I have some very exciting products to show you today! Some things that you all will truly fall in love with as much as I have!
You can make your own vintage postage by pairing up images with the new postage die. There are several different varieties of cancellation postmarks that can be added and layered with the other vintage stamps. You can customize them date with the month & number stamps. And we can't forget all of the vintage-style labels and accent phrases that would typically be found on envelopes that had processed through the post office long ago. With over 70 images, there is definitely lots to experiment with!
- Postmarks will be available for sale on March 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Postmarks contains a total of 71 stamps (7 cancellation stamp circles, 1 cancellation stamp lines stamp, 7 labels, 1 postage frame, 1 postage border, 2 postage rate stamps, 12 month abbreviations, numbers 0-9, 1 air mail border, 1 set of air mail wings, 15 tiny accent images for postage & cancellation, 5 additional companion images and 8 sentiments)
- The postage stamp frame & border both coordinate with the new Postage Die, which will be available for purchase separately for $3. The die measures 1" x 3/4".
As another companion die for our vintage mail line-up, a little something that will allow you to create miniature envelopes for your card covers, scrapbook pages and more. With all of the fun labels and such in the Postmarks stamp set, you can adorn the completed envelope in a variety of ways.
- The Tiny Envelope Die will be available for sale on March 15th.
- It will retail for $12.
- The Tiny Envelope Die measures 4-1/4" x 6" (creates an envelope measuring 3" x 1-3/4").
Heather Nichols has designed a simply wonderful patterned paper collection to go along with the vintage mail theme!
This fabulous set of patterned papers was created with scans of actual vintage postcards for a wonderfully authentic feel. A mixture of vibrant blues and soft creams creates a beautiful combination that you will want to use over and over again. Contains the colors Enchanted Evening, Smokey Shadow, and Fine Linen.
- The Postmarks Patterned Paper Collection will be available for sale on March 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- The Postmarks Patterned Paper Collection contains a total of 36 (8×8) sheets, 6 sheets each of 6 patterns.
- This collection contains the colors Enchanted Evening, Smokey Shadow, and Fine Linen.
Next, another stamp set concept that was brought to us by Michelle Wooderson. So many of us love the look of the old vintage labels that used to be readily available in stationery stores. Now, with the concepts of Michelle, I have brought these labels back to life and created every tool and detail you need to recreate your own labels in any color you choose. An amazing basic that no one can live without!
- Label Basics will be available for sale on March 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Label Basics contains a total of 11 stamps (2 circle labels, 3 rectangular labels, 5 angled labels and 1 double line border)
- The largest rectangle label measures 3-1/4" wide and 2-1/8" tall. The smallest rectangle measures 2-3/4" wide and 9/16" tall. The largest angled label measures 2-3/4" wide and 2-1/8" tall. The smallest angled label measures 1-9/16" wide and 7/16" tall. The largest circle label measures 1-3/4 in diameter. The smallest circle label measures 1-3/16" in diameter.
- The rectangular labels coordinate with the Rectangular Labels die collection. The angled labels coordinate with the Angled Labels die collection. The large circle label coordinates with the Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle die collection. The small circle label coordinates with a 1-1/4" circle punch.
There are two die collections to go along with the Label Basics stamp set.
- The Rectangular Labels Die Collection will be available for sale on March 15th.
- The set of 3 labels will retail for $12.
- The Rectangular Labels Die Collection contains a total of 3 dies. Their measurements are: 3-1/2" x 2-1/4" (A), 2-1/2" x 1-1/2" (B), 3" x 1/2" (C).
- The Angled Labels Die Collection will be available for sale on March 15th.
- The set of 5 labels will retail for $14.
- The Angled Labels Die Collection contains a total of 5 dies. Their measurements are: 2-3/4" x 2-1/4" (A), 2" x 1-1/2" (B), 2-1/2" x 1" (C), 2-1/2" x 3/4" (D), 1-1/2" x 1/2" (E)
With all of these new goodies, I can hardly wait to show you a few of my creations.
Notice the incredible detail in both the Postage Die and the postage frame image from the Postmarks stamp set. The center of the stamp is open, allowing you to interchange it with nearly a dozen different image options.
the cancellation image is broken down into two parts, with the circle being separate from the lines. there are several different circles to interchange and you have the flexibility of adding the lines on either side of the circle image, depending on what works best for your layout. The center of the cancellation circles is open as well. You can add your own custom date or one of the small images that also fits within the postage frame.
There are all kinds of fun labels, arrows and more that you can interchange with each other and layer to create wonderful mini collages, like this one. Notice the "band" around the center? That was created with two Angled Labels, stamped with the polka dot Ribbon Tails image, then wrapped with a bit of twine!
I die-cut two Flower Fusion #2 blooms, stamped them with the polka-dots from Bitty Background Blocks and crumpled them up a bit. After layering them, I added a few pearls to the center. I also accented the flower with a small Turning a New Leaf die.
The background features a bit of Pacific Vineyard patterned paper and a Kraft piece stamped with Year of Flowers: Roses. I created an accent strip down the middle of the cover using Background Basics: Gingham. I tucked a little "note" into the envelope that is cut from the Postmarks patterned paper pack and stamped with a few images from Postmarks.
I first stamped the postage border image three times using Terracotta Tile ink, then adding the postage frame to the center of each border using Summer Sunrise ink. Finally, I added small accent images from the set to the centers of the postage using Terracotta Tile ink once again. The cancellation image was added with Smokey Shadow ink. Note how I was able to customize the center with today's date!
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
I hope you have enjoyed all of the inspiration that the team has provided you with today. These stamp sets are right on trend yet have a classic look that will carry through for years to come. We would love to hear your initial thoughts on these sets. Leave a comment today and you could have a chance at winning an amazing prize package.
- Postmarks stamp set
- Postage die
- Postmarks patterned paper pad
- Label Basics stamp set
- Rectangular Labels die collection
- Angled Labels die collection
- Tiny Envelope die
You have until 7am EST, Monday, March 14th to leave your comment to be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our March 2011 Release Winners page no later than noon EST the same day. Thanks for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!
Melissa Bickford has more to share with you today using Sending You & Flower Fusion #2!
Maile Belles has a separate post showcasing Modern Basics today.
1ST CLASS MAIL CARD
- STAMPS: Postmarks, Label Basics, Ribbon Tails (available March 15th)
- INK: Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides, True Black, Spring Moss
- PAPER: Rustic white, Kraft, Ocean Tides
- OTHER: Postage die, Angled Labels die collection, Rectangular Labels die collection
- FINISHED SIZE: 3.75" x 5.5"
VINTAGE ENVELOPE CARD
- STAMPS: Postmarks, Background Basics: Gingham (available March 15th), Bitty Background Blocks, Year of Flowers: Roses
- INK: Hibiscus Burst, Smokey Shadow, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Sweet Blush, Postmarks patterned paper pad, Pacific Vineyard patterned paper pad
- OTHER: Angled Labels die collection, Rectangular Labels die collection, Tiny Envelope die, Flower Fusion #2 die, Turning a New Leaf die, adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft), pinking shears
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
SIMPLE POSTAGE CARD
- STAMPS: Postmarks (available March 15th)
- INK: Terracotta Tile, Summer Sunrise, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"