Today marks the beginning of an exciting, fun-filled release here at Papertrey Ink! I'm thrilled to kick things off with another fantastic stamp set designed by Melissa Bickford!
If you are anything like me and still have children at home, you always have a desires to reward your kids for achievements, good deeds and other things they do that should be celebrated. A little pat on the back as well as positive encouragement can go SO far in molding the little people in our lives into good citizens in the future. Melissa's new set, Way to Go, Kiddo! was designed to allow you to do just that. With fun little images and perfectly phrased sentiments, you can easily pull this set out and create notes that will let your kids know that you value them and the effort they put into all of their achievements!
- Way to Go, Kiddo! will be available for sale on January 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Way to Go, Kiddo! includes a total of 26 stamps (1 whimsical tree, 2 flower grouping images, 2 single flowers, 1 mushroom trio, 3 single mushrooms, 1 caterpillar, 2 snails, 2 lady bugs, 1 journaling line block and 11 sentiments.
I also want to introduce you to a special die that will make those little notes a little easier. The new Lunchbox Note Die will not only prove useful with this set, but almost any other set you can imagine. And obviously, it's not just for lunchbox notes either! The clever little flap that allows you to tuck together this tri-fold card, coordinates with all of out 1.75" images as well as the Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle Die Collection. The possibilities are truly endless!
- The Lunchbox Note Die will be available for sale on January 15th.
- It will retail for $12.
- The overall Lunchbox Note Die measures 2-1/2" x 6-1/2", creating a finished tri-fold note that measures 2-1/2" square.
Now, let's get onto some super fun projects!
I trimmed down a piece of white cardstock to start, stamping the journaling lines image from the set in Smokey Shadow at the bottom of the block. I then added the tree in Dark Chocolate and the caterpillar in Black Noir Palette.
As I mentioned earlier in this post, the "flap" of this tri-fold card coordinates well with the 1.75" circle. I used that size and shape as the basis for my focal point. I stamped the journaling block first in Sweet Blush ink, then added the ladybugs in Raspberry Fizz.
The sentiment was added with True Black ink. I also stamped the entire Raspberry Fizz base with Polka Dot Basics II using Fresh snow ink. A bit of True Black Gingham Ribbon was layered underneath the focal point to help bring the black used on the sentiment.
I thought the previously released Spiral Notebook Page die would coordinate well with this set. The focal point uses the mushroom trio image, stamped in Dark Chocolate. I added a bit of color to them using the Aqua Mist Copic Trio. I added a few glitter accents using my 2-way Glue Pen and Prisma Glitter.
I hope you enjoyed all of the creative goodness contained in today's post! This stamp set and die were SO incredibly fun to work with! I will really enjoy using the different components to show support and encouragement to my kids over the coming years! I think the projects I create for them will be wonderful little memories that they can revisit often, always knowing that there is someone who is very proud of them and all that they do!
What are your first impressions of this set and die? Do you have any little ones, whether they be your own children, grandchildren or students, that you think would benefit from receiving little projects like this? What do you think you would use this set for? We would love to hear from you! We have a fantastic prize package up for grabs that you could have a shot at winning just for sharing your thoughts with us!
- Way to Go, Kiddo! stamp set
- School Time stamp set
- School Time Additions stamp set
- Lunchbox Note die
- Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle die collection
You have until 7am EST, Tuesday, January 11th to leave your comment and have a chance to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our January 2011 Release Winners page no later than noon EST. Thanks for stopping by today and good luck!
Betsy Veldman is featuring additional projects using Way to Go, Kiddo! today.
Melissa Bickford herself also used the new set to create some inspiration for you.
Heather Nichols has some projects today using her new sets, Simple Sentiments & Fillable Frames #12.
Beth Silaika is showcasing her new set, Inside & Out: Birthday.
Dawn McVey has a little something using new products she designed for this month.
GREAT KID CARD
- STAMPS: Way to Go, Kiddo! (available January 15th), Polka Dot Basics
- INK: Black Noir Palette, Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, Orange Zest
- OTHER: Double Ended Banner die, clear rhinestones (KaiserCraft), Summer Sunrise Copic Trio, T1 & Colorless Blender, foam dimensionals, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
DOODLEBUG LUNCHBOX NOTE
- STAMPS: Way to Go, Kiddo! (available January 15th), Polka Dot Basics II
- INK: Black Noir Palette, Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz
- OTHER: Lunchbox Note die, True Black Gingham Ribbon, 1.75" Circle Punch, 2-way Glue Pen, Prisma Glitter
- FINISHED SIZE: 2-1/2" x 2-1/2""
WAY TO GO, KIDDO CARD
- STAMPS: Way to Go, Kiddo! (available January 15th)
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Versamark, True Black, Tea Dye Duo, Vintage Cream
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Ocean Tides
- OTHER: Notebook Page Die, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Aqua Mist Copics
- FINISHED SIZE: 3-1/4" x 4"