Cooler temperatures, cozy sweaters and colorful leaves are right around the corner with fall fast approaching. Autumn and all the joys it brings, provided the inspiration for some of today's new products. We're also excited to be bringing you several new basics to add to your collection….products we think will provide you with a wide array of design possibilities. You just might find yourself reaching for a few of these new items again and again!
Based on beautiful folk art that is popular now, this set contains a simple autumn scene of a farmhouse snuggled into the hills. The house and tree have also been included separately and in a larger scale to allow for more design opportunities. The fonts used embrace that folk art look and have been combined to create some beautiful expressions perfect for the fall season.
- Autumn Hills will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Autumn Hills contains a total of 11 images. The autumn hills scene block measures 1-1/4" x 2-5/8". The house image measures 1-5/8" x 1-1/8". The tree image measures 1-5/8" x 1-3/8". The small pumpkin trio image measures 5/8" x 1/2". The "Wishing you bountiful blessings…" sentiment measures 1-3/4" x 3/4". The "Happy Autumn Birthday" sentiment measures 1-1/4" x 7/8". The "Thankful for you" sentiment measures1-1/2" x 1/2".
Dawn McVey always has a knack for being right on trend, and her new background set does just that. Background Basics: Herringbone brings to life in stamp form, a beautiful pattern that is a timeless classic. Add a gorgeous herringbone pattern to all of your hand-crafted projects with this sleek and stylish background building set!
- Background Basics: Herringbone will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Background Basics: Herringbone contains a total of 3 images. The large herringbone image measures 5-3/4" x 3". The small herringbone images measure 1" x 1-1/2".
Coordinating with the Background Basics: Herringbone stamp set is the Herringbone Impression Plate, suitable for all sorts of styles and projects — both masculine and feminine. You'll be right on trend when you add this detailed pattern to your cards and other paper crafts!
- Herringbone Impression Plate will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- Herringbone Impression Plate measures 5-3/4" x 4-1/2".
This is the nineteenth in a monthly series that includes mega-sized versions of some of our favorite sentiments that were included in previously released sets. This nineteenth edition is a bit different from the others. It actually has a slightly smaller version of the decorative frame from Spooky Sweets II so that it will coordinate with the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle dies. The sentiments are larger versions of ones originally found in the popular 2009 Autumn Tags set. The extra-large format will provide you with all new capabilities and design options. And for only $5, how can you go wrong?
- Think Big Favorites #19 will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Think Big Favorites #19 contains a total of 5 images. The circular frame measures just slightly over 2-1/8" in diameter. The "Thankful for you" sentiment measures 1-7/8" x 1/2". The "Thank you" sentiment measures 1-3/4" x 3/8".
- The circular frame coordinated with the Limitless Layers 2.25" Circle die collection.
This unique die collection will allow you to create pumpkin shaped cards and large pumpkins for different decorative applications. There are also small dies included that will help you to turn the pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern for a bit of extra charm!
- Shape Up Series: Pumpkin die collection will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- Shape Up Series: Pumpkin die collection contains a total of 5 dies. They measure 5-1/2" x 3-3/4"(pumpkin), 1" x 3/4"(stem), 3/4" x 5/8"(triangles), 2-3/4" x 1"(mouth).
This die was designed to be layered over the Shape Up Series: Pumpkin base, which will enable you to add "sections" to your pumpkin, perhaps cut from different fabrics or patterned papers. For some extra detail, distress the edges of each section with a bit of Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo ink.
- Shape Up Series: Pumpkin Sections die will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $14.
- Shape Up Series: Pumpkin Sections die is a single die. It measures 6-1/8" x 4".
- Orange Zest Polka Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Orange Zest Bitty Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Orange Zest Damask Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Orange Zest Leaves Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Orange Zest Gingham Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Orange Zest Stripes Singles (18 sheets): $6
Royal Velvet Pattern Pack (36 sheets, 6 sheets each of 6 patterns): $12
- Royal Velvet Polka Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Royal Velvet Bitty Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Royal Velvet Damask Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Royal Velvet Leaves Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Royal Velvet Gingham Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Royal Velvet Stripes Singles (18 sheets): $6
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
My first project today uses the new Autumn Hills stamp set that I designed. I had been anxious to color the little autumn farm scene ith Copics and really bring it to life so i figured that was a good place to start.
So I stamped the focal point in Noir Black Palette ink and colored it with Copic Markers (list of colors provided in supply list). Here is a little tip, when coloring the hills, go ahead and color right over all those little leaves in the trees. Once you are done, go back in with a Colorless Blender to remove the color on your leaves, then you can add whatever color you prefer back in. This saves a lot of time.
My next project used the incredible new Shape Up Series: Pumpkin dies! Trust me when I say that you will NOT be able to stop making these once you get started! So easy and they really make a major impact.
To create a card base, you cut & fold an A2 card as you normally would then align it with the tiny dots at the top of the die. Two passes throgh your die-cutting machine ought to cut both layers. You might notice that this die cuts the card down to much shorter than A2. This is so that once you add the stem to the pumpkin later on, it will become a standard A2 size and fit into standard A2 envelopes.
Now, you can move on and decorate the separate card front you will need to cut as well. To help you to be able to add lots of detail with very little effort, there is also a complementary die available that will cut all of the little sections for the pumpkin. I had been itching to do this with all of the patterns from the Orange Zest Pattern Pack. So I did all my die-cutting with each of the 6 patterns and swiped the edges with the Tea Dye Duo ink cubes. So, so incredibly easy!
I adhered all of my sections in place onto the seprate Orange Zest card front. I was then able to add a few other finishing detals. I die-cut a piece of Rustic Cream cardstock with the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die and then stamped it with the new frame size featured in Think Big Favorites #19. This was added in Ripe Avocado ink. The sentiment was added in Dark Chocolate. I distressed the edges of the label with my fingernails to help it look a bit more rustic.
I die-cut the stem in Dark Chocolate and the leaves (using Rosie Posie dies) from old book print. I adhered them in place at the top of the card and added a Ripe Avocado button tied with twine to finish it off.
When I was all done decrating the card front, all I had to do was attach it right to the card base I die-cut earlier. Be sure to stop by tomorrow becasue I will have another project using this die collection, only this time with a Halloween twist using the jack-o-lantern face elements.
It was stamped in Noir Black ink. I then colored it with Copic Markers (colors listed in supply list). As a special detail, I added patterns to the hills after I completed coloring them, using a Colorless Blender. I added small dots to the trees in gold with a paint pen and drew in a sun in the sky as well.
The lower half of the Dark Chocolate card front was impressed with the new Herrignbone Impression Plate. The corners of the block were nipped with a 5/8" circle punch. I added some Canyon Clay stitched ribbon and tied it off in a knot. I also added a Terracotta Tile button to the center of it.
The minute I started brainstorming about how to use Autumn Hills I knew I wanted to pair it up with Quilter's Sampler. I let the blocks bring most of the color to the project and just highlighted a few front door attributes on the actual house.
For the house, I simply heat embossed it with White Filigree embossing powder. I did the same for this sentiment as well, directly underneath the house. I added color to the pumpkins, front door & front steps sing Copic markers,
I cut a strip of Vintage Cream cardstock to use as the sentiment strip. I used this "Enjoy" sentiment from Spiral Bouquet, inking the top half with Spring Moss and the the bottom portion with Ocean Tides. I folded the ends of the banner and notched them. I added Ripe Avocado buttons to either side.
I die-cut an Ocean Tides circle with the Limitless Layers 2.25" Circle die, then added the Thing Big #19 frame in Ocean Tides. I die-cut the Pretty Peonies butterfly shape from Vintage Cream cardstock and added the coordinating butterfly image . This was all layered onto an Ocean Tides card base.
I stamped the tree directly onto my white card front in Charcoal Palette ink. I colored the tiny leaves with Copic Markers and then added flowers in Sweet Blush. The flower was from Love Lives Here specifically. I die-cut the vase from Vellum cardstock and sponged it with Scarlet Jewel & Autumn Rose inks. I stamped the sentiment (from Beautiful Butterflies) in True Black. I also stamped & cut-out one of the smaller butterflies to add to the sentiment.
I added stripes to a piece of Autumn Rose satin ribbon using a Scarlet Jewel Copic Marker. The background of the card was created by impressing Sweet Blush cardstock with the In Bloom impression plate.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Are you getting excited to create some fall themed projects? Which of today's introductions has really gotten your creative juices flowing? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, Monday, August 13th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our August Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Melissa Phillips will be featuring more of Autumn Hills, Background Basics: Herringbone and Think Big Favorites #19.
Danielle Flanders will be featuring more of the Shape Up Series: Pumpkin die.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
- STAMPS: Autumn Hills (available August 15th)
- INK: Black Noir Palette,
- PAPER: Canyon Clay, Dark Chocolate, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Copic Markers (YG95, YG97, R89, YR15, E59, T4, T6, BG72, Y26, YR12)
- FINISHED SIZE: 3-3/4" x 5-1/2"
- STAMPS: Think Big Favorites #19 (available August 15th)
- INK: Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream, Orange Zest Pattern Pack, vintage book print from old book
- OTHER: Ripe Avocado button, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Limitless Layers 2.25" Circle die, Shape Up Series: Pumpkin die collection, Shape Up Series: Pumpkin Sections die, Rosie Posie dies (leaves)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
AUTUMN BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Autumn Hills (available August 15th)
- INK: Black Noir Palette, Terracotta Tile
- PAPER: Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft, Vintage Cream
- OTHER: Herringbone Impression Plate, gold paint pen (Marvy), Canyon Clay stitched ribbon, Terracotta Tile stitched ribbon, Copic Markers (YR24, YR38, YR18, E19, E99, B97, YG93, T1, T4, Colorless Blender), 5/8" circle punch
- FINISHED SIZE:
BOUNTIFUL BLESSINGS CARD
- STAMPS: Autumn Hills (available August 15th) Quilter's Sampler
- INK: Black Noir Palette, VersaMark, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Classic Kraft, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: 3/4" square punch, White Filigree Embossing Powder, Copic Markers (YG97, YG95, R29, Y38, E19, YR18, R89, Colorless Blender), gold paint pen (Marvy)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4" x 5-1/2"
- STAMPS: Think Big Favorites #19, Background Basics: Herringbone (available August 15th) Pretty Peonies, Spiral Bouquet
- INK: Spring Moss, Ocean Tides
- PAPER: Ocean Tides, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream
- OTHER: Pretty Peonies die (butterfly), Limitless Layers 2.25" Circle die, Ripe Avocado buttons, twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5"
SENDING PRAYERS CARD
- STAMPS: Autumn Hills (available August 15th)bBeautiful Butterflies
- INK: Scarlet Jewel, Autumn Rose, Sweet Blush, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Sweet Blush, Stamper's Select White, Vellum cardstock
- OTHER: Mega Gracious Vases die, Autumn Rose satin ribbon, Copic Markers (R89, YG93, YG91), In Bloom Impression Plate
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5.5"