Every family has it's own way to Countdown to Christmas. Perhaps you use an advent calendar with your little ones to track the month's progress or maybe you choose to document the month's festivities by creating a mini-album filled with all the wonder and joy you experience during the holiday season! Either way, we think you'll love the new stamp sets we have to show you today…..both of which will make your own countdown to Christmas a little bit easier, and more stylish too!
The holidays are such a special time of year with family and what better way to celebrate than creating a special Christmas countdown using this fun new set designed by Heather Nichols! Capture holiday memories in a mini book so your family and loved ones can look back at favorite traditions. This set gives you the basic tools that you need to get these projects started. Once you have finished your holiday countdown projects, the numbers and frames will be versatile for other countdown and memory keeping projects on your list!
- Countdown to Christmas will be available for purchase on October 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Countdown to Christmas contains a total of 42 images. The two circular frames measure 1 7/8” in diameter. The number “25” is just under 1” wide and just over 5/8” tall. The script “December” is just over 1” wide and just under 1/4” tall.
Designed to be a companion set to Countdown to Christmas, this set gives you all sorts of extras to use on tags and mini books to celebrate the season. Little sentiments, images and flags will be just that perfect extra touch. Don’t limit yourself to countdown tags and scrapbook projects, this set is perfect for card projects too!
- Countdown Details will be available for purchase on October 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Countdown Details contains a total of 25 images. The calendar block is just over 2 3/4” wide and is just under 5/8” tall. The 3 patterned circles are 5/8” in diameter. The double ended banner flag is just under 1 3/4” wide and just under 1/2” tall.
I have one big project to share with you today using Heather's fabulous new stamp sets!
I have been meaning to create a beautiful, heirloom quality advent calendar for several years. Something that can be used for years and be handed down in the future. I am quite pleased with how it has turned out and I know it is something that I will love taking out to display every year for the month of December.
This project all started with an easy to make display board. David made this frame for me and I stained it, however you can pick up a large frame at any big box store and remove the glass for the same effect. My frame has interior measurements of 20" x 35" because I wanted a little extra room at the bottom so the small Christmas tree on display alongside it wouldn't interfere with the hanging tags. David stapled a piece of chicken wired to the back side of the frame, creating the perfect area to clip the tags up with clothespins. Speaking of clothespins, I stained these the same color as my frame. You could cover them with a bit of patterned paper or just leave them their natural color if you prefer.
The collection of tags I create were SO much fun to create. I just started mixing and matching several different sets, dies & patterns. The new Countdown to Christmas set contains the numbers 1-31, and let me tell you, they were SUCH an asset for this type of project! It was so nice to just pull out each number and not have to worry about lining anything up for the double digits or getting anything straight. Heather has taken ALL the guesswork out of that with this great set!
Before I move on to some closeup shots of all the tags, here are a few ideas that I am looking forward to executing with the numbers in Countdown to Christmas.
- pair them up with Big Birthday Wishes, rather than using the large By the Numbers dies.
- fantastic when used with Calendar Basics, especially the "Just for you on your insert age birthday".
- great for scrapbook layouts to add larger-scaled dates, ages or anything else you can dream up.
- the numbers fit perfectly within most of the Tag-its & Fillable Frames sets for some amazing design options.
- add an "age" topper to an extra large cupcake using the Shape Up Series: Cupcake dies.
- the numbers also coordinate well with the centers of the Mat Stack Collection stamp sets.
- pair up with For the Graduate and/or the graduate sentiment in Congrats All Ways to customize the graduating year. With just two impressions you can create a custom year up through 2025!
- use the numbers with the Lunchbox Note die to create a countdown to Christmas vacation or even the last day of school.
- would be amazingly easy to number clues for a scavenger hunt!
- create cool backgrounds or borders to coordinate with Boy Basics: Out of This World or School Time!
- make a countdown calendar for a bride as a bridal shower gift and could be paired up with some of the sentiments from Happily Ever After or Love & Marriage.
- use the numbers for each month of the first year of a baby's life in a special homemade mini book.
Now onto some individual tag details!
These tags were die-cut with the Tag Sale #5 die, with a background pattern created with Background Basics: Tin Types. The circular frame is one of the two GORGEOUS frames from Countdown to Christmas. Don't you just love it?
These tags are die-cut with a Rectangular Labels die and stamped with the coordinating image from Label Basics. The little polka-dot banner is from the new Countdown Details set. I love how this scripty "December" fits within the opening in the center of the banner image…looks so classy! The ends of the banners are finished with Pure Poppy buttons.
Tags #6 & #12 both started out with a base die cut with the largest Angled Labels die and stamped with the coordinating image from Label Basics. The solid red stars on #6 are from Layered Postmarks: Holiday, with a background added with Library Card stamped in Soft Stone. #12 features just the text layer for the star image from Layered Postmarks: Holiday. And last but not least, #15 uses the Bingo card from It's Official.
I used the Button Card die again here. Adding the date with the fantastic numbers & script "December" from Countdown to Christmas. Each card features some buttons stitched in place using red embroidery floss.
Tag #8 was die-cut with the placemat shape from Table Service and stamped with patterned polka dots from Countdown Details. The snowflake strip was trimmed from a patterned paper in the Holiday Prints pad. Tag #17 was die-cut with a Half & Half die, with Background Basics: Super Stripes added as a background. Tag-its #3 frames the date.
Fillable Frames #5 stamp set & die serve as the base for these tags. A small tree from Countdown Details is added to the center of the "0" in the ten. The pine bough from Love Lives Here: Holiday adorns the bottom of Tag #24, featuring tiny rhinestones as berries. I was able to add the words "Christmas Eve" using Countdown Details as well.
Both of these tags were die-cut with Tag Sale #5. My favorite flourish from Embellishments was used as the background on Tag #13, and the snowflake frame is from Tag-its #8. I used the mini calendar days image from Countdown Details as a background on my other tag, stamped in Soft Stone. The striped frame here is from Countdown to Christmas. The holly leaves are from Layered Postmarks: Holiday.
These are created with Fillable frames #1 stamp set & die. Tag #14 features a small snowflake from Countdown Details, punched out with a 1/2" circle punch and adhered to a Ripe Avocado button. Tag #22 uses a small striped banner from Countdown Details, featuring the word "December" within it.
Of course, the tag for the 25th has to be extra special! I started with the largest Seeing Stars die and stamped the die-cut with Embellishments. I created a Lazy Stamper's Accordion Medallion (see tutorial HERE from 2010) with the scalloped circle die from Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle die collection. The circular frame is from Tag-its #10. The polka dot banners extending from them bottom are from Countdown Details along with the words "Christmas" & "Day" in that beautiful script font!
I love how all of these tags look together when clipped to the chicken wire display board. All three of my kids took an instant interest while I was taking photos and they are already excited for it to be *officially* displayed for the holidays!
Now that I've shown you my take on these sets, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Did one of the projects from the Design Team spark an idea of your own that you can't wait to execute? Will you be putting these new stamp sets to use, to create some sort of countdown project of your own? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, October 15th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our October Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- Frame, chicken wire, staple gun, medium clothespins, stain
- PAPER: Vintage Cream cardstock
- INK: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado & True Black
- OTHER: Pure Poppy Baker's Twine
TAGS 1, 9 & 23
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Countdown Details (available October 15th) Background Basics: Tin Types
- OTHER: Tag Sale #5 die, 1-3/4" circle punch (EK Success)
TAGS 2 & 19
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Countdown Details (available October 15th) Label Basics
- OTHER: Rectangular Labels die, Pure Poppy buttons
TAGS 3 & 11
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas (available October 15th) Tag Sale #10, Mega Mehndi Medallion
- OTHER: Seeing Stars die, 1-3/4" circle punch (EK Success)
TAGS 4 & 16
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas (available October 15th) Fillable Frames #9, Holly Jolly
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #9 die, rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Simply Chartreuse felt, Pure Poppy button
TAGS 5 & 21
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas (available October 15th) Postmarks, Santa Stationery, Tag-its #2
- OTHER: Button Card die, 1-3/4" circle punch (EK Success)
TAGS 6, 12 & 15
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Layered Postmarks: Holiday (available October 15th) It's Official, Label Basics, Library Card
- OTHER: Angled Labels die, Pure Poppy button
TAGS 7 &18
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas (available October 15th) Button Boutique
- OTHER: Button Card die, Ripe Avocado buttons, red embroidery floss (DMC)
TAGS 8 & 17
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Countdown Details, Background Basics: Super Stripes (available October 15th) Tag-its #3
- OTHER: Table Service die (placemat), Half & Half die, Ripe Avocado button, Christmas Prints patterned paper pad (snowflake strip)
TAGS 10 & 24
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Countdown Details (available October 15th) Fillable Frames #5, Love Lives Here: Holiday
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #5 die, Ripe Avocado buttons, rhinestones (Paper Studio)
TAGS 13 & 20
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Countdown Details, Layered Postmarks: Holiday (available October 15th) Embellishments, Tag-its #8
- OTHER: Tag Sale #5 die, 1-3/4" circle punch (EK Success), Pure Poppy button
TAGS 14 & 22
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Countdown Details (available October 15th) Fillable Frames #1
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #1 die, Ripe Avocado buttons, 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)
- STAMPS: Countdown to Christmas, Countdown Details, Layered Postmarks: Holiday (red stars) (available October 15th) Tag-its #10, Embellishments
- OTHER: Seeing Stars die, Limitless Layers 1-3/4" Circle die, 1-3/4" circle punch (EK Success)