Heather Nichols has a wonderful knack of taking almost any image, simplifying it and giving it her own unique twist. The next two sets I am about to introduce to you do just that, and I know without a doubt that you won't be disappointed!
Night, Night Moon is a fresh twist on a baby set, featuring Heather's attention to detail and injected with her signature "rustic whimsy". With borders, sweet sentiments and easy-to-use outline images with matching solid overlays, you will always have just what you need. And don't let the name & theme fool you, there is a lot that can be done with this set for things other than babies!
- Night, Night Moon will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Night, Night Moon contains a total of 30 stamps (2 large borders, 13 companion images and 15 sentiments)
The next set I am presenting today is the fifth addition to the Fillable Frames line-up. This month's selection is wonderfully simplistic and can cater to almost any style of project. It will complement the baby set above wonderfully as well!
- Fillable Frames #5 will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Fillable Frames #5 contains a total of 6 stamps (1 large frame and 5 sentiments)
- There is a coordinating die for the frame image that will be available for $5.
- Don't forget that the sentiments contained in ALL the Fillable Frames sets are interchangeable between each other.
Babies are so sweet and need to be celebrated in a big way! I thought this little project could be used to congratulate new parents are be incorporated into a baby shower invitation.
The bib image is from Night, Night Moon and is stamped in Spring Moss ink. You might recognize the little elephant from Bitty Baby Blessings. All of the mini images in that set coordinate with the bib in this new set perfectly! The elephant was stamped in Ripe Avocado.
To help the project keep from being too "boxy" I rounded all four corners of the focal point. It is adhered with foam dimensionals to give it a little pop too.
There is a beautiful double glitter strip detail across the middle. This was created by adding two 1/4" pieces of Scor-tape across the center of the card front and sprinkling them with glitter. I also added a Ripe Avocado accent by creating a border with small-scaled scalloped scissors & cardstock. It's little details like these that keep things interesting for me!
I used A Little Argyle to create my background pattern. The solid diamonds are in Versamark and the dashed lines in Ripe Avocado. Such a fun option to throw in when you might be tired of using polka dots!
Another simple card that can be used for a few different types of occasions!
My next project uses this sweet little duck image that Heather illustrated for this set. Isn't he adorable?!?!?
One of my favorite design elements that she thought of, was the way she created a separate wing overlay for the little guy. It makes it easy to add a punch of color & pattern with nearly no effort at all.
I used the new Fillable Frames #5 on this project as well. I die-cut the frame shape from Kraft cardstock and then stamped the frame with Vintage Cream ink. I just have to tell you, this is one of my most favorite frames yet. SO versatile!
I cut out the little duck to add him to my project. I also added a glass head pin to the top of the frame. Notice that I colored the glass head with a Copic Marker to coordinate with my project!
Summer Sunrise Satin ribbon is layers & looped under the focal point. Don't forget that the backside of many of our ribbons is just as pretty as the front and can give you different looks & style options.
For the background, I stamped the Rustic Cream cardstock using Background Basics: Tin Types with Summer Sunrise ink. I then went back in and added the small dots (from Beautiful blooms 2) in the middle of each block using Lemon Tart ink.
The final project is adorably sweet and perfect to welcome a special little someone!
I figured it would be fun to do two similar baby cards, one in traditional pink for a girl and the other blue for a boy. First I have one all pretty in pink to share with you.
I decided to show how you can use just a portion of the amazing moon & start border from the set on a Fillable frames #5 die-cut. This die is so versatile, it looks wonderful even without the actual coordinating frame image used with it! The border is stamped with Sweet Blush ink.
To finish the focal point, I added adhesive with a 2-way glue pen around the perimeter then sprinkled on some Prisma glitter. I am totally in LOVE with the way that detail turned out! I'll have to do that again soon!
You might have noticed the background on this card. I started by stamping Distressed Stripes using Versamark ink.
I then went back in white a white gel pen to add lines and accent the plaid pattern. Totally fun & easy to do!
Again, I kept it clean and simple, just the way I like it!
And now for the boy version! Do you notice a new product on this card?
That's right! Ocean Tides Felt! I used it here in combination with the new Fillable Frames #5 die. Gosh, I love our felt SO much. The dies cut through it perfectly and it makes me feel so inspired to create my own embellishments!
I stitched a block of cardstock to the enter of the frame that features the same moon & stars image along with another cute sentiment. I also added three lines of stitching across the center of the card cover. Love that little detail.
Last but not least, I adhered the frame embellishment in place with Scor-tape.
The background was stamped with Polka Dot Basics 2 using Vintage Cream ink. I also swiped the ink pad around the edges of the cardstock to help soften the project.
Aren't these two sets so fun?!?!?! What did you think about all of today's projects? Do you have a favorite? We would love to hear your initial thoughts! Leave a comment today for a chance to win an amazing prize package!
- Night, Night Moon stamp set
- Fillable Frames #5 stamp set
- Fillable Frames #5 die
- NEW! Ocean Tides Felt
You have until 7am EST, Saturday, June 12th to leave a comment and have a chance to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our June Release Winners page no later than noon the same day.
You can see more projects with these sets by visiting Heather's blog today!
Sweet Baby Girl Card
- STAMPS: Night, Night Moon (available June 15th), A Little Argyle, Bitty Baby Blessings
- INK: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Versamark, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Ripe Avocado, ESpring Moss, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: 1/4" Scor-tape, Prisma Glitter, scalloped scissors (Paper Studio), corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
Special Delivery Card
- STAMPS: Night, Night Moon & Fillable Frames #5 (both available June 15th), Background Basics: Tin Types, Beautiful Blooms II (small dot)
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, Tea Dye Duo, Vintage Cream
- PAPER: Rustic Cream, Kraft
- OTHER: Summer Sunrise Satin ribbon, Fillable Frames #5 die, brown pen (American Crafts), foam dimensioanal, glasshead pin (Dritz)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
Welcome to the World Card
- STAMPS: Night, Night Moon (available June 15th) Distressed Stripes
- INK: Sweet Blush, True Black, Versamark
- PAPER: Sweet Blush, Stamper's select White
- OTHER: Fillable frames #5 die, white gel pen (uniball signo), 2-way glue pen, prisma glitter, foam dimensonals
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 4.25"
Wishes Come True Card
- STAMPS: Night, Night Moon (available June 15th), Polka Dot Basics II
- INK: Vintage cream, Aqua Mist, True Black
- PAPER: Ocean Tides, Kraft, Rustic Cream
- OTHER: Fillable Frames #5 die, Ocean Tides felt, sewing machine & thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 4.25"