The great outdoors provides inspiration for crafing in many ways and some of those gorgeous things found in nature have inspired several of today's new product releases! Things like the sun, clouds, flowering trees and even flowers….or rather, what to house the flowers in *wink*, are today's featured inspirations and we're happy to show you the products that have been brought to life as a result!
When Maile Belles first released her popular Gracious Vases set last year, there were many requests for something along those lines only in a larger scale. Mega Gracious Vases is a super sized version of the vases included in the original Gracious Vases stamp set. These larger vases are the perfect compliment to many of the large flower stamp sets. Fill them with flowers, cut them from pattern paper or wrap them with a bow. This versatile set is a must to include in anyone’s stamp collection.
- Mega Gracious Vases will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Mega Gracious Vases contains a total of 8 images. The largest vase images measures 2" x 1 1/8", the smallest vase images measures 1" x 1 1/4".
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $7. This die measures 2-5/8" x 4-1/4" (individually each vase is 1" to 2" tall).
Melissa Bickford is well known for her clean & simple, graphic images. Now she brings us Floral Foliage, a fresh and simple mini set that features a large flowery tree and a sentiment that is perfect for expressing your appreciation for a dear friend. You will love the coordinating die which will make creating a breeze and will leave you with a crisp, clean tree image each time you use it. A simply sweet set that will bring smiles to those you care about the most!
- Floral Foliage will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Floral Foliage contains a total of 4 images. The flowery tree top measures approximately 2” wide by 2” tall. The tree trunk measures approximately 1/4" wide by 1-1/4” tall. The sentiment measures approximately 2-1/2” wide x 3/4” tall. The small flower trio measures approximately 3/4” wide x 1/2” tall.
- A coordinating die will be available for sale separately, retailing for $4. This die measures 2-1/4" x 3-3/8".
Melissa Bickford has created another show stopper for her latest addition to the Heart-2-Heart series. This is the sixth set in a monthly series of adorable images, sentiments and coordinating dies. Each set features a clean and simple design and a fun font combination that you will love mixing and matching. The coordinating die will make stamping a breeze and give you a perfect image every time you use it. A super fun series that will be a welcome addition to any stamp collection and put a smile on any recipients face!
- Heart-2-Heart #6 will be available for purchase on July 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Heart-2-Heart #6 contains a total of 6 images. The sun measures 1-1/8” wide by 1-1/8” tall. The large cloud measures approximately 1-7/10” wide by 1-1/10” tall. The small cloud measures approximately 4/5” wide x 1/2” tall. ‘Under the weather?’ measures approximately 1-2/5” wide x 1/2” tall. ‘I hope brighter skies come your way soon!’ measures approximately 2-2/5” wide by 1/2” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $4. This collection includes a total of 3 dies. They measure 1-1/2" (A), 1" x 5/8" (B), 1-3/4" x 1-1/8" (C).
We are also introducing two new Pattern Packs this month! These new colors will be a wonderful addition to your collection!
- Winter Wisteria Polka Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Winter Wisteria Bitty Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Winter Wisteria Damask Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Winter Wisteria Leaves Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Winter Wisteria Gingham Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Winter Wisteria Stripes Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Blueberry Sky Polka Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Blueberry Sky Bitty Dot Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Blueberry Sky Damask Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Blueberry Sky Leaves Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Blueberry Sky Gingham Singles (18 sheets): $6
- Blueberry Sky Stripes Singles (18 sheets): $6
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
My first project today is a floating window card, similar in technique to THIS CARD that I created last month in THIS POST. I started by die-cutting the Layerz Mat Stack 3 die from a block of cardstock and the impressing it with the Simple Stripes Impression Plate. I then lined it up on the cover of a white card base and temporarily adhered the Mat Stack 3 die in place, centered within the opening. I die cut the Mat Stack 3 die and sandwiched Clear Cardstock in between the layers before adhering them together.
I die-cut two of the Heart-2-Heart #6 cloud from white cardstock and stamped one of them with the coordinating image in Soft Stone. I added dimension to the little heart opening by adding some Liquid Pearls. I adhered the stamped cloud to the front of the window and the plain cloud on the back, covering up the adhesive. I then used mini glue dots to adhere 1/4" dots of various cardstock colors to create a rainbow effect.
My next project uses the adorable little sun from Heart-2-Heart #6. I started with a piece of Raspberry Fizz cardstock. I die-cut the letters from Hibiscus Burst cardstock and adhered them between two strips of Orange Zest cardstock. Then I die-cut the Heart-2-Heart #6 sun from Summer Sunrise cardstock and stamped it with the coordinating image using Orange Zest ink, trimming off a bit from the bottom so it would lay flat against the upper Orange Zest strip. I stamped the sentiment, also from Heart-2-Heart #6, on another strip of Summer Sunrise cardstock using Orange Zest ink and adhered it towards the bottom.
I added two strips of 1/8" Scor-tape to the Orange Zest cardstock strips and sprinkled them with Prisma Glitter. I notched the corners of my focal point with a 5/8" circle punch. Adhered everything to a simple white cards base.
Now for something that features pastels in a soft & soothing way. I created the basic block for my card cover with white cardstock stamped with Background Basics: Text Style in Charcoal Palette ink. I added strips of Summer Sunrise Stripes paper to the top and bottom of the block.
I die-cut the Floral Foliage tree from white cardstock and stamped the top in Melon Berry and the bottom in Fine Linen. I die-cut leaves from Spring Moss cardstock using the Sending You dies. I stamped them with one of the small blocks from Background Basics: Medallions. The leaves were tucked around the top portion of the tree. I punches a butterfly from Aqua Mist cardstock and finished it with a Lemon Tart button & twine.
For the sentiment block, I die-cut Sweet Blush & white cardstock with the Limitless Layers 2.25" Circles dies, stamping the white circle with Journaling Lines in Fine Linen ink. The sentiment (from Signature Greetings II) was added in Charcoal Palette. I also stitched three small x's with twine to help add definition to the sentiment.
I stamped & die cut the tree with Simply Chartreuse ink, adding a "trunk" with a strip of Classic Kraft cardstock. I die-cut the bird from Winter Wisteria Gingham paper and stamped it with Royal Velvet ink. I stamped the bird a second time directly onto the tree top and adhered the die-cut body into place.
For my last project today, I thought I would show you well the new scale of the Mega Gracious Vases will coordinate with some of our other products, shown specifically here with the Notched Flower dies.
I tore strips of Raspberry Fizz bitty dot paper and Pure Poppy cardstock to ground my vase at the bottom of my focal point block. The Mega Gracious Vases die was used with Classic Kraft cardstock here. I just love the shape of all the vases Maile has designed.
I drew a black line from the vase and adhered the different portions of my bouquet. I die-cut the medium notched flower from Raspberry Fizz cardstock and stamped it with Damask Designs using Pure Poppy ink. I die-cut the smallest Notched Flower from Puree Poppy cardstock and stamped it with Background Basics: Medallions using Scarlet Jewell ink. The flowers were layered and the center finished with a Simply Chartreuse button. I stamped the Floral Foliage tree topper with Simply Chartreuse ink onto Harvest Gold cardstock. I then free cut a few leaves from the pattern. These were adhered around the flower.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Hopefully something in today's post has stirred a bit of your own creativity! Was there a particular project or product introduction that you're most excited about? What are you most looking forward to creating with yourself? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, July 11, 2012 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our July Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Betsy Veldman will be showcasing more of Heart-2-Heart #6.
Ashley Cannon Newell will be showcasing more of Mega Gracious Vases.
Danielle Flanders will be showcasing more of Floral Foliage.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
- STAMPS: Heart-2-Heart #6 (available July 15th) Movers & Shakers Sentiments
- INK: True Black, Soft Stone
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores
- OTHER: Heart-2-Heart #6 die, Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Mat Stack 3 die, Layerz Mat Stack 3 die, clear cardstock, mini glue dots, Simple Stripes Impression Plate, 1/4" hole punch
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BRIGHTER SKIES CARD
- STAMPS: Heart-2-Heart #6 (available July 15th)
- INK: Orange Zest
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest
- OTHER: Heart-2-Heart #6 die, 1/8" Scor-tape, Prisma Glitter, Modern Alphabet Upper dies, 5/8" circle punch (for notched corners)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 4-1/4"
THANKFUL FOR YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Floral Foliage, Signature Greetings II (available July 15th) Background Basics: Medallions, Background Basics: Text Style, Journaling Lines
- INK: Fine Linen, Charcoal Palette, Melon Berry, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise Pattern Pack (stripes)
- OTHER: Floral Foliage die, butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), Lemon Tart button, twine, Limitless Layers 2.25" circle dies, Sending You die (leaves)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
FRIENDLY BIRD CARD
- STAMPS: Floral Foliage (available July 15th) Little Bitty Bird
- INK: VersaMark, Royal Velvet, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, Classic Kraft, Winter Wisteria Pattern Pack (bitty dot, stripes & gingham)
- OTHER: Little Bitty Bird die, Filigree White Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
FLOWER VASE CARD
- STAMPS: Floral Foliage (available July 15th) Background Basics: Medallions, Damask Designs
- INK: True Black, Fresh Snow, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Classic Kraft, Raspberry Fizz Pattern Pack (bitty dot)
- OTHER: Mega Gracious Vases die, Notched Flower dies, Simply Chartreuse button, twine, black pen (American Crafts)
- FINISHED SIZE: 7" x 3-3/4"