Welcome to Day 9 of our 4th Anniversary festivities! I'm so pleased to see you back here so I can share with you all the excitement we have in store!
Michelle Wooderson has done it again and developed some amazing ideas and sketches for even MORE fillers for your favorite little Friendship Jar!
- Friendship Jar Spring Fillers will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Friendship Jar Spring Fillers contains a total of 38 stamps (1 large tulip/crocus bouquet, 1 twine image, 5 additional full-size jar fillers, 7 individual small jar fillers, 14 label sentiments, 10 tiny conversation heart sentiments)
- This set coordinates with the original Friendship Jar stamp set.
This Edgers #2 Die Collection is inspired by some lace edged card templates that Dawn designed for Color Couture a few month's back. She redesigned them and altered them to adapt to our new Edgers die collection. You'll love the results you can achieve with these beautifully detailed dies! I don't have a project utilizing these today, but you have already seen them highlighted by a few of the DT members as well as Dawn herself.
- The Edgers #2 Die Collection will be available for sale on February 15th.
- The set of two dies will retail for $14.
- The Edgers #2 Die Collection contains two dies, one for the edge of horizontally oriented A2 card (with the die measuring 5-1/2" wide) and a second one for a vertically oriented A2 card(with the die measuring 4-1/4" wide).
- Do you remember reading about the Punch-Out Tool for the Parisian Lace Doily Die yesterday, HERE? Well, we have also had one made for the Edgers #2 die collection. The Edgers #2 Punch-Out Tool will work in both the 4-1/4" & 5-1/2" dies. The tool will retail separately for $6.
Now, let me show you a few fun projects using these goodies!
I stamped this new three-in-a-row image inside the die cut jar. I colored the flowers with Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate & Ripe Avocado Copic Trios. I followed up with a bit of T1 to add shadows and then used the colorless blender to add the polka dots in the centers of the flowers.
I die-cut white cardstock with the swatch die form the Button Card Die Collection then stamped it with the gingham (again!) from Bitty Background Blocks using Ripe avocado ink. After stitching the swatch into place, I added a few Harvest Gold buttons as an extra detail.
I was rummaging through my fabric cabinet the other day and stumbled across some old blue jeans of Davids that he had donated to my scrap pile. I ripped a strip of the denim to use in place of ribbon on my card. I'll definitely be doing this again!
I did something a bit unique with this jar, and I'm thrilled with the results. I stamped the jar and individual robin eggs with Dark Chocolate ink onto Fine Linen cardstock. I then sponged Fresh Snow ink throughout the inside of the jar. I then followed up with Aqua Mist ink and sponged that just on the robin eggs. To finish them up and make them look a bit more real, I dabbed the tip of a q-tip in Chai tea dye duo ink and dabbed it lightly onto some of the spots on the eggs. It really makes the jar pop even though it's only one layer.
Fillable Frames #9 was die cut from old book print and stamped with Birds of a Feather in Dark Chocolate. I sponged Aqua Mist ink onto the end of the tag and then stamped the sentiment in True Black. It's tied in place with a bit of Rustic Cream Button Twine and an Aqua Mist button.
All those details can be fun to play around with and stretch your creativity, but sometimes you might crave a clean & simple card design. Friendship Jar Spring Fillers can be adaptable to this style as well.
I stamped the large tulip bouquet (which could also be interpreted as crocuses, depending on how you color them)and jar image with Fresh Snow ink onto Royal Velvet cardstock. I love the way the white pops on this new cardstock color! In LOVE! After stamping, I embossed a frame around the bouquet using my Scor-Pal.
The sentiment (from YOF: Mums) is stamped in True Black on vellum cardstock. I adhered a strip of Simply Chartreuse cardstock underneath the velum strip to hide the Scor-tape I used to adhere the vellum down.
Today is a fun puzzler, to give you all a bit of a break from the stamping challenges! Look carefully at the photo below and guess how many conversation hearts are in the jar! This is a 24 oz. Ball Canning Jar. It measures about 6-3/4" tall and 3-1/2" in diameter. Leave your comment below with your guess to have a chance to win an amazing Friendship Jar Prize Package!
- Friendship Jar stamp set
- Friendship Jar Fillers stamp set
- Friendship Jar Fall Fillers stamp set
- Friendship Jar Winter Fillers stamp set
- Friendship Jar Spring Fillers stamp set
- Jar & Lid die collection
- Jar Toppers die
- Jar Label die
- Edgers #2 dies
- Leave a comment here letting us know what your guess is as to how many conversation hearts are in the jar!
- You have until 7am EST, Monday, February 14th to add your comment to this post and qualify for the contest. (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post)
- Only one guess permitted per person.
- One randomly selected winner with the correct guess (or closet to correct) will be announced on our February 2011 Release Winners page no later than noon the same day.
Michelle Wooderson has some additional projects using Friendship Jar Spring Fillers.
Heather Nichols is showcasing more projects using her new products for this month.
Melissa Bickford has more inspiration to share using Flower Fusion #1.
Dawn McVey has created more creative goodness for you using her new products as well.
- STAMPS: Friendship Jar Spring Fillers, BB: Newsprint, Bitty Background Blocks (available February 15th), Friendship Jar
- INK: Black Noir, Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Duo, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Vellum
- OTHER: Jar & Lid dies, Button Card Die Set, Harvest Gold Buttons, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate & Ripe Avocado Copic Trios (and T1 & Colorless Blender), Sakura Stardust pen, stick pin (Tim Holtz), torn strip of old denim
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
JUST ANOTE CARD
- STAMPS: Friendship Jar Spring Fillers (available February 15th), Friendship Jar, Birds of a Feather
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow, Aqua Mist, Tea Dye Duo, VersaMark
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate, Pretty Pastels Paper Pad, old book print
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #9 die, Aqua Mist button, Rustic Cream Button Twine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), lace (Offray)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
ALWAYS ON MY MIND
- STAMPS: Friendship Jar Spring Fillers (available February 15th), Friendship Jar, YOF: Mums
- INK: Black Noir, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Royal Velvet, Simply Chartreuse, Vellum
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"