Build your collection and build the possibilities!
- Framed Out #9 will be available for purchase on October 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Framed Out #9 contains a total of 6 images. The larger frame measures just under 2” in diameter. The smaller frame is just over 1” in diameter. The “peace love joy” sentiment is just 1/2” in width and height.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $3.
Erin Lincoln is introducing her fist stamp set with Papertrey Ink, and it is fabulous! Striped Sweater is a cozy background building set that let's you add a hand knit pattern to your projects. It can be used to create a solid pattern from edge to edge with no spaces in between or the stamped images can be placed an intervals to create more of a striped pattern. Mix and match the two strips together with various ink colors to create a plethora of fun looks.
- Background Basics: Striped Sweater will be available for purchase on October 15th.
- It will retail for $18.
- Background Basics: Striped Sweater contains a total of 4 images. The six lined image measures approximately 5-3/4" by 1-1/8" inches. The striped image measures approximately 5-3/4" by 7/8". Both small patterned stamps measure approximately 7/8" by 1-3/8".
- A coordinating impression plate will be available for sale separately, retailing for $16. It measures 4-1/2" x 5-3/4".
The newest addition to the Shape Up Series dies is a perfect pairing for the Striped Sweater products! This extra-large mitten die by Erin Lincoln will be great for shaped cards, tags, packaging accents and SO much more.
- Shape Up Series: Mitten die will be available for purchase on October 15th.
- It will retail for $13.
- Shape Up Series: Mitten die measures 5-1/4" x 3-3/4".
Jessica Witty is the queen of baked goods and she requested a food service style tray that she could die-cut from whatever she wished. Not only is this tray good for food items, but it will work well for small gifts and so much more. You will love the packaging possibilities with this fabulous new die! As an added bonus, you can cut TWO boxes from a single sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" carddstock! That means they only cost a few pennies each to make!
- Favor It Box 7 die will be available for purchase on October 15th.
- It will retail for $22.
- Favor It Box 7 die is a single die measuring 5-3/8" x 7-1/2" (assembled box 3" x 5", 1-1/4" high).
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
First, I want to show you how incredibly easy it is to assemble the box/tray. As I mentioned earlier in the description for this die, one of the best things about this is that you can get TWO boxes from a single sheet of cardstock. Here, I have die-cut a single box from Ripe Avocado cardstock. I applied Scor-tape within each of the corners.
You will want to fold each corner inward along the score lines create with the die, crimping the center of the corner as a valley fold. You will note that there is NOT a score line for the center fold. This was done so that it is easy to make a bit of an adjustment while you are crimping the corner together so the two sides match up perfectly every time.
After you have pinched and adhered all four corners, you end up with something like this. All that is left to do is adhere each of the corner flaps down flat against the sides. And voila, you're done! You could even add a basket handle to this to take it to another level!
For the tag, I die-cut Tag Sale #4 from Classic Kraft cardstock, followed by a Vintage Cream layer with the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die. On the Vintage Cream circle I stamped this gorgeous wreath from 2012 Holiday Tags with Ripe Avocado ink, stamping twice without re-inking to create a bit of a shadow effect. The berry clusters (also included in the set) were added with Pure Poppy ink.
For the tag, I die-cut Silver Shimmer cardstock with the Tag Sale #5 die and stamped it with the new Background Basics: Super Stripes set using Enchanted Evening ink. I added the stars from Super Stars with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with Silver Filigree Embossing Powder. Small rhinestones were added to the centers of each of them.
For the center portion of the tag, I die-cut Enchanted Evening cardstock with the Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval die and stamped it with the joy explosion tag image (also from 2012 Holiday Tags) and heat embossed it as well with Silver Filigree Embossing Powder. I just love all the little dots and tiny stars making up this image, makes me feel so festive! I use some beading wire and a few silver beads to create a small ring to hold the tag in place on the tin as a finishing touch of sparkle!
I wanted to create an ombre-type look to my mitten so I stamped it with the striped strip from Background Basics: Striped Sweater in several colors, working from lightest to darkest. I used Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening, Royal Velvet, and Winter Wisteria. After all of the stamping was complete, I impressed the mitten with the Simple Stripes impression plate.
I cut a strip of Winter Wisteria cardstock for the cuff and rounded the corners with a punch. I impressed it as well with the Simple Stripes impression plate and swiped the edges with Fresh Snow ink. A small Classic Kraft block was stamped with the to/from image from 2012 Holiday Tags using Fresh Snow ink, while a clothespin holds everything in place at the top of a small gift bag.
I die-cut this Snowflake Medley shape from white cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image in Aqua Mist. It thought it served as the perfect accent for the palm of the mitten. This was quick and easy to do and definitely something I could see mass producing for several special gifts!
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Are you feeling inspired to create your own holiday tags this year? Do you think you'll use some of the ideas we've shared for mass-producing tags or do you prefer to make each tag different? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, October 14 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our October Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see even more from Erin Lincoln.
- STAMPS: 2012 Holiday Tags (available October 15th)
- INK: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, VersaMark
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Classic Kraft, Ripe Avocado
- OTHER: Favor It Box 7 die, Tag Sale #4 die, Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die, torn fabric strip (1-1/2" wide), Gold Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 3" x 5", 1-1/4" high (box), 3" x 3-1/2" (tag)
JOY & SILVER STARS TAG
- STAMPS: 2012 Holiday Tags, Background Basics: Super Stripes (available October 15th) Super Stars
- INK: Enchanted Evening, VersaMark
- PAPER: Silver Shimmer, Enchanted Evening
- OTHER: Tag Sale #5 die, Limitless Layers 2.25" Oval die, Enchanted Evening satin ribbon, silver beads & beading wire, rhinestones (KaiserCraft & Paper Studio), Tea Tin, Silver Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 3-3/4" x 2-1/4" (tag) 5-3/4" x 2-1/2" (tea tin)
WOOLEN MITTEN TAG
- STAMPS: 2012 Holiday Tags, Background Basics: Striped Sweater (available October 15th) Snowflake Medley
- INK: Fresh Snow, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening, Royal Velvet, Winter Wisteria
- PAPER: Stamper's Selecct White, Winter Wisteria, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Shape Up Series: Mitten die, Snowflake Medley die, Simple Stripes impression plate, clothespin & white gift bag (Hobby Lobby)
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-3/4" x 3-1/2" (tag)