Lisa Johnson is at it again with a well-thought out, amazingly versatile stamp set, with just the right touch of whimsy! Flutterby Friend is a wonderful nature-themed set featuring butterflies, a snail, leaves & flowers. All of which are separate elements so you can create scenes, focal points and backgrounds to your hearts content. There are also big & bold "friend" & "friends" stamps, which coordinate with a few different companion sentiments, giving you lots of mix and match possibilities.
- Flutterby Friend will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Flutterby Friend contains a total of stamps (6 stem/leaf images, 2 butterflies, 2 flowers, 1 snail and 1 snail trail, 7 sentiments)
I have another exciting introduction for you today, so hold onto your hats! Do you remember the paint introduction post I did in February? We were slated to begin releasing high-quality acrylic paint in our colors this spring, but we ran into a few quality control issues that have delayed the process a bit. In the meantime, we thought we would go ahead and release the empty paint cans now so you can use them as packaging for all sorts of adorable things!
- Mini Paint Cans will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- A set of two cans will retail for $5.
- Mini Paint Cans measure 2" tall and 2" in diameter.
- They feature a working handle & pry open lid.
- Mini Paint Cans are a Papertrey exclusive, you won't find them anywhere else!
With both of these exciting new introductions made, I can hardly wait to show you what I have created for your viewing pleasure today! Enjoy!
First up is a little ensemble that pairs an altered paint can with a homemade card. I fell in love with this new color combo (for me), Enchanted Evening & Hawaiian Shores. So fresh and unique!
I stamped the leaves in Fresh Snow onto the Hawaiian Shores cardstock and then added the small flowers as accents with Enchanted Evening ink. As a finishing touch, I swiped my Fresh Snow ink pad around the edges of the focal point block. This helps to soften the otherwise hard edges.
This whimsical little butterfly was stamped onto white cardstock using Black Noir ink. I then colored the butterfly with Hawaiian Shores & Enchanted Evening Copics. Last, I dabbed my 2-way glue pen all over it and sprinkled on some Prisma glitter.
I matted the Hawaiian Shores block with Enchanted Evening cardstock, followed by a thin mat of white. I allowed space at the bottom of the Enchanted Evening mat for the sentiment, which I stamped in Versamak ink.
First of all, can you say ADORABLE! Just wait until you see these little cutie cans in real life! I covered the can with a strip of Enchanted Evening In Bloom patterned paper. The front of the can features a little label (which I'll be revealing more about tomorrow!) and another butterfly, made in the same manner as the one found on the card above.
I filled the can with Hershey's Kisses and as you can see it will fit about 8 of them. The lid actually can be pried on and off, just like the full size version that it is modeled after.
Here's a look at the can with the lid in place. Can't youjust see yourself packaging up little goodies to drop off with someone along with your homemade cards? They make such a great pair, and talk about a fun conversational piece!
This next card has a completely different look about it, keeping with a color scheme Smokey Shadow, True Black and Simply Chartreuse.
I used the secondleaf option from the set this time and wanted a shorter arrangement to work with, so I ended up making a mask with a post it note.
After stamping the stems, I was able to add the flowers and butterfly, as well as some text (from Text Style II) at the top and bottom. If you look closely, you can see that I used a Ripe Avocado Copic to add small flicks of color within the interior of each leaf. This helps to add definition to them and break up the solid Chartreuse in the background.
The card base is created with Smokey Shadow cardstock and stamped with Polka Dot Basics II using True Black ink. I have always loved the visual impact that is created when stamping black onto Smokey Shadow, and I think this project is no exception!
This pretty little number is so soft and calming in person. Something that could bring any recipient comfort if they are having a difficul time.
I stamped the large butterfly onto Kraft cardstock using Fresh Snow ink. I colored the interior of the butterfly with Copic markers. I used the same stem/leaf image from my previous card in a bit of a different twist here. I stamped it around the edge of my focal point, again with Fresh Snow ink.
I colored the leaves in and added some white crochet thread around the middle of the card.
This sentiment is one of my favorites ever, taken from Out on a Limb Sentiments.
This last card uses rich autumnal tones, which is a vast contrast from the previous pastel project, showcasing even further how versatile Flutterby Friend is.
I stamped the stem with Spring Moss ink and the Flowers in Terracotta Tile. I followed up by dabbing some Summer Sunrise ink in the middle of each bloom with a q-tip and then spreading the color out in a circular motion. Three small dots with a brown pen finishes each of them off.
I used the Moroccan Motifs Impression Plate on the lower portion of my card.
So, what did you think of both of today's introductions? What do you have in mind for those adorable little paint cans? We would love to hear all of your thoughts! We've put together a special prize package today that you could have a shot at winning just for leaving a comment!
- Flutterby Friend stamp set
- Set of 2 Mini Paint Can
- Out on a Limb Sentiments stamp set
- Inside & Out: Thank You stamp set
Be sure to leave a comment no later than 7am EST, Sunday, June 13th in order to be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our June Release Winners page by noon EST the same day.
Lisa Johnson has cooked up even more amazing eye candy with her Flutterby Friend set.
Melissa Bickford is continuing to showcase All About You.
Heather Nichols has more to show you with all of her new releases.
Dawn McVey will inspire you with more projects using her June Color Couture download!
- STAMPS: Flutterby Friend (available June 15th)
- INK: Fresh Snow, Enchanted Evening, Versamark, Noir Black
- PAPER: Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select White, In Bloom Paper Pad (Enchanted Evening)
- OTHER: Hawaiian Shores & Enchanted Evening Copic Trios, 2-way glue pen, Prisma Glitter, Mini Paint Can
- FINISHED CARD SIZE: 5.5" x 5""
Green Thank You Card
- STAMPS: Flutterby Friend (available June 15th), Background Basics: Text Style II, Inside & Out: Thank You, Polka Dot BAsics II
- INK: True Black
- PAPER: Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow
- OTHER: Ripe Avocado Copic Marker, corner chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
- FINISHED CARD SIZE: 4.25" x 4.25"
Helen Keller Card
- STAMPS: Flutterby Friend (available June 15th), Out on a Limb Sentiments
- INK: Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Kraft
- OTHER: Copic Markers, crochet thread (DMC)
- FINISHED CARD SIZE: 4.5" x 4.25"
Always There Card
- STAMPS: Flutterby Friend (available June 15th)
- INK: Spring Moss, Terracotta Tile, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Terracotta Tile, June Color Couture Download (polka dots), Dark Chocolate
- OTHER: Moroccan Motifs Impression Plate, foam dimensionals, brown pen (American Crafts)
- FINISHED CARD SIZE: 3.75" x 7"