Welcome back for day 6 of our 4th Anniversary festivities! Today marks the start of the "official" countdown, where I will be showcasing all of our new February products for the next five days, along with some help from the rest of the team!
Today I have an AMAZING, innovative product line to unveil…a little something that Michelle Wooderson and I have been working on together.
Several months ago, Michelle sent me sketches for a unique concept where a stamper can "build" their own vintage button cards. As soon as I lay eyes on her concepts, and was dreaming about using this set myself, I just KNEW this was something I had to help bring to life!
Button Boutique is the result of Michelle bringing her love of all things vintage together with her love of stamping.
- Button Boutique will be available for sale on February 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Button Boutique contains a total of 29 stamps (2 full-size button card frames, 4 borders, 6 decorative titles, 6 small accent sentiments, 1 stitched button divider, 4 large buttons, 3 small buttons, 2 small stitch images to use with buttons, 1 "handstamped by" image)
- These images are designed to coordinate with the Button Card Die Collection (more details below)
To complement the new Button Boutique set, we are also bringing you a fun new die collection. This set of three dies makes it easy to create authentic looking vintage button cards. The large rounded rectangle will match up perfectly with the frames & titles int he stamp set. The small "hang tag hole" can be added for more authenticity. And finally the pinked-edge "fabric swatch" is the perfect thing to add as a mat behind your buttons and more!
- The Button Card Die Collection will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- The set of three dies will retail for $10.
- The Button Card Die Collection contains three dies with the following dimensions: 2-3/8" x 3-1/2" (A), 3/4" x 1/4" (B), 1-1/2" square (C).
In addition to the above Button Card Die Collection, we are also bringing you coordinating button dies! I mean, you totally can't be creating all those adorable new button cards without having some fun, unique buttons to add into the mix! We're talking thin chipboard, felt, fabric, patterned paper…the possibilities are endless!
- Both the Buttoned Up #1 & Buttoned Up #2 dies will not be available for purchase until approximately February 18th due to some quality control issues. This is only a estimated arrival, so they could possibly arrive sooner or later than this estimated date. We will be sure to keep you posted.
- The Buttoned Up #1 Die & Buttoned Up #2 Die will retail for $5 individually.
- The Buttoned Up #1 Die creates three standard buttons with a single cut measuring 1", 3/4" & 1/2".
- The Buttoned Up #1 Die coordinates with the all 7 of the button images in the new Button Boutique stamp set.
- The Buttoned Up #2 Die creates three scalloped-edge buttons with a single cut measuring 1", 3/4" & 1/2".
Now, what fun would it be if you couldn't die-cut heavy-duty button cards for use as mini-book covers or sturdy gift tags? And who would want to diminish their creativity by not creating their very own buttons with dimension and pizzaz?
All of these things are possible with a new light-weight, die-cuttable coaster-board we will now be carrying! After endless amounts of researching, testing and more testing, we have found the PERFECT coaster-board that will work seamlessly with nearly all of our dies! Think of coaster-board buttons covered with pretty patterned papers! And the best part? It is already a beautiful cream color, ready to be stamped!
- Papertrey Coasters will be available for sale on February 15th.
- One package will retail for $1.
- A single package contains (25) Vintage Cream 4-inch square coasters.
- This coasterboard is approximately 1/16" thick, with the perfect balance of softness & sturdiness to work with the majority of our dies. (Some dies with several small, detailed interior cuts may not give you optimum results)
I have one additional stamp set to introduce to you today as well. When I was experimenting with how I would want to use the button cards and button die shapes, I discovered that it would be so much fun to have smaller scaled background patterns with them. Specifically adding patterns to the buttons themselves as well as the "pinked-edge fabric swatch" shape from the Button Card Die Collection.
This is how the new Bitty Background Blocks stamp set came to be! It contains six 1-1/2" square small-scale pattern swatches. You will love how versatile this little set can be, even beyond buttons!
- Bitty Background Blocks will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Bitty Background Blocks contains a total of six 1-1/2" square pattern swatches.
- These blocks will coordinate with the "pinked-edge fabric swatch" die from the Button Card Die Collection.
- They will also work well with the new Buttoned Up Dies.
Well, I definitely think that that's enough new stuff for one day! Let's get onto the projects!
Many of you have probably been dabbling in the latest craze, just like me, making flower pins. hair clips, headbands and the like. I know I like to package them up as gifts for people, but it can be a little time consuming (not to mention daunting) to create something that looks really sophisticated and polished. Button Boutique provides THE perfect solution for these!
The smaller fabric flower was adhered to a hair clip using a hot glue gun. I also attached a handmade button to the center. I die-cut with the Buttoned Up #2 die from our new Coasters and then stamped it with a coordinating stamp from Button Boutique using Berry Sorbet ink.
For the felt flower pin, I created a special button by stamping one of the larger Coaster buttons I die-cut earlier with this beautiful pattern from Bitty Background Blocks. (It is a miniature version of In Bloom!)
The button card for the hair clip was SO easy! I just die cut the Button Card from one of our Coasters and stamped it with the frame using Terracotta Tile ink. It's all one big image, so it is really just one quick step!
The swatch was created by die-cutting Vintage Cream cardstock with the pinked-edge fabric swatch die from the Button Card die collection. I then was able to easily stamp it with the gingham pattern from Bitty Background Blocks.
You might have noted that I used the hang tag hole die along with the button card this time. I didn't add it to the Hair Clip card because it would have obstructed the design at the top of the frame stamp, but in this particular case, it worked out perfectly!
I found the easiest way to use it was put THREE glue dots on the back of the tiny die and adhere it directly to the button card die. Be sure to use three glue dots to avoid shifting. Then after you die cut you card, you can remove it if you wish so you can use it without the hole again.
My next project is inspired by a BEAUTIFUL book I picked up recently. It is entitled French General Treasured Notions by Kaari Meng (and quite honestly ALL books from Kaari are amazingly stunning). It contains beautiful photography of different types of vintage notions and crafts to create with them, including fun button projects. In fact, I used this book as a bit of a inspiration while I was designing Button Boutique as well.
This time I die-cut the button card from Ocean Tides cardstock, with the hang tag hole portion glue-dotted in place. I stamped the frame followed by the "Superior Quality" banner at the bottom then finished with the small "Made in USA Papertrey Ink" at the very bottom. I also added the "25-cents" border at the top. All of this was stamped in Fresh Snow.
I die-cut a pice of muslin fabric with the pinked edge fabric swatch die from the Button Card Collection. I then stamped the fabric with one of the patterns from Bitty Background Blocks. Isn't it just stunning! I know I'll be using this concept a lot! This swatch was layered over a strip of vintage book print. Buttons were stitched on top, two die-cut from coasters and covered with patterned paper, the other two are Vintage Cream buttons.
I hope you enjoyed what I created today! Now you're in for a REAL treat! The Design Team has also created some amazing projects using these new supplies! Be prepared for the ultimate dose of inspiration!
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Jessica Witty.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
Aren't all of their creations just BEYOND amazing. I don't know about you, but it leaves me feeling very button-happy!
- Make a project using buttons in a creative way (only one entry per person please)
- Upload a photo of your project to you blog, online gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add the direct link to your project on our Inlinkz list……>HERE<……
- You have until 7am EST, Friday, February 11th to add your link and qualify for the contest.
- And/or you can leave a comment here letting us know what you think about all the new products announced today!
- You have until 7am EST, Friday, February 11th to add your comment to this post and qualify for the contest. (Just click the small "comments" link in blue beside the date in the footer of this post
- Button Boutique stamp set
- Button Card die collection
- Buttoned Up #1 die
- Buttoned Up #2 die
- Bitty Background Blocks stamp set
- 30 (that's THIRTY, folks!) bags of Vintage Buttons, 1 of each color we carry!
- This contest will end at 7am EST, Friday, February 11th.
- Only one comment per person and/or one link per person (for a total of up to two entries per person)
- One randomly selected winner will be announced no later than noon EST that day on our February 2011 Release Winners Page.
Melissa Bickford is debuting her new set, Flower Fusion #1, today!
Heather Nichols is featuring several of her new products as well!
Dawn McVey has a second post today introducing you to ALL the amazing things she's bringing you this month!
- STAMPS: Button Boutique, Bitty Background Blocks (available February 15th)
- INK: Terracotta Tile, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Papertrey Coasters
- OTHER: Button Card die collection, Buttoned Up #2 die, 1/8" silk ribbon, Beautiful Blooms dies, hair clip, pin back, hot glue gun, Papertrey Coasters
- FINISHED SIZE: 2-3/8" x 3-1/2" each
ALWAYS WITH YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Button Boutique, Bitty Background Blocks (available February 15th), Love Lives Here
- INK: Fresh Snow, True Black, Ocean Tides, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides, Library Ledger Paper Collection
- OTHER: Button Card die collection, Buttoned Up #1 die, Love Live Here die, Mat Stack 4 die, muslin fabric, Papertrey Coasters, Vintage Cream buttons, floss (DMC), sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"