Tonight is truly the biggest and most exciting night of the release! Myself along with the rest of the team have been beside ourselves waiting to showcase all of today's products and projects! I am so glad the day has finally arrived!
Today I get to introduce you to our new Banner Builder Collection. There are several aspects to the collection which I will go into greater detail below. Essentially, the collection gives you the opportunity to create an amazing array of banners, both miniature for card fronts and scrapbook layouts as well as full size for home decor. We won't even begin to be able to touch upon all the possibilities in today's post, but I hope you will at least glean a greater understanding of the collection and how incredible it is!
First up is the stamp set that started it all. It is a collection of different card-scaled banner building options. Here is a run-down of the different pieces it includes…
- 3 different shapes of pennant flags, each in 6 patterns. That's 18 pennant flags total!
- 2 banner "strings" to attach the pennant flags to. One measures 4-7/8" long for horizontal A2 cards and the other measures 3-7/8" for horizontal A2 cards.
- 1 small "x" stitch to connect the flags to the strings if desired
- 4 circular medallions that coordinate with a 1/2" circle punch. Looks wonderful layered on the pennant flags.
- numbers 0-9 to coordinate with the centers of the medallions.
- 2 ribbon accents to use at the top/side of all the flags, or turn the medallions into award-style ribbons.
- 4 narrow flags.
- 1 flag stick.
- 2 borders to coordinate with the new Double Ended Banner die shapes.
- 2 solid stars to embellish with.
Just to help you out with the math, that's a total of 46 images! Here are the rest of the details on the set!
- Banner Builder stamp set will be available for sale on November 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
A coordinating Banner Builder Die Collection will also be available for purchase separately. The set includes a total of 7 dies. It includes dies for all three pennant flag shapes as well as perfectly scaled mat layers for them. It also includes a banner border die that can be used to layer along the top of the pennant flags. The wonderful thing about this collection is that I designed it so that it was easy to use it with the stamp set or without, giving you SO many options!
- The Banner Builder Die Collection will be available for purchase on November 15th.
- It will retail for $22. Normally, these dies would retail for $5-$6 each, making the collection nearly a $40 value, but we are permanently offering a collection discount of nearly 50% off!
- It contains a total of 7 dies. There sizes are as follows: 2" x 1" (A), 2-3/8" x 1-1/4" (B), 3" x 1" (C&E), 3-1/2" x 1-1/4" (D&F), 1" x 1-1/2" (G).
- Each of the pennant flag dies cuts three flags at once, making it quick & easy to get all of the elements of your project prepared!
A second coordinating die, Double Ended Banners, is one of my new favorites. There haven't been many projects that I have done so far for this release that don't use one of them. They coordinate perfectly with two borders included in the stamp set, but they look fabulous alone as well! And you should see them cut from felt! *swoon*
- The Double Ended Banner die will be available for sale on November 15th.
- The single die (containing both banners) will retail for $7.
- The Double Ended Banner die features two sizes of banners: 4-1/2" x 1/2" (large), 3-1/2" x 1/2" (small)
Now that I have filled you in on all the card-scaled products, let's get to one of the most exciting aspects, the full-size banner elements,allowing you to make home & party decor in no time flat!
It all starts with the actual banners. We are offering two different shapes of full-size banners.
These are the basic, classic pennant flag shape. It is great for birthdays, child name banners, sports themes and just about anything else you can imagine!
- The Basic Banners Dies will be available for sale on November 15th.
- The set of two extra-large dies will retail for $18.
- The Basic Banners Dies measure as follows: 3-1/2" x 3-1/4" (A), 4-1/4" x 3-3/4" (B)
This is a more untraditional shape that reminds me of a more vintage style. It has more "working space" to embellish, which can be a huge advantage.
- The Boxy Banners Dies will be available for sale on November 15th.
- The set of two extra-large dies will retail for $23.
- The Basic Banners Dies measure as follows: 4-1/2" x 3-1/2" (A), 5-1/4" x 3-3/4" (B)
I designed all of these full-size banner dies to fit within the parameters of a 1/4 sheet of cardstock (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") so that you can get four flags per sheet. With each set you get the actual pennant flag die as well as a coordinating mat die, making it easy to create perfectly cut layers and attain a substantial, durable base for your embellishments.
Speaking of embellishments, I can't forget to introduce you to the Banner Borders die! All five of these border patterns coordinate perfectly with the length of the top edge of the full-size banner dies above. This die paired with the full-size banner dies gives you all the tools you need to make sophisticated, polished banners in no time flat.
- The Banner Borders Die will be available for sale on November 15th.
- This single die featuring 5 borders will retail for $15
- The single die contains all 5 borders, with each border measuring approximately 3-3/4" wide and 3/4"-1" tall.
- The 3-3/4" width is PERFECT for layering onto vertical A2 card mats, focal point accents, etc…, giving you even more versatility.
I know the cost of the dies may seem a bit overwhelming to some, since most of our dies retail anywhere from $5 to $15. But this is the way I look at it… I easily spend over $25 on individual home decor items at a retail store, especially at Target (my weakness!) for their holiday items. With these dies, you can endlessly create your own decor over and over again for parties, holidays and gifts. With just a small handful of uses, you will more than recoup their value!
One last note in regards to the full-size banners in general… I thought for a long time if these particular products would find a niche in the industry. And I kept coming back to the same fact time and time again…
Paper crafters are almost always making things for others. Cards, gifts, etc…a lot of which (unfortunately) isn't as appreciated nearly as much as it should be. Why not make a change and begin making art, like these banners, that can endure time as something YOU can enjoy in your own home. You can celebrate your abilities everyday as you walk by your work of heart!
Now, enough of my rambling! Let's get onto the projects!
My first project shows hoy you can create something that looks detailed and intricate with only a few easy steps!
I used the Banner Builder die collection to cut felt mats and Vintage Cream cardstock pennant flags. I love how the dies afford me the ability to cut three flags out at once…it makes it so much easier!
I then adhered the stamped die cut Vintage Cream flags. Notice the variety of patterns. As I mentioned before, there are six patterns for each pennant shape and I used several of them here, stamped in Spring Moss.
I did one big line of stitching to make it look as all the banners were linked. I then added these circular medallions, complete with coordinating numbers which are all found in the Banner Builder stamp set. Aren't they fantastic? I just love 'em! I also added little black ribbon accents between the banners as well as black rhinestones.
I die cut the border from white cardstock and then stamped the various patterned pennant flags in a variety of colors. The curvature of the rounded pennant paired with the scallop is just a perfect match!
For the focal point, I die cut Aqua Mist cardstock with Mat Stack 1 then heat embossed this flourish. It is from the Mat Stack 1 Collection and I designed it to fit perfectly inside the curve radius at the top of the Mat Stack 1 shape.
I love the bright colors and how celebratory the overall design is!
I also have a beautiful Autumn themed full-size banner that I have created today for your inspriation.
I die-cut all of my pieces with the Boxy BAnners dies. Remember, as I mentioned earlier I designed all of these full-size banner dies to fit within the parameters of a 1/4 sheet of cardstock (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") so that you can get four flags per sheet.
I wanted a more rustic, vintage look from my stamps, so I impressed the paper first before stamping. Here is the difference between a flag stamped with Polka Dot Basics II with no impression plate and one with. It is an easy way to get more versatility from your solid image stamps.
I created my Lazy Stamper Medallions using the pretty plaid paper from the Autumn Abundance pad.
The center flag showcases the Mat Stack 1 die as well as a frame image from Mat Stack 1 Collection. A few snippets of ribbon are added to the top as an added detail. I used Fine Linen Grosgrain and added stripes using a Copic Marker.
(click the above photo for a larger view)
The resulting banner is something that I will definitely keep for years to come as part of our fall decor.
Now that I have showed you just the tip of the iceberg, you now have the opportunity to peruse all of the Design Team blogs to see what they have created with this amazing array of products!
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Debbie Olson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Kim Hughes.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Niki Estes.
Aren't you just in awe of what everyone has created today? It is always so amazing and inspiring to see what such a talented group of artists does with a single set of products. They manage to interject their personal style into everything they do! What do you think of all of today's introductions? Is there a particular project that piqued your interest? What types of projects do you think you would create with these new products? We would love to hear from you! You could have a chance at winning the whole Banner Builder Collection, just for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!
- Banner Builder stamp set
- Banner Builder die collection
- Double Ended Banner die
- Basic Banners dies
- Boxy Banners dies
- Banner Borders die
You have until 7am EST, Sunday, November 14th to leave a comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our November Release Winners page no later than noon EST. Thanks for stopping by today and good luck!
Alli Miles has some additional peeks at Take Three: Winter.
Lisa Johnson is showcasing even more from Larger Than Life.
Dawn McVey is featuring more projects using her Signature Series & Color Couture.
WISH BIG CARD
- STAMPS: Banner Builder (available November 15th), Fancy Flourishes, Big & Bold Wishes
- INK: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Ocean Tides, True Black, VersaMark
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss
- OTHER: Ocean Tides felt, Banner Builder die collection, 1/2" circle punch, black rhinestones (KaiserCraft), sewing machine, corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam dimensionals
- FINISHED SIZE: 7-3/4" x 4"
- STAMPS: Banner Builder, Mat Stack 1 Collection (available November 15th), Polka Dot Basics II, Say It With Style
- INK: VersaMark, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse
- PAPER: Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Large Scalloped border die, Mat Stack 1 die, Double Ended Banners die, Filigree White embossing powder, clear rhinestones (KaiserCraft), corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
- FINISHED SIZE: 6-1/2" x 4-1/4"
- STAMPS: 2009 Autumn Tags, Embellishments, Polka Dot Basics II, Turning a New Leaf, Friendship Jar Fall Fillers, Giga Guide Lines
- INK: Terracotta Tile, Dark Chocolate, Tea Dye Duo, Haystack Palette
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Autumn Abundance paper pad (plaid)
- OTHER: Limitless Layers Circle dies, Boxy Banners dies, Banner Borders die, Fine Linen grosgrain, YR12 Copic marker, 1/4" silk ribbon, Terracotta Tile buttons, Rustic Jute Button Twine
- FINISHED SIZE: each pennant flag measures 3-3/4" wide and 5-1/4" long.