Dawn McVey has been a busy lady once again and has some exciting things to debut for you with the July release!
First is her latest stamp set, It's Official. This fantastic set is full of basic images that you can use for backgrounds, focal points, supporting images and mats. You will love ALL of the amazing mix & match possibilities this set has with not only the other new sets for this month, but your entire stamp collection!
- It's Official will be available for purchase on July 15th
- It will retail for $24.
- It's Official contains a total of 17 stamps (1 bingo card, 1 order invoice, 1 ruler, 1 lined notebook paper border, 1 admit one ticket, 3 small companion images and 9 sentiments)
- The order invoice coordinates perfectly with the new Spiral Notebook Page die, available separately for $8.
- The ticket image from It's Official coordinates with the Just the Ticket Border die, available for purchase separately for $8.
To coordinate with the ticket image in this set, Dawn also designed an impression plate. The repeated ticket motif is SO trendy right now and can be used for so many things! Not to mention the amazing detail that it creates! One side of the plate is horizontally oriented while the other side is vertical so you can cater to any type of project.
- The Admit One Impression Plate will be available for purchase on July 15th
- It will retail for $16.
- The Admit One Impression Plate is double sided and measures 4.5" x 5.75"
Now if that wasn't enough, how about a paper pad to match? This collection of papers feature one of Dawn's fun color combinations of Simply Chartreuse, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet & Dark Chocolate! You will love how you can use these patterns to coordinate with not only the It's Official stamp set, but other themes and styles in your repertoire too!
- The It's Official paper pad will be available for purchase on July 15th
- It will retail for $8.
- The (8×8) It's Official paper pad contains 6 sheets each of 6 patterns, 36 sheets total.
- It coordinates with Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy & Dark Chocolate.
On top of all this "official" goodness, Dawn is also introducing the July Color Couture Collection, which will be available for download and allow you to use it over and over again to your heart's content! (If you want to learn more about the entire line of Color Couture products, you can read about it HERE) The printable papers this month are DIVINE and the file folder card templates are a perfect companion for all of the "office" style images being released this month!
- The new Color Couture Download will be available for purchase on July 15th
- It will retail for $5.
- The new Color Couture Download contains 6 File Folder Card Printable Templates, 2 File Folder Tab Printable Templates, 6 Patterned Printable Papers and 3 new Inspiration Inserts featuring project ideas from Melissa Phillips, Betsy Veldman & Dawn herself.
- The Color Couture Binder and companion printed items as well as additional downloads can be found in our store HERE.
Now that all of these formal introductions have been made, let's get onto some fun projects!
My first project is designed to show you that "office" themed projects can be soft and understated, just like this one is here.
I started by die-cutting the Spiral Notebook Page die from Stamper's Select White cardstock. I then stamped this order invoice image onto it using Smokey Shadow ink. Notice how the invoice coordinates perfectly with this die!
Next, I stamped the leaf image from Turning a New Leaf with Spring Moss ink. The small flowers are from Beautiful Blooms II and they were stamped in Plum Pudding. I love layering images on top of these cards like this. You can build so much depth and detail.
To complete the focal point card, I added the herbal tea stamp in Spring Rain and the sentiment in True Black, both from Tea for Two.
I used the Admit One Impression plate here. To give the pattern a softer look, I swiped my Fresh Snow ink pad across it's surface. I am just head over heels in LOVE with this plate!
The Admit One cardstock was adhered in place to fill the entire cover.
For the teapot, I wanted a bit of a rustic look, so I inked it up with Spring Rain ink first, followed by Plum Pudding. I really like how "antique" the teapot turned out!
I used the Tea for Two die with the teapot so I did not have to cut it out by hand. I think I achieved the softness and I was going for at the beginning of this post, don't you?
Next is a little card that could be used for notecard sets for teachers gifts and so much more!
For the ruler, I first stamped Background Basics: Woodgrain with Versamark ink onto Kraft cardstock. I then layered the ruler image on top of that using True Black ink. To make the ruler appear to be a bit more vintage, I trimmed the bottom & top of the ruler just enough to eliminate the line that was there before.
Outlines Alphabet makes the perfect "school-style" alphabet. Especially their use here stamped in Fresh Snow ink on Ripe Avocado cardstock.
The apple image is from Teacher's Apple. The main portion of the apple is stamped in Pure Poppy, with the stem and leaf done in Dark Chocolate & Ripe Avocado respectively. I also added the "original" stamp from It's Official in the mix.
What other uses can you see for this ruler?
This clever little file folder card is one of the cutest things I have ever seen and it is part of the July COlor Couture download I spoke of earlier in this post.
Dawn has done all the work for you with her series of easy-to-print- templates. I printed this file folder right onto Vintage Cream cardstock.
The focal point for this project starts with the sales invoice image again. This time I stamped it in Summer Sunrise ink onto Harvest Gold cardstock. The Belated Birthday sentiment is from Birthday Bash Sentiments and it is stamped in Dark Chocolate. The "Past Sue" and "To Be Filed" images are stamped in Pure Poppy.
I decided to use one of the small tickets from the new paper collection to complement my project.
The final focal portion of this project is adhered in place and supported by a paper clip. I thought the whole notion of "Past Due" paired with the Belated Birthday Sentiments would be a perfect combination.
The interior is a mix of Birthday Bash Sentiments & Birthday Basics.
A super fun card to make the next time you have a few spare moments!
This project uses one of my new found loves. Printing downloadable paper onto our Vellum Cardstock.
Here is how the same pattern looks when you print them on different materials. From left to right Stamper's Select White, Vellum Cardstock, Kraft and Vintage Cream. I love how each one looks totally different!
Here's a closeup of the velum cut down to size, did I mention how much I love these patterns printed on the vellum???
The bingo card is stamped in Aqua Mist ink. The size of the bingo card is perfect for creating small scaled focal point area on a card front.
The finished project has a refreshing color scheme that I look forward to using more of in the future. (Not to mention printing more of Dawn's papers on vellum cardstock too!)
I have one last card for you today. This is something I created for David since he has been helping so much during this release with the kids and household chores..
I started with this long and skinny notebook border that I LOVE. It measures 4.75 inches long, so it can accommodate a variety of different projects.
This sentiment is one of my favorites from Out on a Limb Revised.
I stamped the moon & stars in Smokey Shadow and decided they needed a bit of sparkle. I applied adhesive with my 2-way glue pen and sprinkled on the Prisma glitter.
Well, I hope you enjoyed all of my creations today. I certainly enjoyed working with all of these amazing products! What do YOU think of everything presented today? Do you have any favorites that can't want to get your hands on? We want to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment today for a chance to win an amazing prize package!
- It's Official stamp set
- Admit One impression plate
- It's Official paper pad
- Color Couture binder
- Color Couture binder inserts (Volumes 1-3)
- Color Couture binder inserts (Volumes 4-6)
This prize package has over an $80 value, so you will not want to miss out on your chance to win! This contest closes today, Wednesday, July 14th at 11:30pm EST. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be selected and announced by midnight EST on our July Release Winners page.
GET WELL SOON CARD
- STAMPS: It's Official (available July 15th), Turning a New Leaf, Beautiful Blooms II, Tea for Two
- INK: Fresh Snow, Smokey shadow, Spring Moss, Plum Pudding, Spring Rain, True Black
- PAPER: Kraft, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Admit One impression plate, Spiral Notebook Page Die, Tea for Two die, foam dimensionals
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
- STAMPS: It's Official (available July 15th), Outlines Alphabet, Teacher's Apple, Background Basics: Woodgrain
- INK: Fresh Snow, Versamark, True Black, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: 1.75" circle punch, foam dimensionals, sewing machine
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
PAST DUE CARD
- STAMPS: It's Official, Birthday Bash Sentiments (available July 15th), Birthday Basics
- INK: Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Tea Dye Duo
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Harvest Gold, It's Official paper pad
- OTHER: July Color Couture Download file folder template, paper clip
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
- STAMPS: It's Official, Just the Ticket (available July 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores, Vellum Cardstock printed with July Color Couture Download patterned paper
- OTHER: Just the Ticket Border Die, binder clip (Target)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
TO THE MOON & BACK CARD
- STAMPS: It's Official (available July 15th), Out on a Limb Revised, Out on a Limb Sentiments
- INK: Fresh Snow, Scarlet Jewel, True Black, Dark Chocolate, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Kraft, Rustic Cream, Scarlet Jewel
- OTHER: 2-way glue pen, Prisma Glitter, corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.75" x 5.5"