Here we are! Back for Day 2 of this EXCITING August Release! I am so pleased to hear that all of you are as excited as we are about the amazing products being offered up this month! We have even more fun stuff today, so sit back and enjoy all of the eye candy e have prepared for you today!
Today's focus is Halloween. If a poll were to be taken, most paper crafting for Halloween does not focus on cards but rather treat packaging of one sort or another. We are focusing on treat bags specifically since they can have so many applications. Above is just a little sampling of how trendy treat buckets and just how adorable they can be for young and old.
You can apply facial features to a variety of different surfaces, like they did here with painted jars.
fabric bags or metal buckets…
fun altered paper bags…
pre-made muslin bags….
die-cut creature features from felt and so much more!
Heather Nichols' new set Halloween Treats & Sweets offers up several fun options for altering your own full-size treat buckets & bags as well as offering miniature versions that can be used to accent tags, bookmarks or other small-scaled projects. Having both the mega and bitty versions of everything opens the door for so many spooky possibilities!
- Halloween Treats & Sweets will be available for sale on August 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Halloween Treats & Sweets includes a total of 26 stamps (2 bitty cat ears, 2 bitty bat wings, 2 bitty sets of spider legs, 1 bitty treat bucket, 1 bitty cat face, 1 mega cat face, 1 bitty spider/bat face, 1 mega spider/bat face, 1 bitty skeleton face, 1 mega skeleton face, 1 bitty jack-o-lantern face, 1 mega jack-o-lantern face and 11 sentiments)
- The bitty treat bucket measures 1-3/8" x 1-1/2" without any exterior add-ons.
Here are the details regarding the die collections to coordinate with Halloween Treats & Sweets.
- A Bitty Halloween Treats & Sweets die collection will be available for sale separately for $7. It includes shapes that coordinate with the bitty bat wings, bitty spider legs, bitty cat ears & bitty treat bucket. The measurements are as follows: 2" x 3/4" (A), 1-1/2" x 1" (B), 1" x 1/2" (C), 1-3/8" x 1-1/2" (D).
- A Mega Halloween Treats & Sweets die collection will be available for sale separately for $12. It includes mega-sized spider legs, bat wings and cat ears. The measurements are as follows: 3-3/8" 2-1/2" (A), 4-1/4" x 1-3/8" (B), 1-1/2" x 3/4" (C).
To go along with the mega version of both the stamps and dies, Heather has designed a new Favor It Box that has a similar shape to the bitty treat bucket image in the stamp set! When you start pairing it up with the coordinating items from the rest of the collection, you will completely die from cuteness overload! I promise!!!! And the best part? The shape is generic enough that it can be used year-round for many applications other than Halloween!
- The Favor It Box 6 die will be available for sale on August 15th.
- It will retail for $14.
- The Favor It Box 6 die measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/4" and the assembled dimensions are 3-5/8" x 3" wide and 1" deep.
Heather has also packed a lot of punch into this month's Tag-its set. This mini set includes images appropriate for general autumn projects, Halloween & Thanksgiving. And the frame is just stunning and can be interchanged with images from the rest of the Tag-its collection as well as other previously sets.
- Tag-its #7 will be available for sale on August 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Tag-its #7 contains a total of 11 stamps (1 patterned frame, 1 pumpkin, 1 jack-o-lantern face, 1 acorn, 1 leaf and 6 sentiments.
Now, with all the formal introductions out of the way, let's get to the fun stuff!
For my first set of projects I paired the Lunchbox Note die with the bitty versions of the images from Halloween Treats & Sweets. You could write a little note for a special someone or tuck a Ghirardelli chocolate square inside as a special Halloween treat for anyone, young or old.
Here's a closeup of the spider packaging. I think the spider may possibly be my favorite! The Lunchbox Note was die-cut from Smokey Shadow cardstock and stamped with Polka Dot Basics II using VersaMark ink. The Limitless Layers 1.75" Standard Circle die was die-cut from old book print and adhered to the pinked edge mat from the same die set, using True Black cardstock.
The bitty treat bucket was die-ut from Simply Chartreuse cardstock and stamped with the coordinating images in True Black. Notice the fun pattern on the spiders body? I discovered that the Bitty Background Blocks stamp set is a perfect match for the size & scale of these images! The spider legs were die-cut from True Black cardstock and glittered. I used a white colored pencil to add definition to the fangs.
The sentiment flags extending from the sides of all these bundles was die-cut with the Double-Ended Banners die using Kraft cardstock. The sentiments (also from Halloween Treats & Sweets) were added in True Black.
For the jack-o-lantern, I die-cut the bitty treat bucket from Orange Zest cardstock. The coordinating treat bucket image and jack-o-lantern face were stamped in True Black and then I used a 2-way Glue Pen to add glitter to the facial features.
Now that I have showed you some projects created with the bitty version of the adorable images, let me show you an application using the mega versions. I decided to experiment today with creating felt bags with the Favor It Box 6 die. I am pleased to say that the results were perfect!
I die-cut two of the Favor It 6 Box from Simply Chartreuse. You will need about 12-inches of felt to complete one bag. It is important to note that our metal shim proves helpful when die-cutting these. A few tiny portions of interior angles just barely didn't cut through and I just had to go in with a few snips with scissors. The results are so worth it!
I die-cut the spider legs from True Black felt and adhered them to the back of the front portion using a hot glue gun. I stamped the spider face using Palette Noir ink and stitched over the moth using black embroidery floss. I also cut two small pieces of Vintage Cream felt to adhere in place of the teeth.
The tag s for all three treat bags were created with one of the Halloween Treats & Sweets sentiments as well as the Little Labels die. The tags are tied in place with a bit of True Black Gingham Ribbon.
I think these little treat bags are adorable and they are really quite easy to complete. They're perfect for little ones because they can continue to play with them for years to come since the longevity of the felt would far outweigh that of paper. Which bag is your favorite?
Next, I wanted to show you another fun product pairing that I'm sure you'll love. The tote showed here was made by cutting the top of one of our stamp boxes off and lining the inside with Distressed Dots paper. I used Orange Zest Twill to create the handles, which are held in place with Scor-tape..
The Tag Sale #4 die is the perfect size for the mega-sized creatures! I die-cut the tag from Smokey Shadow cardstock and then stamped it with the spider face using True Black ink. Background Basics: Newsprint was used on top of that with VersaMark ink. The spider legs were die-cut from True Black cardstock and adhered to the back of the tag. I added a few rhinestones to the ends of each leg as a fun finishing detail.
The label on the front of the bag was created with elements from Spooky Sweets II. I shaded around the large letters with an Orange Zest Copic marker. A fun and quick project that also recycles all those stamp boxes you receive each month.
The tag was created with the Limitless Layers 1.75" scalloped circle die. I stamped Heather's new frame from Tag-its #7 with VersaMark and heat embossed it with clear Filigree Embossing Powder. The pumpkin was stamped on white scratch paper and colored with Copics. Super cute isn;t it!
Now that you have seen some of my creations, let me show you the AMAZING things the team has done with this collection of products!
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
I hope you have enjoyed the projects that myself along with the rest of the team shared with you today. Halloween in such a fun time of year and when you can pair it up with adorable paper crafting fun, you can't go wrong. What are your initial thoughts of these sets? What types of projects do you think you might create with them? We would love to hear your thoughts! You could have the opportunity to win an amazing prize package just for leaving a comment here today! Here's what's up for grabs!
- Halloween Treats & Sweets stamp set
- Mega Halloween Treats & Sweets die collection
- Bitty Halloween Treats & Sweets die collection
- Favor It Box 6 die
- Tag-its #7 stamp set
- Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle die collection
- Bitty Background Blocks stamp set
- Lunchbox Note die
You have until 7am EST, Friday, August 12th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our August 2011 Release Winners page no later than noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Dawn McVey is featuring her new set, Gratitude Journal.
Melissa Bickford has inspiration using her new Flower Fusion #7 set.
Maile Belles is showcasing two new sets, Background Basics: Houndstooth & Autumn Acorns.
- STAMPS: Halloween Treats & Sweets (available August 15th) Polka Dot Basics II, Bitty Background Blocks
- INK: VersaMark, True Black, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Orange Zest, Royal Velvet, Smokey Shadow, Kraft, True Black, vintage book print from old book
- OTHER: Bitty Halloween Treats & Sweets die collection, Lunchbox Note die, Double Ended Banners die, Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle die collection, black glitter (Doodlebug), white colored pencil (Prisma), 2-way Glue Pen
- FINISHED SIZE: 2.75" x 2.75" each
FELT TREAT BAG COLLECTION
- STAMPS: Halloween Treats & Sweets (available August 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Palette Noir
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Mega Halloween Treats & Sweets die collection, Favor It Box 6 die, Simply Chartreuse, Royal Velvet, Raspberry Fizz, True Black & Vintage Cream felt, True Black Gingham Ribbon, Little Labels die, google eyes
- FINISHED SIZE: 3-5/8" x 3" wide and 1" deep
SWEETS BAG & SPIDER TAG
- STAMPS: Halloween Treats & Sweets (available August 15th), Spooky Sweets II, Background Basics: Newsprint.
- INK: Treu Black
- PAPER: Smokey Shadow, True Black, Summer Sunrise, Distressed Dots paper pad
- OTHER: Mega Halloween Treats & Sweets die collection, True Black button, black twine, Orange Zest Twill, clear stamp box.
- FINISHED SIZE: 6" x 5" (overall bag without handles)
CANDY CORN CUTIE PROJECT
- STAMPS: Tag-its #7 (available August 15th)
- INK: True Balck, VersaMark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Kraft
- OTHER: Limitless Layers 1.75" die collection,Scor-tape, orange & yellow glitter (Doodlebug), Clear Filigree Embossing Powder, Favor It Box 5 die, black twine
- FINISHED SIZE: 2" x 2-1/2"