Senior DT Challenge: Ribbon Favorites

I have been literally sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for today's group post to go live.  So many of our customers have expressed to us over the years that they wanted tips from the Papertrey Team as to how best to work with ribbon.  Whether it be bows or other special techniques unique to each team member, we have it all for you today in one place!

Card

(click on any of these photos for a larger view)

My most requested tutorial is for the looped ribbon accent I include in a lot of my projects.  Just like the one above.

Butterfly closeup
It may look a bit complicated, but it's actually quite easy.

Ribbon closeup
A little Scor-tape and your favorite ribbon and you are good to go!

Upper view

I've put together a little video for you today to show you my process in detail.  I hope you'll enjoy the show!

Now that you've seen me in action with my ribbon technique, how about I share with you all the other amazing tutorials that the team cooked up just for you!  Grab a cup, get comfy and prepare to be inspired by all the tips & techniques these talented ladies have to offer!

Betsy
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.

Dawn
 CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.

Heather
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.

Lisa
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.

Michelle
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.

Ashley
CLICK HERE to read more from Ashley Newell.

I hope that ALL of this amazing instruction & inspiration helps to take some of the mystery & frustration out of using ribbon on your projects!  You've gotten tips from the best gals in the business and I know I personally learned a lot from them!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy stamping!

Supplies-&-Tools
Better Butterfly Card

Keva Brown says:

Great video and a lovely ribbon technique. Thanks so much for that!! Now, I need to go and buy tons more ribbon!

Keva Brown says:

Ok, I have to comment again. After watching all of the videos, I just have to say that ribbon is about to be my new BFF! Great stuff out there. I haven’t been along for the papertrey ride very long, but your team is fantastic. Thank you again for the wonderful videos and techniques!

Marge R. says:

What fun, informative videos!!! Can’t wait to finish them ALL, but a HEADS UP — Betsy’s link takes us to last month’s video. Just thought you’d like to know — back to watching now!!!

Alyssa B says:

Wow! thanks so much Nicole! I will be using alot of these ideas in the future!

Nancy M says:

It’s been fun having the videos to go along with the incredible cards. Thank you to all.

Lynne in NI says:

Well I did what you suggested – grabbed a cup of tea and sat down for half an hour! Thanks everyone for the great tutorials and all the tips! Even the simple ones like how to cut a V in the ribbon were new to me.

Taheerah says:

Nichole I absolutely love this challenge, so great to gain insight into how the pros use ribbon to perfection! I’ve definitely been inspired to try out some of these techniques!!

Ami Alvarez says:

Thank you so much for that ribbon tutorial. I was making it WAY mor complicated than I should have and in the end I gave up. I’m so excited to try this out tonight!

Ami

Great technique tutorial Nichole. Thanks so much!

Nita says:

Thanks so much! I have been waiting for this!

Cathy Weber says:

I absolutely love these videos. You have no idea how much I learn from watching you. I’ve been using glue dots and making a gummy mess trying to recreate your ribbon projects. You make it look so easy.

Terri E. says:

LOVE all of the videos. It is so fun to hear the voices of all of the wonderful ladies!!!! Also, can’t wait to see the new website and the new weekly challenges. I have been waiting to learn more about that.

It’s a good life!
    Terri E.

Melissa Ladd says:

This is so great! Just watched all the videos and learned some wonderful new techniques! Thanks to you all!

Nichole, your card is beautiful!

Sarah Fisher says:

Awesome design team project! It was so much fun watching everyone’s videos and hearing what they sound like. Very helpful!

Roxanne says:

I can see why you were so excited to share this post. It rocked! Picked up some great new tricks and ideas that I will surely use!

Lauren says:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I just watched all the videos with my cup of hot tea. What a treat and SO helpful!! Thanks to all you gals for doing this for us…PLEASE do this again! They are just wonderful resources!! OK, off to buy more ribbon….

Nerina says:

Oooooh amazing line up – I can’t wait to get started!!!! Thank you!

LuAnn in AZ says:

Thanks so much to all of you for sharing these tips… it was as much fun for me to hear your real voices as learn new, fun things! I love PTI.

Diane Jaquay says:

I’ve always wondered how you got those nice, even loops Nichole, thanks so much for showing me how 🙂

Brooke says:

I love Ashley’s technique. I used to love the feel and coolness of satin when I was younger, so this ribbon just makes me want to reach through the screen and touch it.

Mariah says:

Thanks for the informative videos and techniques…so much to learn from what seems like a *basic* supply. PTI is the best!!

Lori Winters says:

This was a great challenge and all the videos are very well done… now I’ve got to get busy to give them a try!!! Thanks!

Sarah Fravel says:

Nichole, I always enjoy checking in on your site for great tips! I also want to pass on an award to you; it’s called the “Sunshine Award” and is awarded to you for being a positive influence on the world wide web! There is a badge for you at my website if you’d like to post it here. You’ll also find some guidelines for passing on the award to others if you’d like to do that. Congratulations to you and have a wonderful day!

Susan says:

WOW! Nichole, I really enjoyed the videos of the ribbon ideas. So many great ideas. The design team is awesome. I hope you do similar things in the future. I love the PTI ribbon more than any other. I am working the budget to eventually get most of the colors in the various types. Have some of the papers and am getting tempted by the buttons since I have seen some good ideas on how to use. Thanks so much.

Angela W says:

Wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing these tutorials!

Gorgeous Nichole!!! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!!!