Welcome back to Day Three of the countdown! Have you been as impressed with all of the teams work like I have? This time of the month is SO inspirational and I'm thrilled to be a part of it!
We are continuing today with two sets from Lisa Johnson. She's known for the thought put into each element of a stamp set so that you get the most use & versatility possible from it.
Her new background set allows you to build endless argyle-style plaids along with many other design elements. With three different scales and layering possibilities all rolled into one versatile set, this will quickly become a basic that every paper crafter needs.
- A Little Argyle will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- It contains a total of 15 background building stamps.
- A complementary impression plate will also be available, retailing for $16.
The second set that Lisa is introducing this month is a follow-up set to her two big successes from last year, On My Couch & On My Couch Additions. This new add-on set features chairs in several different styles along with an adorable little dog. The best part? All of the images in this new set are sized & scaled to be interchanged with the original sets, allowing you lots of room for possibilities and creativity.
- Chair-ished will be available for purchase on April 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- It contains a total of 16 stamps (5 chairs, 4 accessories and 7 sentiments)
- As a side note, we will also be introducing a set of two dies that will coordinate with the couch & chair images from the original On My Couch set. The set of two will retail for $8.
With all of this goodness to work with, I could hardly wait to get stamping! Here's my results! Totally FUN and I enjoyed every minute of it!
One of the best things about sets like this is all the options there are for mixing & matching. For this project I paired the new Chair-ished set with a classic from earlier this year, Home Made. The windows and doors in this set are a great scale to be used in conjunction with Chair-ished.
I started with a block of Ocean Tides cardstock and stamped the window (from Home Made) twice using versamark ink. I then was able to add the chair image (from Chair-ished) on top of the windows with True Black ink.
I stamped the chair in black again, this time onto a piece of Ripe Avocado Friends 'Til the End paper.
I cut out the upholstered portion of the chair and adhered it in place. I repeated these steps for the lamp and shade, only this time I used Pretty Pastels (spring moss dots) for the piecing. The sentiment is from the original On My Couch set and it's perfect for finishing off this project.
For this next project I wanted to use some of our NEW Raspberry Fizz felt (this will be available April 15th). While I was looking over everything, it occurred to me that this felt could make some amazing "warm & fuzzy" chairs!
I started with assembling my own background, putting together several images from Beautiful Blooms II on a single block. These were stamped in Versamark.
After stamping the chair image in Dark Chocolate, stamp the medium dots from Polka Dot Basics II using Orange Zest ink. Since I will be piecing the top portion of the chair later, I can stamp directly over the image like this and not worry about masking. I also colored the legs of the chair in with my E99 Copic Marker.
The bottom edge of this product needed a little something, so I used the popular Rickrack die to cut & create custom Raspberry Fizz Felt Rickrack! I love how this helps to balance out the Raspberry Fizz portion of the project and adds such a great texture.
Next is a little dinner invitation! Fun & festive and something anyone would be thrilled to receive!
I dug out the oldie "Warm Hospitality" . This little $5 set gives you just about everything you need to create invitations and it's a great thing to have in your stamping arsenal if you enjoy entertaining! I stamped "You're Invited to Dinner" in Pure Poppy ink directly under the chairs.
I cut this table from 0.25" strips of Dark Chocolate cardstock. The plaid "tablecloth" is from the popular Vintage Picnic set from last year. This mixing & matching is fun, isn't it! It's all about looking outside the box!
If you look closely at the background of this card, I used the Argyle Impression Plate. This is definitely one of my favorites so far. It is the simple designs that I find myself going back to again and again, and this particular design definitely has that ticket.
I don't have any new projects today using the actual A Little Argyle stamp set, but I will be using it throughout the week, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for hints of it here and there! In case you missed it, I've already used it this week HERE. And Lisa Johnson has worked with it HERE and HERE!
Are you in love with these sets as much as I am? Aren't they amazing? LOVE THEM!! We would love to hear your first impressions of these sets! Leave a comment today letting us know what you think and you could have a chance to win a fantastic prize package to help you create many of the projects from today's post!
- On My Couch stamp set
- On My Couch Additions die
- Chair-ished stamp set
- A Little Argyle stamp set
- On My Couch Dies
- Argyle Impression Plate
This AMAZING package has over a $100 value! This contest ends at 7am EST, Tuesday, April 13th, so be sure to leave your comment before then! One winner will be randomly selected. Only one entry per person please. The winner will be announced by noon the same day on our April Release Winners page.
Want to see more of these sets? Make sure that you check out Lisa Johnson's HUGE post today that features lots of inspiration using today's sets.
Visit Heather Nichols for even MORE inspiration using her new sets, Have a Ball & Fillable Frames #3!
Becky Oehlers is featuring her new set, Fly Away.
Dawn McVey has some peeks utilizing her new Woodgrain set along with the new April Color Couture download images!
Kim Hughes is featuring a look at her new Click Simple shape template, Boys to Men.
Sittin' Here Card
- STAMPS: Chair-ished (available April 15th), Home Made
- INK: Versamark, True Black, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Ocean Tides, Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado, Pretty Pastels Pad, Friends 'Til the End Pad
- OTHER: sewing machine & thread
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
One of a Kind Card
- STAMPS: Chair-ished (available April 15th), Polka Dot Basics II, Beautiful Blooms II
- INK: Versamark, Orange Zest, Dark Chocolate, Black Noir Palette
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate
- OTHER: Raspberry Fizz Felt, Rickrack die, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"
Dinner Invitation Card
- STAMPS: Chair-ished (available April 15th), Warm Hospitality, Vintage Picnic
- INK: Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy
- OTHER: Argyle Impression Plate, sewing machine & thread, foam dimensionals
- FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"