Here we are on Day 3 of the January Countdown and we still have SO many exciting things to share with you. There are TWO posts today, so be sure to scroll down so you don't miss a single thing!
First, the last stamp set to complete the Year of Flowers series… an ode to January's birth flower, the carnation. I feel as though I was able to capture the delicate ruffled edges that grace the petals of this popular flower with the images in this set. All of the layers of each bloom provide depth and dimension that will bring so much beauty to your projects!
- Year of Flowers: Carnations will be available for sale on January 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Year of Flowers: Carnations contains a total of 6 stamps (1 large carnation, 1 small carnation and 4 sentiments)
Next, a new sentiment set designed by Melissa Bickford. This compilation of thoughtful phrases is dedicated to feel better wishes, something I know that my personal stamp collection has been lacking until now. The beautiful font combination paired with the timelessness of the sentiments is something that no stamper should be without!
- Healing Touch Sentiments will be available for purchase on January 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Healing Touch Sentiments contains a total of 19 sentiments.
In addition to these two fabulous stamp sets, I also have a new die collection to introduce to you today. With the popularity of our previously released Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle Collection, we thought we would bring you the second addition that's even BIGGER and better. This new collection starts with a base circle featuring a 2.5" diameter. It then has 4 decorative mats to coordinate with it. You will love this new size as well as the new possibilities it holds.
- The Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection will be available for sale on January 15th.
- The set of 5 large dies will retail for $32.
- The Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection contains a total of 5 dies. A standard circle that measures 2.5" in diameter and 4 decorative mats that measure approximately 3-1/4" in diameter.
Let me show you a few creations that I made using these amazing new products!
Have any of you received the new spring Boden catalog in the mail yet? I got mine yesterday and as I was flipping through the pages, I couldn't help but be inspired. With each of my projects today I thought I would share my inspiration!
I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock with the standard circle from the new Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection. I just LOVE this new size and the large canvas it provides. I stamped the smaller carnation from Year of Flowers: Carnations using Smokey Shadow ink and colored it with Melon Berry Copics. I was really happy with the softness I was able to achieve by stamping the image in gray.
I started by heat embossing the small carnation a few times on a Hawaiian Shores card front with White Filigree Embossing Powder. I stamped the large carnation on Blueberry Sky cardstock with True Black ink and trimmed it out carefully with scissors. The leaves (from Turning a New Leaf) were stamped with VersaMark ink onto New Leaf cardstock and cut out with scissors.
I added a row of text at the bottom of the Hawaiian Shores layer using Text Style II and VersaMark ink. The sentiment (from Healing Touch Sentiments) was stamped on a strip of white cardstock with True Black ink and tucked under the edge of the carnation.
For the sentiment block, I die-cut the standard circle & scalloped circle from the Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle Die Collection using Kraft carstock. The standard circle was stamped with Background Basics: Sheet Music using VersaMark ink followed by another sentiment from Healing Touch Sentiments in Dark Chocolate. I inked around the edge with Fresh Snow to help define the standard circle from the scalloped layer.
This dress from the catalog served as my inspiration. I loved the grays teamed up with a pop of bright pink. To translate this scheme to my project I ended up using Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow and Raspberry Fizz.
It all started with stamping a background with the carnations on Soft Stone cardstock. I then colored them all in with the darkest Raspberry Fizz Copic, no special shading, just solid color. After completing the coloring, I ran the cardstock through my Big Shot with the Woodgrain Impression Plate.
For the sentiment strip, I cut one edge with the new Edgers #1 Die then stamped it with one of the heartwarming sentiments from Healing Touch Sentiments using Fresh Snow. I like how the ink almost appears a soft gray color on the Smokey Shadow cardstock, coordinating with the Soft Stone background that the carnations were stamped onto.
I hope you enjoyed all of today's creative offerings. These products are some of my very favorites from this release! What is your first impression of all of today's introductions? Do you have a favorite product or project that speaks to you? We would love to hear from you! You could have a chance to win an amazing prize package just for sharing your thoughts with us!
- Year of Flowers: Carnations stamp set
- Healing Touch Sentiments stamp set
- Limitless Layers 2.5" Circle die collection
You have until 7am EST, Thursday, January 13th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our January 2011 Release Winners page no later than noon EST. Thanks for stopping by today and good luck!
Lisa Johnson is featuring a few additional projects using these new sets.
Melissa Bickford has some inspiration to share using her new sets this month.
Heather Nichols has created a few more projects for you using the stamp sets she designed for this month!
Don't forget to scroll down below (or CLICK HERE) for a second post as well as another chance to win!
QUICK RECOVERY CARD
- STAMPS: Year of Flowers: Carnations & Healing Touch Sentiments (available January 15th), Polka Dot Basics
- INK: Fresh Snow, Smokey Shadow, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Vellum, Melon Berry
- OTHER: Limitless Layers 2.5" Die Collection, pinking shears (Fiskars), sewing machine, foam dimensionals
- FINISHED SIZE: 5" x 5"
BRIGHT & BOLD FEEL BETTER CARD
- STAMPS: Year of Flowers: Carnations & Healing Touch Sentiments (available January 15th), Background Basics: Text Style II, Turning a New Leaf
- INK: Fresh Snow, True Black, Versamark
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Blueberry Sky, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist
- OTHER: rhinestones (KaiserCraft), White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
PEACEFUL PRAYERS CARD
- STAMPS: Year of Flowers: Carnations & Healing Touch Sentiments (available January 15th), Background Basics: Sheet Music
- INK: Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate, Versamark
- PAPER: Soft Stone, Fine Linen, Kraft
- OTHER: Limitless Layers 2.5" Die Collection, White Filigree Embossing Powder, adhesive pearls (KaiserCraft), corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers), sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
WONDERFUL YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Year of Flowers: Carnations & Healing Touch Sentiments (available January 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Noir Black
- PAPER: Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow Velvet Ribbon, Raspberry Fizz Buttons, embroidery floss, Edgers #1 Die, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Raspberry Fizz Copics
- OTHER: Limitless Layers 2.5" Die Collection
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"