I am beyond excited to make today's introductions to you. The sets I am about to introduce to you have been in the works for quite some time, and I know that as soon as you start using them, you will see all the thought & love that went into each and every element.
After the success of Vintage Picnic & Take Note, Michelle Wooderson & I have teamed up again to bring you a fabulous stamp series that will knock your socks off!
Several month's ago, Michelle presented me with the sketches above. We soon had a lengthy two-hour phone conversation about all the things that we wanted incorporated into this collection and how we could make it one of the best stamp introductions into the industry this year.
(You can read more about what this set and the jars mean to Michelle in an eloquent post she did HERE yesterday)
All of you, my friends, will now have the opportunity to use the fruits of our labor and I couldn't be more thrilled to begin sharing everything with you today in more detail!
Friendship Jar is what we are considering the basic "start-up" set. It contains the jar itself, two basic solid fillers for the jar,the lid, several toppers, a label frame and several interchangeable sentiments. The fonts chosen are reminiscent of the lettering used in the "Ball" logo found on many older jars.
- Friendship Jar will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Friendship Jar contains a total of 30 stamps (1 jar, 1 lid, 2 full jar fillers, 6 toppers, 2 accent highlights, 1 label frame and 18 sentiments to fit within the frame)
- Coordinating dies will be available for several of the images in the set (read more about those below)
Friendship Jar Fillers is the first companion set designed to go with the basic jar images in the original set. It has several large scaled images to fit within the jar along with several sentiments to coordinate with them.
- Friendship Jar Fillers will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Friendship Jar Fillers contains a total of 24 stamps (4 whole-jar fillers, 4 small-scaled fillers and 16 additional sentiment images)
As I mentioned, there are a few new dies to coordinate with these sets. The first of which is the Jar & Lid die.
- The Jar & Lid Die will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $8.
- The Jar & Lid Die is a single die featuring both images on a single plate.
- The overall die measures approximately 3.5" x 1.75".
Next is the Jar Label die. This coordinates with the frame in the set perfectly as well as nearly all of the sentiments. Try cutting it from label paper and sticking them directly to your stamped jars (or real ones!) for a fun twist. And as I showcased yesterday, this label also works well with the new Mini Paint Cans!
- The Jar Label Die will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $4.
- The Jar Label Die measures approximately 1.5" x 1".
Last, but certainly not least, is the Jar Toppers die. It includes all 4 of the jar toppers on a single die so you can easily layer them in place with no worries about masking!
- The Jar Toppers Die will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- The Jar Toppers Die is a single die featuring all four toppers on a single plate.
- The overall die measures approximately 3.5" x 2.25".
I also get to introduce you to another new product today. This month we are bringing you cotton Baker's Twine. You see it everywhere and now you will be able to get it right here in our store. It works wonderfully with our buttons and also looks great wrapped around a card a few times, not to mention tying tags into place and such as well. We are starting out with two colors and we will be adding a few more as months progress.
- Baker's Twine will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $5 per spool.
- Each wooden spool of Baker's Twine contains 20 yards.
- We are releasing two color combinations this month: Dark Chocolate/White & Pure Poppy/White.
- Our Baker's Twine is 100% cotton and "fuzz" free, giving you professional looking results.
How's that for a post full of new & exciting introductions! Now let's get onto some projects!
I decided to create a little Gardener's Delight Ensemble. The decorated jar holds a hand trowel & rake along with a few seed packets contining seeds harvested from some of my personal favorite flowers in my yard. I hope that when the recipient plants them, she'll think of me!
I thought I would show you how I made the card portion of the ensemble, allowing you to explore & understand Friendship Jar a little more thoroughly. It all starts with the main jar stamp. It is a large stamp, measuring nearly 2.5"tall, so it can easily make up the majority of the cover of a card, especially if you use a filler along with it.
I used Copic markers to color the image in. Lemon Tart, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chcolate and T1. Once you color everything, the images really come to life.
I decided to add a label to the jar so I got out the handy Jar Label die and die-cut kraft cardstock. I then stamped the label frame with Ripe Avocado ink and the sentiment with True Black.
To help balance out the cover, I stamped "Take Note" and the large dotted circle from Take Note stamp set. I then added the fancy frame from this year's Anniversary Set, Round & Round, on top of that.
The jar portion of this ensemble is just as pretty as the card with this pretty ruffled ribbon topper and the seed packets that coordinate with the card.
Now it's time for me to share a bit more of the homemade seed packets inside. I started with our small Kraft Gift Enclosure Envelopes, the perfect size to hold a few seeds. I created a front panel very similar to that of the card, only stamping "Garden Fresh" from Friendship Jar within the circle's center.
On the back of the envelopes, I stamped one of the lines from Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger in Ripe Avocado ink. This provided me with the perfect little spot to write what type of seeds are inside.
It makes me so happy to think that my dear friend will soon be enjoying the flowers that grow from these within the next few months. It warms my heart to know how much she will love the growing process of these special, heartfelt seeds.
Now that I have shared a few of my creations, how about an opportunity to see what else the team has created with these versatile, fun sets?
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to read more from Debbie Olson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to read more from Kim Hughes.
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.
CLICK HERE to read more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to read more from Melissa Phillips.
CLICK HERE to read more from Niki Estes.
Isn't everything just fabulous? I don't know about you, but I am pretty excited about all the possibilities that await! And just to reveal a little hint of what's to come, let's just say that there are even MORE jar fillers in the future from Papertrey! 🙂
So what did you think of all of today's projects? What are your first impressions of both these new stamp sets? We would love to hear your initial opinions! And here's a fabulous prize package that you could have a chance at winning, just for sharing your thoughts with us!
- Friendship Jar stamp set
- Friendship Jar Fillers stamp set
- Jar & Lid die
- Jar Toppers die
- Jar Label die
- 20 yrd. spool Dark Chocolate Baker's Twine
- 20 yrd. spool Pure Poppy Baker's Twine
This prize package has nearly a $80 value, so don't miss your chance to enter! Just leave a comment below before 7am EST, Monday, June 14th to be eligible. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced by noon the same day on our June Release Winners page.
Stop by Melissa Bickford's blog today to see what she cooked up with All About You!
Dawn McVey has some fantastic projects using her new June Color Couture download.
GARDENER'S DELIGHT ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Friendship Jar & Friendship Jar Fillers (both available June 15th), Take Note, Round & Round
- INK: Noir Black, Tea Dye Duo, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Kraft, Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, and T1 Copic Trios, 1/8" silk ribbon, Kraft Gift Enclosure Envelopes
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5" (card)