Hydrangeas have long been admired, because of their gorgeous, unique colors and showy, oversized flowers. These profusely blooming beauties have a dreamy quality about them, whether found in an English garden, along a country road or cozied up next to a wrap-around porch. With those thoughts in mind, sit back and settle in for today's equally gorgeous product introductions!
Happy Hydrangea is an elegantly simple set designed by Maile Belles that’s easy to work with and is full of potential. All of the images coordinate and work together beautifully. Included in this set are heartfelt sentiments perfect for expressing your feelings for that special occasion. This set and its matching dies are the perfect compliment to your collection!
- Happy Hydrangea will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Happy Hydrangea contains a total of 19 images. The large stemmed hydrangea image measures 3 1/2" x 2", the large hydrangea blossom image measures approximately 2" in diameter, the small hydrangea blossom image measures approximately 1 3/8" in diameter, the frame images measures 2" x 2 5/8", the "enjoy your special day" sentiment measures 2 5/8" x 1 1/4" and the "hello" sentiment measures 1 1/8" x 5/8".
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $10. This collection includes a total of 4 dies. The dies measure 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" (A), 2" x 2-5/8" (B), 1-1/2" x 1-3/8" (C), 2-3/4" x 7/8" (D).
This is the sixteenth in a monthly series that includes mega-sized versions of some of our favorite sentiments that were included in previously released sets. This sixteenth edition stems from the popular anniversary set, Round & Round. The extra-large format will provide you with all new capabilities and design options. And for only $5, how can you go wrong?
- Think Big Favorites #16 will be available for purchase on May 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Think Big Favorites #16 contains a total of 4 images. The "Happy Anniversary" measure 3-1/4" x 3/8". The "Welcome Baby" sentiment measures 3-1/4" x 1/2". The "With Gratitude" sentiment measures 3-1/4" x 3/4". The "Birthday Wishes" sentiment measures 3-1/4" x 1/2".
Lastly, we are bringing you four additional ink colors this month. The following four colors will be available in full-size ink pad, cube and refill on May 15th.
- Plum Pudding
- Royal Velvet
- Soft Stone
- Sweet Blush
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I began with Soft Stone cardstock and stamped various hydrangea images with Sweet Blush & Lavender Moon inks. I then added leaves with the Daydreamer stamp set using Spring Moss ink. As a final touch, I heat embossed the small floral trio image from Happy Hydrangeas, scattered across the background, in White Filigree Embossing Powder. The exterior edge was brushed with Fresh snow ink.
I heat embossed the anniversary sentiment from Think Big Favorites #16 onto a strip of Lavender Moon cardstock. I added a little detail to the end of the strip with embroidery floss that has a similar color to Sweet Blush. Finally, I roughed up the edges of the strip a bit with my fingernails.
I started by stamping the background. I stamped white cardstock with the small hydrangea cluster in True Black. I then went back in with the leaves and added those with Simply Chartreuse ink. To help fill in some of the additional spaces, I added a small single bloom from the set. To add some texture, I ran the whole background through my Vagabond with the Simple Stripes Impression Plate.
For my sentiment, I assembled different bits and pieces from Movers & Shakers Sentiments. I stamped them onto a Mat Stack 1 die-cut from white cardstock, already stamped with the oval frame from Happy Hydrangeas in Simply Chartreuse. The whole sentiment block is matted with True Black cut with the Mat Stack 1 Layerz die.
A strip of Simply Chartreuse cardstock fills the middle of the card, stamped with A Little Argyle in True Black ink. I also wrapped some black twine around the border. All of this is adhered to a True Black card base.
I stamped the hydrangea image by inking the top portion with Winter Wisteria, with the edge slightly rolled in Plum Pudding ink, meanwhile the stem & leaves were inked in Spring Moss. After stamping, I wet the image slightly with a watercolor brush & water. I then put some drops of Plum Pudding, Soft Stone & Simply Chartreuse ink refills onto a palette. Using my damp brush, I went back in and added small drops of Plum Pudding to the center of each little flower and then around then swiped around the exterior edge of the flower head. I added a bit of shading to the stem & leaves with the Simply Chartreuse ink refill and then a bit of shadowing around the whole image with the Soft Stone ink refill. I added a few splatters of Plum Pudding as well to help make it look more artistic. The whole hydrangea piece was impressed with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.
The sentiment, also from Happy Hydrangeas, was placed vertically and heat embossed with Silver Filigree Embossing Powder onto a block of Winter Wisteria cardstock. The edge of the block was swiped with a Fresh Snow ink pad to help soften it. All of this was mounted onto a Plum Pudding card base.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Has all this hydrangea talk gotten you in the mood to get out in your garden or to get busy in your craft room? Have you added a few more items to your crafty wish list? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, May 14 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our May Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Maile Belles will be showcasing more of her Happy Hydrangeas stamp set as well as Think Big Favorites #16.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CARD
- STAMPS: Happy Hydrangeas, Think Big Favorites #16 (available May 15th) Daydreamer
- INK: Sweet Blush, Lavender Moon, Spring Moss, Fresh Snow, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Lavender Moon
- OTHER: White Filigree Embossing Powder, floss (DMC)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
36TH BIRTHDAY CARD
- STAMPS: Happy Hydrangeas (available May 15th) Movers & Shakers Sentiments, A Little Argyle
- INK: True Black, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, True Black, Simply Chartreuse
- OTHER: Mat Stack 1 die, Mat Stack 1 Layerz die, black twine, Simple Stripes impression plate
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY CARD
- STAMPS: Happy Hydrangeas (available May 15th)
- INK: Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding, Spring Moss, Fresh Snow (Plum Pudding, Soft Stone & Simply Chartreuse ink refills for watercoloring)
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding
- OTHER: Silver Filigree Embossing Powder, Linen & Canvas impression plate, watercolor brush & water
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"