I have sung Heather Nichols' praises on multiple occasions. Both as a stamp designer and overall paper artist. The work she has created this month is nothing but fabulous and I am thrilled to have the opportunity to share both of her latest sets with you today!
The first set is entitled Falling Leaves. Falling Leaves is a fun and whimsical tree building set. You are going to have so much fun using the elements of this set to build trees for fall – and more! The set includes a tree trunk/branch and various toppers and additions you can add to the top as well as some wonderful fall-themed sentiments.
- Falling Leaves will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- It contains a total of 14 stamps (1 trunk/branch, 2 complete leaf toppers, 4 individual leaves, 1 acorn, 1 apple and 5 sentiments)
The second set is the next addition to her Fillable Frames Collection. It is simple in design which allows you to use it in multiple style applications with ease. This will be a wonderful basic to add to your collection!
- Fillable Frames #7 stamp set will be available for purchase on August 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- It contains a total of 7 stamps (1 frame and 6 sentiments)There will be a coordinating die available for $5.
Now that I have provided you with all the basics, let's get onto the fun stuff!
My first project today is another scrapbook layout. This is one of my favorite photos of David holding Owen after he fell asleep in his arms on our porch swing. I knew that both of Heather's new sets would pair well in capturing this special moment in our lives.
I started by stamping the trunks of the trees across the bottom of my Kraft cardstock page using Versamark ink. I then followed through with the leaf topper image for each trunk using the same ink.
I decided to create my own custom frame for the title by cutting an opening using the new Fillable Frames #7 die in Ocean Tides cardstock. I was then able to apply a pattern of stamped Polka Dots using Polka Dot Basics II and Versamark ink once again.
I stamped the frame from Fillable Frames #7 on a separate piece of Stamper's Select White cardstock in Enchanted Evening ink. Followed by one of the sentiments from Falling Leaves in True Black. I layered the stamped image under the opening of the Ocean Tides frame, adhering the frame with thin foam dimensionals. Since this die is designed to coordinate with the stamp image, they line up perfectly.
For the border at the top of the page, I cut a strip of Enchanted Evening cardstock and stamped "Love You" from Say It With Style across the full-width using Fresh Snow ink. I then added one of the small leaves from Falling Leaves in between each phrase.
After adhering it to my page, I stitched across the top & bottom of the strip as well as above and below it with my sewing machine. I really like the way the double stitching ended up looking.
I layered school-style journaling lines on top of the trees at the bottom using Fresh Snow ink. (The line image is from Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger). This provided me with the perfect place to add my journaling, which also happens to help ground the right-side of the layout as well.
Did you notice the circular tag image attached to the Ocean Tides frame? This is an image from 2009 Autumn Tags. Does it look familiar? Heather designed this last year as part of the tag set and it served as her inspiration for the Falling Leaves stamp set. In turn, the two coordinate together, which always nice to know!
I thought that this little card would be perfect for a teacher (or really anyone that likes apples!)
I stamped the Fillable Frames #7 frame with Spring Moss ink onto Stamper's Select White cardstock. I then layered the tree trunk from Falling Leaves over it using Dark Chocolate ink. The leaf topper was added with SImply Chartreuse ink. Notice that this topper is different from the one I used in my last project. Having variety with your stamp images like this is always fun!
I next added the small apple image from Falling Leaves, three times in Pure Poppy ink. When you try to recreate this, be sure to slightly angle the apples in random directions so they look like they are hanging from the tree naturally.
After the apples were added, I used my 2-way glue pen to add some Prisma Glitter to each one for a little added sparkle.
I used the "Thankful for you" sentiment from 2009 Autumn Tags set stamped in True Black to fill the remainder of the frame.
Pure Poppy Baker's Twine was wound around the Kraft card base a few times and finished with a bow to help balance the bottom half of the project.
I love little one-layer cards like this and I think this one in particular is definitely easy enough to mass produce!
I knew I had to use Falling Leaves in conjunction with an autumnal color scheme and here are the results.
I started by stamping the tree trunks at different levels using Dark Chocolate ink. I then added the leaf topper in three different colors, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise & Terracotta Tile.
I trimmed the "forest" down to a small block and stamped Text Style II over the trees using Chai Tea Dye Duo ink. I then swiped both Tea Dye Duo pads around the edges for a bit of rustic flair.
For the border at the bottom, I cut a strip of Terracotta Tile cardstock and adhered it in place. I then punched out 1/2" squares from various cardstocks to create a monochromatic. variegated look. (From left to right) Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise & Orange Zest cardstocks were used. After stamping the sentiment (also from Falling Leaves) I stitched down the center of the squares with my sewing machine.
I think the end result is a card that embodies all the loveliness that autumn brings.
The quick little card shows how you can use some of the small companion images from Falling Leaves as focal points without always having to use the trunk as your basis.
To create this focal point, I started by stamping the smallest leaf in Ripe Avocado ink.
I then layered the larger leaf of the same design over it at a slight angle and stamped it with Spring Moss ink. The bitty acorn followed in Dark Chocolate ink.
This little "thank you" sentiment from Fillable Frames #7 nestled in perfectly next to the acorn image.
As a last step, I stamped the frame from Fillable Frames #7 around the acorn & sentiment using Ripe Avocado ink.
After adhering my focal point in place and wrapping the Spring Moss card base with a bit of Rustic Jute Button Twine, I was left with a quick little card that will be useful for a variety of recipients.
I think it would look wonderful in a variety of different colors too!
I decided to pull out my embossing powder for this next project.
I stamped both the tree trunk & leaf topper with Versamark ink and sprinkled on some Filigree White Embossing Powder, then heat to set. The images in this set work BEAUTIFULLY with heat embossing techniques!
I then sponged some Fresh Snow ink over the top of the image in small circles, really rubbing it into the cardstock so that the outer edges of the inked area were very soft and feathered.
The sentiment was also heat embossed with white powder and stands out prominently against the Scarlet Jewel cardstock background. I did some random stitching at the bottom to provide a border that would ground all of the elements.
This last little card is super simple. The colors & styling just make me smile every time I look at it.
I stamped the tree branch first in Dark Chocolate ink. I then added the flower (from Beautiful Blooms II) using Aqua Mist ink. The placement was super easy because I just stamped the flower at the end of each portion of the branch.
I then filled in the open spaces with leaves from Falling Leaves using Spring Moss ink.
I dabbed a small dot of 2-way glue in the center of each flower and sprinkled on Prisma Glitter to give the project a little sparkle.
The sentiment "be happy" is from Fillable Frames #6. It is stamped in Aqua Mist ink.
I hope perhaps you have gained some inspiration with today's projects & post. What do you think of Heather's latest sets? What are your first impressions? Do you own other sets from the Fillable Frames collection? We would love to hear your thoughts! You could have a chance at winning an amazing prize package just for sharing your comment with us today!
- Falling Leaves stamp set
- Fillable Frames #7 stamp set
- Fillable Frames #7 die
- Through the Trees stamp set
- Turning a New Leaf stamp set
This prize package has over a $70 value, so be sure to leave your comment for a chance to win! This contest will close at 7am EST, Friday, August 13th. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced by noon EST on or August Release Winners page. Good luck to everyone!
Be sure to stop by Heather Nichols' blog today to see what she has cooked up with both of these new stamp sets!
FALLING FOR YOU LAYOUT
- STAMPS: Falling Leaves & Fillable Frames #7 (available August 15th), Say It With Style, Mini Scrapbook Series, Library Ledger (journaling lines), Mini Scrapbook Series: Tabs (date stamp), 2009 Autumn Tags, Polka Dot Basics II
- INK: Versamark, Enchanted Evening, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening, Kraft
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #7 die, 1.75" Circle Punch (EK Success), sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 8.5" x 11"
THANKFUL FOR YOU APPLE CARD
- STAMPS: Falling Leaves & Fillable Frames #7 (available August 15th), 2009 Autumn Tags
- INK: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, True Black
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Kraft
- OTHER: Pure Poppy Baker's Twine, 2-way glue pen, Prisma Glitter
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
VARIEGATED AUTUMN CARD
- STAMPS: Falling Leaves (available August 15th), Text Style II
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile, True Black, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Terracotta Tile, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest
- OTHER: 1/2" square punch (EK Success), sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
ACORN THANK YOU CARD
- STAMPS: Falling Leaves & Fillable Frames #7 (available August 15th)
- INK: Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, True Black
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss
- OTHER: Rustic Jute Button Twine, corner rounder punch
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 4"
EVERY LEAF EMBOSSED CARD
- STAMPS: Falling Leaves (available August 15th)
- INK: Versamark, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Scarlet Jewel, Kraft
- OTHER: White Filigree Embossing Powder, sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
BE HAPPY CARD
- STAMPS: Falling Leaves (available August 15th), Fillable Frames #6 (sentiment), Beautiful Blooms II (flower)
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist
- OTHER: Woodgrain Impression Plate, 2-way glue pen, Prisma Glitter, corner rounder punch
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 4.75"