Today's post is all about having a grateful heart and expressing gratitude. I think sometimes it is so easy to get absorbed with the busyness of everyday life, our to-do lists and the other million things that go through our minds each day. Really step back for a moment and think about all the incredible things you have to be grateful for. I know I don't appreciate those things often enough and working with today's stamp set has really helped me change my attitude to that of gratitude.
Dawn McVey's new stamp set, Gratitude Journal, is a beautifully executed set of images that can help you to appreciate all that you have and all that others do for you. The set has a multitude of bits and pieces that are perfect for creating it's namesake, gratitude journals. But she kept many of the images and phrases generic enough that they work wonderfully for thank you cards and other projects. There are even some clever tab shaped images that coordinate with her new die set, Journal Tabs.
- Gratitude Journal will be available for sale on August 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Gratitude Journal contains a total of 36 stamps (3 journal title images, 2 reverse sentiments/titles, 1 set of journaling lines, 1 "grateful" embellished circle, 1 scalloped border, 1 striped border, number medallions 1-10, 2 decorative flourishes and 15 sentiments/words)
- A coordinating set of dies will be available for sale separately, retailing for $9. This includes a total of 3 tab designs which are designed to be compatible with Gratitude Journal as well as many of our other previously released sets. The tabs measure as follows: 2-1/2" x 2" (A), 1-3/4" x 1-1/2" (B), 1-3/8" x 1-1/2" (C).
- The size & scale of many of the images in Gratitude Journal coordinate with our Button Card die collection.
Let me show you a bit of the inspiration I have collected over the last few weeks regarding today's post.
There are so many wonderful ways to assemble your own journal from scratch, or you can purchase a basic pre-made version and embellish it as desired.
I love the colors and layout of this cover.
You can add so many interesting pockets, tags, envelopes, slid-out and other interactive details to your journal.
Or it doesn't even have to be a journal at all, it can be easy, ongoing year-long project.
Of course there are fun applications you can use for Thanksgiving.
and ways to express gratitude that is also part of your decor.
Establishing a routine, something simple can make an attitude of gratitude part of your everyday life.
Expressing gratitude can be a family affair or something you keep personal and close to your own heart.
Before we get onto the projects, I have a few other product introductions. Our Mat Stack dies are among our most popular products and this month we are beginning a new series geared towards them. Each month we will be introducing both a "Layerz" and "Mega" versions of the Mat Stacks. The "Layerz" version is approximately 1/8" of an inch larger all the way around, making it the perfect scale to mat the existing Mat Stack 1 shape. The "Mega" version is blown-up to be A2 card cover size and not necessarily used as a mat for anything. Just a fun super-sized way to jazz up your projects.
This month we are kicking things off with Mat stack 1. This shape is basic enough that it can be used on nearly everything, but has more personality than a standard oval. You will love all the options that are available to you with these new sizes.
- Both the Layerz & Mega Mat Stack 1 dies will be available for sale on August 15th.
- The Layerz Mega Mat Stack 1 die will retail for $9.
- The Mega Mat Stack 1 die will retail for $12.
- The Layerz Mega Mat Stack 1 die measures 3-1/2" x 2-1/2". The Mega Mat Stack 1 die measures 5" x 3-3/4".
We've shown you the Mehndi Medallion impression plate a few times over the course of the past week and today I get the opportunity to formally introduce it to you. The Mehndi Impression Plate has a sinlge large medallion on one side and multiple smaller medallions on the other. The detail is amazing and you will love incorporating these patterns onto a variety of projects.
- The Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate will be available for sale on August 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- The double-sided Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate measures 5-3/4" x 4-1/2".
We also have a new patterned paper collection by Heather Nichols, perfect for all of your fall projects.
This amazing collection of fall themed papers is full of texture, color and beauty. You will love incorporating these stunning patterns into all of your fall themed projects. This collection coordinates with Ripe Avocado, Terracotta Tile, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Melon Berry & Fine Linen.
- The Fall Prints & Patterns paper pad will be available for sale on August 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- The Fall Prints & Patterns paper pad includes 36 (8×8) sheets, 6 sheets each of 6 patterns.
- This collection coordinates with Ripe Avocado, Terracotta Tile, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, Melon Berry & Fine Linen.
Let me show you a few of my creations with these amazing new products!
To decorate the cover I used the outlined leaf from Harvest Berries stamped in Ripe Avocado and colored with a YG93 marker. I cut Sweet Blush cardstock with the previously released In Bloom die and stamped the coordinating image with VersaMark and heat embossed it with White Filigree Embossing Powder. I used a R24 Copic marker on the center of the flower and flicked the edges with a R22 marker. I die-cut Flower Fusion #7 from Harvest Gold cardstock and stamped with the coordinating image in Summer Sunrise. I colored a clear rhinestone with a YR18 for the center. The beautiful Gratitude Journal title was added in True Black.
I die-cut ten Seed Packets from Aqua Mist cardstock and cut off the rounded the flaps. The "pages" are adhered together by putting Scor-tape onto the OUTSIDE of the bottom flap and adhering it to the following packet.
Each of them are stamped with the number medallions from Gratitude Journal using Orange Zest. I then stamped the small solid flower from Flower Fusion #7 on top of the number using Summer Sunrise ink.
the tags are created with blocks of Kraft cardstock. They are stamped with the journal lines from Gratitude Journal using Fresh Snow ink. The "So Blessed Because…" sentiment was added with True Black ink.
Each of the interior pages feature similar finishing details. The title blocks were created by stamping the Label Basics frame with Berry Sorbet ink onto Sweet Blush cardstock, one end trimmed with pinking shears. Various sentiments from Gratitude Journal are added to each of the blocks using True Black ink.
The fantastic thing about Gratitude Journal is that the images & sentiments in the set can be used for thank you cards and lots of other applications. This card has a simple enough design that it could be applied to any of the sentiments from this set.
I cut a 2-1/2" block of Simply Chartreuse cardstock to begin building my focal point. I die-cut a Parisian Doily from Hawaiian Shores cardstock and cut it into quarters. I adhered one quarter of the doily to the corner of the Simply Chartreuse block. I cut a strip of Smokey Shadow cardstock and stamped the sentiment in VersaMark then embossed it with White Filigree Embossing powder.
I die-cut the original Mat Stack 1 from a strip of green leaf paper from the new Fall Prints & Patterns paper pad and adhered the Ripe Avocado frame around it's perimeter
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
I hope you have enjoyed the projects that myself and the rest of the team shared with you today. Life is pretty amazing and I am glad we were able to show you some ways to savor it. This set is beautifully done and really holds so many possibilities. What are your initial thoughts of this set? What types of projects do you think you might create with it? We would love to hear your thoughts! You could have the opportunity to win an amazing prize package just for leaving a comment here today! Here's what's up for grabs!
- Gratitude Journal stamp set
- Journal Tabs die collection
- Mat Stack 1 die
- Layerz Mat Stack 1 die
- Mega Mat Stack 1 die
- Button Card die Collection
- Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger stamp set
- Library Card stamp set
- Inside & Out: Thank You stamp set
- Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate
You have until 11:30pm EST, tonight, Sunday, August 14th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our August 2011 Release Winners page no later than midnight EST tonight. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
Melissa Bickford has inspiration using her new Flower Fusion #7 set.
Maile Belles is showcasing two new sets, Background Basics: Houndstooth & Autumn Acorns.
- STAMPS: Gratitude Journal, Harvest Berries, Flower Fusion #7 (available August 15th) Angled Labels, In Bloom
- INK: Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise, True Black, Orange Zest, Berry Sorbet, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Kraft, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, Sweet Blush
- OTHER: Journal Tab die collection, Seed Packet die, Flower Fusion #7 die, In Bloom die collection, pinking shears, White Filigree Embossing Powder, Copic markers (YR18, YG93, R24, R22), rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), 1/4" Scor-tape
- FINISHED SIZE: 4" x 2.5"
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS CARD
- STAMPS: Gratitude Journal (available August 15th) Inside & Out: Thank You
- INK: VersaMark, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow
- OTHER: Parisian Doily die, White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
GIVE THANKS CARD
- STAMPS: Gratitude Journal (available August 15th), Inside & Out: Thank You
- INK: Fresh Snow, Ocean Tides, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, Kraft, Fall Prints & Patterns
- OTHER: Mat Stack 1 die, Layerz Mat Stack 1 die, Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate
- FINISHED SIZE: 5.5" x 5.5"