Spring is in the air and sweet little birdies seem to be popping up everywhere and today's post is no exception! Just wait till you see the adorable little birdies we have in store for you today!
Melissa Bickford is known for her adorable whimsical images. Tweet Talk is a sweet and whimsical set that celebrates several of life’s biggest moments. With multiple bird images, a bird wire and a crisp, clean font, this set is sure to give you the most adorable projects. Coordinating dies have also been created which will make stamping a breeze. Whether you are congratulating a newly married couple, celebrating a special birthday or creating a scrapbook page for a new addition to your family, this set is sure to bring you lots of happiness!
- Tweet Talk will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Tweet Talk contains a total of 38 images. The two large outlined birds measure approximately 1-1/5” wide x 1-1/5 tall. The two smallest outlined birds measure approximately ½” wide x 1/2” tall. The bird wire measures 3-1/4” wide by 9/10” tall. The row of birds measure ½” wide by 2” tall. ‘A little birdie told me’ measures approximately 2-3/4” wide by 3/20” tall. ‘It’s your birthday’ measures 2” wide by 3/20” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $5. This collection includes a total of 3 dies.
This is the fifteenth in a monthly series that includes mega-sized versions of some of our favorite sentiments that were included in previously released sets. This fifteenth edition stems from the popular set, Fillable Frames #5 by Heather Nichols. The extra-large format will provide you with all new capabilities and design options. And for only $5, how can you go wrong?
- Think Big Favorites #15 will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Think Big Favorites #15 contains a total of 3 images. "Hello sunshine" measures 3-1/4" x 1/2". "Thank you" measures 3" x 7/8". "Celebrate" measures 3-1/4" x 3/4".
The Limitless Layers 3.5" Oval Die Collection is the next in the Limitless Layers series! You'll love this jumbo ovals…..Bigger is almost always better!
- The Limitless Layers 3.5" Oval Die Collection will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $30.
- The Limitless Layers 3.5" Oval Die Collection contains a total of 5 dies. The plain oval measures 3 1/2" x 2 3/8". The pinked edge oval measures 4" x 2 3/4". The largest scalloped oval measures 4 1/4" x 3".
The Notched Flowers Die Collection designed by Dawn McVey is a great die collection to create the whimsical & stylish little notched flowers that keep popping up everywhere in the craft world. You can die-cut fabric, felt and of course paper. Add a button, rhinestones or whatever else you dream up for the centers!
- The Notched Flowers Die Collection will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- The Notched Flowers Die Collection contains a total of 3 dies. The largest flower measures 2 1/4" in diameter. The medium flower measures 1 5/8" in diameter. The smallest flower measures 1 1/4" in diameter.
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
My first project is perfect to send to a friend who has just found out she is expecting. I know I have had a few occasions where I have needed this exact sentiment and didn't have it in my arsenal, so I am so glad to have it now!
I began my project by die-cutting the Limitless Layers 3.5" Oval dies from Ocean Tides & Simply Chartreuse cardstock. I love the size of these new dies because they really create a nice focal point size for A2 cards. I heat embossed the sentiment with White Filigree Embossing Powder.
I die-cut the pieces for the bird using the Tweet Talk dies then stamped them with their coordinating images. The outlines were stamped in Ocean Tides, the solid bird with Aqua Mist and the solid tail with Simply Chartreuse. I also added a bit of detail to the tail using a YG95 Copic Marker.
I knew I wanted to add a little flag to the beak of the bird, so I inserted a glass head pin into the oval layer. I then cut a thin strip of white cardstock and stamped the word "Congrats" from Tiny Tags II using Simply Chartreuse ink.
I started by die-cutting one of the Half & Half dies from Classic Kraft cardstock. I added the hippo image from Tremendous Treats: Birthday at the bottom, followed by the "bird stack". I colored them all in with BG18 & YG17 Copic Markers, adding a bit of pattern with a Colorless Blender. I cut up the sentiment "A little birdie told me it's your birthday" into little strips so I could divide the words between the animals. I adhered them in place in such a way that it appears each bird is "speaking" a portion of the phrase.
I stamped the large bird as well as the separate tail image in Noir Palette ink. I then colored the tail in with a rainbow of Copic Markers. I added a clear rhinestone to each tail feather and colored those with the same Copic Markers as well.
For the background on the Smokey Shadow card base, I created a border with the tail feather outline image. I added a small dot with a black pen to each of the "feathers" to echo the look of the rhinestones in the focal point.
I die-cut the two smaller layers from the new Melon Berry Pattern Pack (Gingham & Bitty Dot). I crumpled them a bit and adhered the layers together, finishing with a Lemon Tart button and some twine. For the leaves, I used the solid tail feathers from Tweet Talk, stamped in Spring Moss. Again adding a bit of detail with a Copic Marker. I just love this little flower! So pretty and so easy to create!
I used one of the fabulous sentiments from the new Think Big Favorites #15 to stamp on a strip across the bottom of the card. I stamped it in Melon Berry ink onto a Lemon Tart cardstock, roughing up the edges a bit with my fingernail. All of this was adhered to a Melon Berry card base.
I hope you have enjoyed all the creations that I have shared with you today! Hopefully these new product peeks with adorable birds and flowers have gotten you in the mood to get a little crafty yourself! Are you getting excited to get your hands on some of these new products? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, April 11 to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our April Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Betsy Veldman is sharing more Tweet Talk and Think Big Favorites #15 projects with you today.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Bickford.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
- STAMPS: Tweet Talk (available April 15th) Tiny Tags II
- INK: Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Ocean Tides, Simply Chartreuse, Classic Kraft
- OTHER: Tweet Talk dies, Limitless Layers 3.5" Oval dies, glass head pin (Dritz), Copic Marker (YG95), White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
BRING ON THE HAPPY CARD
- STAMPS: Tweet Talk (available April 15th) Tremendous Treats: Birthday, Big Birthday Wishes
- INK: Noir Palette, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Simply Chartreuse
- OTHER: Half & Half die, Copic Markers (BG18, YG17, T1, colorless blender), white colored pencil
- FINISHED SIZE: 6" x 3-1/2"
SO HAPPY FOR YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Tweet Talk (available April 15th)
- INK: Noir Palette
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow
- OTHER: clear rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Copic Markers (R29, YR18, Y38, YG95, BG18), black pen (American Crafts)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
HELLO SUNSHINE CARD
- STAMPS: Tweet Talk, Think Big Favorites #15 (available April 15th)
- INK: Melon Berry, Spring Moss
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Melon Berry, Lemon Tart, Melon Berry Pattern Pack (gingham & bitty dot)
- OTHER: Notched Flower dies, Lemon Tart button, white twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"