Here we are, back on Day 2 of the September Countdown! Thank you so much for all the enthusiasm you shared for yesterday's introductions! I just knew you would love both of those sets!
Today I have three new stamp sets to introduce to you, two in this post and a third in a second post below, so don't miss it!
First up is a stunningly beautiful creation from Heather Nichols. It is truly one of my favorite holiday sets ever! Peace Be Still has a rustic elegance about it that is just perfection in my book. With beautiful snowflakes and a dove as well as timeless font combinations for the sentiments, this is truly a must have.
- Peace Be Still will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Peace Be Still contains a total of 15 stamps (1 dove, 1 leaf sprig, 7 snowflakes and 6 sentiments)
And don't let me forget to mention that this set also has coordinating dies! A set of three dies will be available that coordinate with the dove image and the two largest snowflakes.
- The Peace Be Still Die Collection will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- The Peace Be Still Die Collection contains three dies, one to coordinate with the dove image and two to coordinate with the two largest snowflakes in the set.
- Dies A & B (snowflakes) both measure about 1.5" in diameter. Die B (dove) measures 1.75" x 1.5".
Heather is also bringing you the next set in her Fillable Frames series. Fillable Frames #8 has a wonderfully classic shape to it and the sentiments are just perfection in every way.
- Fillable Frames #8 will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Fillable Frames #8 contains a total of 6 stamps (1 frame and 5 sentiments)
- A coordinating die will be available for purchase, retailing for $5 as well.
There have been some questions as to how the new Fillable Frames #8 die & stamp set compare to the previously released Fillable Frames #4. I have created a graphic to express their differences and provide a visual comparison for you to go by.
Now that I have introduced all of this goodness to you, lets move onto the projects!
I thought I would star out with a scrapbook layout today. I ran across this photo of my grandparents log cabin up in Maine where we would spend Christmas Eve every year while I was growing up and I thought Heather's new set would complement it perfectly.
I started by assembling several of the snowflake stamps from the set on one large block together. I stamped them all across the bottom of a sheet of kraft cardstock using Versamark. I then heat set Filigree Clear Embossing powder.
After heat setting them, I sponged Fresh Snow ink over all of them. It creates such an amazingly soft effect.
For the title block, I decided to use Fillable Frames #8. I die-cut the shape from Stamper's Select White cardstock then stamped the frame with Haystack Palette ink (a nice match to our new Fine Linen color). I stamped "winter" from Peace Be Still with Dark Chocolate ink, followed by "peace,love,joy" from Fillable Frames #8 underneath it.
I punched slots on either side of the frame and threaded a strip of Fine Linen Bitty Dot ribbon through them. A few Fine Linen buttons were tied with Rustic Jute Button Twine and adhered in place with Glue Dots. I just love the elegance of the Fillable Frame #8. It has such a wonderful, graceful shape to it.
For my journaling block, I didn't want to cover up the snowflake background I created so I opted to create it with vellum. I trimmed it to size and then stamped the double line from Faux Ribbon down the length of the block using Haystack Palette ink again.
I decided to use Fillable Frames #8 once again. I die-cut the shape from Kraft cardstock and then stamped the dove from Peace Be Still in Fresh Snow ink.
I stamped the Spring Moss background with various snowflakes from the set using Fresh Snow ink. The text strip through the middle was created with the new Background Basics: Christmas set (more about it later on in the week!).
I used many of the same elements from the paint cans on this coordinating card.
The tag image was adhered in place with foam dimensionals.
Now for a festive red & white card.
I wanted to create a fun snow flurry effect, so I started by stitching some random lines on my Kraft card front using my sewing machine.
I hope you enjoyed all of the offerings today! Heather's new products for this month are simply magical to work with and I know you will feel the same way once you get a chance to use them yourself! We would love to hear your initial thoughts on all of this. You can have a shot at winning all of these new introductions just for taking the time to leave a comment!
- Peace Be Still stamp set
- Peace Be Still die collection
- Fillable Frames #8 stamp set
- Fillable Frames #8 die
This contest will close at 7am EST, Sunday, September 12th. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced by noon EST on our September Release Winners page.
Thanks for stopping by today and good luck!
See what Heather Nichols has cooked up using both of her new sets.
Lisa Johnson has even more inspiration to share using Background Basics: Christmas.
Alli Miles is showcasing Holiday Spirit Sentiments today.
Beth Silaika has a new creation using Trees With Trimmings.
Dawn McVey has been busy with her new Color Couture download.
- STAMPS: Peace Be Still, Fillable Frames #8 (available September 15th), Faux Ribbon (journaling lines), Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger (date)
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Fresh Snow, Haystack Palette, Versamark
- PAPER: Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Vellum Cardstock
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #8 die, Fine Linen Bitty Dot Ribbon, Fine Linen buttons, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Filigree Clear Embossing Powder, black pen (American Crafts), Slot Punch (EK Success)
- FINISHED SIZE: 8.5" x 11"
HOLIDAY WISHES ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Peace Be Still (available September 15th), Faux Ribbon (sentiment)
- INK: Aqua Mist, New Leaf
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Green Boutique Patterned Paper Pad
- OTHER: Peace Be Still Die Collection, New Leaf Baker's Twine, Mini Paint Cans, 2-way glue pen, Prisma Glitter, 1/8" hole punch, 1-3/8" circle punch (EK Success), Scor-tape
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5" (card)
'TIS THE SEASON CARD
- STAMPS: Peace Be Still, Fillable Frames #8, Background Basics: Christmas (available September 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Ripe Avocado, True Black
- PAPER: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #8 die, corner rounder punch, sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
SNOWFLAKE SHOWERS CARD
- STAMPS: Peace Be Still(available September 15th), Signature Christmas (sentiment)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy, True Black
- PAPER: Kraft, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Peace Be Still Die Collection, clear rhinestones (KaiserCraft), sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
JOYEUX NOEL CARD
- STAMPS: Peace Be Still (available September 15th), Turning a New Leaf
- INK: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow, Tea Dy Duo
- PAPER: Rustic Cream
- OTHER: Peace Be Still Die Collection, Ocean TIdes Felt, clear seed bead, needle & thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 4.75"