Sledding with friends on cold blustery morning…
Sailing over the hills in a one horse open sleigh…
catching snowflakes light as air on the tip of your tongue…
catching a glimpse of deer gracefully prancing across a snow-covered meadow….
In the Meadow captures all of this and more. This collection of images was inspired by the snowdrifts that gathered in a meadow near the house where I grew up and all of the fun we had outdoors during the winter months. I imagined reindeer with freshly made footprints in the snow, a ride through snow-covered hills in a sleigh, children sledding and more. The dies included in for this collection allow you to layer the images on top of the snowdrifts and an amazing number of other design opportunities.
- In the Meadow will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- In the Meadow contains a total of 25 stamps (1 horse & sleigh, 1 squirrel, 1 left-facing bird, 1 right-facing bird, 1 rabbit, 1 set of rabbit tracks, 1 deer eating, 1 standing deer, 1 set of deer tracks, 1 boy sledding, 1 snowman, 1 tree, 3 snowflakes, 1 snowflake flurry, 8 sentiments)
- A coordinating set of dies will be available for sale separately, retailing for $14. The collection contains a total of five dies: 2-3/4" x 2-1/2" (A), 2-1/4" x 3-1/2" (B), 1-3/4" x 1" (C), 1-1/2" x 1-3/4" (D), 3-1/2" x 1-1/2" (E).
I also designed a separate set of dies that can be used to represent the rolling snowdrifts of a meadow. These dies will give you perfectly smooth curves every time, out of both paper and felt. Try edging them with glitter for spectacular results. You can even create them in shades of green to represent rolling green hills.
- The In the Meadow die collection will be available for sale on October 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- The In the Meadow die collection is a set of two dies. Snowdrift A measures 5-1/2" x 1". Snowdrift B measures 5-1/2" x 1-3/4". The two dies layer perfectly on top of one another.
I have one more additional die to introduce to you today and it is the perfect solution for creating special packaging for the holidays and throughout the year. The intent of this die is to cut two of them from your selected cardstock color and adhere them to the front & back of a trimmed down lunch bag. You will get professional results and be able to create large & roomy gift bags for any occasion for just a few cents.
- The Front & Center #1 die will be available on October 15th.
- It will retail for $20.
- The Front & Center die measures 5-3/4" x 7-1/4".
Now that all the formal introductions have been made, lets get onto a few of the fun projects I have in store for you!
I die-cut two pieces of Spring Rain cardstock with the Front & Center #1 die and decorated one of them to serve as the front of my finished bag. It is important to get all of your decorating done first before you adhere the bag together..
I die-cut the In the Meadow snowdrift dies from Vellum Cardstock. I stamped the smaller one with Background Basics: Text Style and the larger one with Polka Dot Basics II, both using Fresh Snow ink. I heat set the ink after I was done stamping to speed up the drying time on the vellum.
The boy sledding was die-cut from Soft Stone cardstock to provide a bit of contrast with the white embossing of the coordinating image. I die-cut the trees from Spring Moss cardstock and then ran them back through with the Woodgrain Impression plate. The sentiment was heat embossed with White Filigree Embossing Powder directly onto the bag front.
All in all with the lunch bag and the two pieces of cardstock it took to cut the front & back panels the bag costs a mere 45-cents! You just can't beat that! Especially if you want to make several coordinating specialty bags for party favors or other mass-production! And they are so roomy, they can hold fairly large items!
I die-cut the In the Meadow snowdrifts from vintage bookprint from an old book and used Tea Dye Duo on the upper edges. I die-cut Vintage Cream cardstock with the horse & sleigh die and stamped the coordinating image in True Black ink.
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the projects that both myself and the team have prepared for you today! As you can see, these new products can be combined in amazing ways! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on all that was introduced today! Is there anything in particular that has caught your eye? An image that might bring back memories of the past for you? You could have a chance to win an amazing prize package just for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!
- In the Meadow stamp set
- In the Meadow die collection
- In the Meadow Silhouettes die collection
- Front & Center die
- Made of Snow stamp set
- Background Basics: Sheet Music stamp set
- Masculine Motifs stamp set
- Prisma Glitter
You have until 7am, Friday, October 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced by noon the same day on our October 2011 Release Winners page. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Tiffany Pastor is highlighting her new sets, Nativity Silhouettes & Additions.
Maile Belles has some amazing projects today using both of her new dies.
Beth Silaika has some things showcasing her set, Faith & Hope.
Melissa Bickford is sharing projects using her latest Flower Fusion set.
- STAMPS: In the Meadow (available October 15th) Polka Dot Basics II, Background Basics:Text Style
- INK: Fresh Snow, VersaMark
- PAPER: Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Soft Stone, Vellum Cardstock
- OTHER: In the Meadow dies, In the Meadow Silhouettes dies, Front & center die, Filigree White Embossing Powder, Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon, Woodgrain Impression Plate
- FINISHED SIZE: 5-3/4" x 7-1/4"
DASHING THROUGH THE SNOW CARD
- STAMPS: In the Meadow, Nativity Silhouettes (available October 15th) Background Basics: Sheet Music
- INK: True Black, VersaMark, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Kraft, True Black, Vintage Cream, vintage bookprint from old book
- OTHER: In the Meadow dies, In the Meadow Silhouettes dies, rhinestones (KaiserCraft)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"