There's just something intriguing about vintage cameras. Regardless of the make and model, antique cameras were not only functional but were often a thing of beauty. The earliest models being a marvel in and of themselves, there's something so amazing about their ability to capture moments in time that we otherwise wouldn't have seen. And the photos that came out of those cameras, have in many cases become treasures as well. It is with those first cameras in mind, that we introduce to you, today's featured stamp set.
Modeled after an original instant camera made in the early 1950's, one of the first cameras to provide instant photos. When doing my research, I stumbled across a copy of the original user's manual for the camera (you can find it HERE). Definitely an interesting read! You had to coat each print with a special chemical after pulling it out of the camera! It is amazing how much technology has changed over the years!
This detailed camera image along with it's coordinating dies, allows you to create your own pull-out "photo" strip from the camera. The recipient can pull on the tab to reveal a sentiment or even a small photo you have added. The stylish sentiments feature a fun play on words to make the camera versatile for so many different types of projects. The camera is sized to fit quite well on an A2 card front as well as many scrapbook applications.
- Shutterbug Special will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Shutterbug Special contains a total of 15 images. The camera measures 2-1/4" x 3-1/4". "Oh Shoot!…" sentiment measures 1-1/8" x 3/4". "Pull Here" measures 3/4" x 3/16". "It only takes an instant…" sentiment measures 1-1/8" x 1". The Photo to Remember label measures 5/8" x 1/2". The Snap Shot Date label measures 1" x 3/8".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $9. This collection includes a total of 2 dies. They measure 1-1/2" x 2-7/8" (A), 3-3/4" x 2-1/2" (B).
Here is a list of the sentiments in the set and the occasions this versatile collection can cover:
Say Cheese & Eat Cake- Happy Birthday/You can never have too much happy.
2. BELATED BIRTHDAY
Oh Shoot! I'm sorry that I forgot your birthday.
3. THINKING OF YOU/ ENCOURAGEMENT
Smile and look at the bright side.
4. REMINISCING/ FRIEND/ FAMILY/ SCRAPBOOKING
Life is all about the memories.
5. FRIEND/ LOVE
You and I just click.
6. THANK YOU/ FRIENDSHIP
It only takes an instant to know who your true friends are. Thank you for always being there.
Capture the memories & the moments.
8. WEDDING/ ANNIVERSARY
The wedding may be over in an instant, but the love lasts forever.
So, as you can see, this set is quite versatile and can be used for so many different things. Now that I've formally introduced Shutterbug Special, let's get onto the projects!
I stamped the camera a second time onto some scrap white cardstock and cut out just the center portion. I adhered this onto the die-cut camera with foam tape for dimension. As a finishing touch, I added a 1/2" circle epoxy sticker over the lens portion to make it look more like glass.
(click on the photo above for a larger view)
I wanted to create a scrap layout using this fabulous camera as well. It is the perfect scale for adding a little pull-out journaling or even a photo strip.
For the title, I adhered strips of cardstock to the top edge of my layout, allowing them to line-up with the top of the main photo. The colors are Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold. I die-cut Modern Alphabet letters from the same colors and adhered the letters on top of the photo, at the bottom of each strip, with foam tape.
I die-cut the main part of the camera from Melon Berry cardstock and added the coordinating image in Melon Berry ink. I stamped the camera again onto Spring Moss cardstock using Simply Chartreuse ink and cut out just the center portion and added it to the Melon Berry camera with foam tape. I stamped the camera a third time onto Aqua Mist cardstock with Hawaiian Shores ink, punching out just the lens portion with a circle punch. This was also layered onto the original camera.
I die-cut the pull-out strip from Classic Kraft cardstock and added a small 1" copy of a family photo. I stamped the small snapshot label (also from Shutterbug Special) onto Harvest Gold cardstock with Summer Sunrise ink. I added the year from Library Ledger Year Additions with Orange Zest ink . The label was accented with a Berry Sorbet button tied with twine.
I added one of the sentiments from Shutterbug Special to the right side of the layout. I die-cut Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle from Aqua Mist & Harvest Gold cardstock and adhered them together. I stamped the Harvest Gold circle with the lined journaling circle from Mini Scrapbooking Series: Journaling Circle using Summer Sunrise ink. I added the Shutterbug Special sentiment in Orange Zest. I stamped the small "Photo to Remember" label from Shutterbug Special in Berry Sorbet ink onto Melon Berry cardstock and trimmed it out. I also added a tiny heart from Shutterbug Special in Berry Sorbet ink stamped on white cardstock, punched out with a 1/4" circle punch. A small Simply Chartreuse button with twine finishes it off.
I also die-cut some Fancey Flourishes from white cardstock and stamped them with the coordinating images using Charcoal Palette ink. I added them to either side of the camera to help break up the "boxiness".
For the interior of the card, I added a photo of David & I together, which was mounted onto white cardstock for added stability. I stamped some sentiments directly onto the photo using Noir Palette ink, since it it permanent. The "always & forever" is from the new Signature Greetings II set. "You Complete Me" is from Love & Marriage. And the "Happy Anniversary" is from Damask Designs.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Cristina Kowalczyk.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! We hope we've inspired you to get crafty yourself! Can you see yourself creating your own unique cards and other projects with Shutterbug Special? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 14, 2012 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
- STAMPS: Shutterbug Special (available July 15th)
- INK: True Black, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist Pattern Pack (bitty dot)
- OTHER: Shutterbug Special dies, 1-1/8" circle punch (EK Success), White Filigree Embossing Powder, clear epoxy 1/2" circle sticker (EK Success)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
- STAMPS: Shutterbug Special (available July 15th) Mini Scrapbooking Series: Journaling Circle, Library Ledger Year Additions
- INK: Melon Berry, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Harvest Gold, Melon Berry, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet, Fine Linen, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Shutterbug Special dies, Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle dies, Modern Alphabet dies, Modern Alphabet Upper dies, Simply Chartreuse & Berry Sorbet buttons, twine, pinking shears (Fiskars), 1/4" & 5/8"circle punches (EK Success)
- FINISHED SIZE: 8-1/2" x 11"
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PHOTO CARD
- STAMPS: Shutterbug Special, Signature Greetings II (available July 15th) Fancy Flourishes, Damask Designs (happy anniversary), Love & Marriage (you complete me)
- INK: Ocean Tides, Charcoal Palette, Noir Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Vellum Cardstock
- OTHER: Shutterbug Special dies, Fancy Flourishes dies
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5"