Everything’s coming up daisies!

By February 4, 2008General

One of the things that I love about Melissa’s set is the ease of use it offers.  You can tell by it’s design that she is a stamper who enjoys versatility and color options.

020408_stamping_daisiesFor my project today I started out by stamping the stems in green followed by the daisies in yellow.  Notice how the flowers are all integrated into one stamp for perfect placement onto the stems.  (The stems are all one image as well).  I used the Sun Flower Palette ink for this step.  It is a nice vivid yellow that executed my vision perfectly.

020408_finished_stamped_daisiesHere is the final product, and it only took four impressions total to get to this point!  Two for the flowers and two for the stems.  So easy!

020408_paint_dabberI knew I wanted to add some sparkle to my project.  I began by applying some paint with the Citrus Dabber from Ranger to our Stamper’s Select White Cardstock.  This is THE best white cardstock ever, especially for techniques such as this.  It’s superior 110lb. weight resists warping when using it with paint or water.

020408_adding_glitter_2Right after applying the paint I immediately sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds glitter from SU!.  I shook all the excess back into the contain and was left with this.  I felt like a kid in art class again.  This was so fun!

020408_punched_circleAllow the paint to dry for a few minutes.  When it is done you can use it to create custom embellishments.  I found that circle punches would suit my purpose!  I used 1/2-inch & 1/4-inch circle punches (EK Success) to create accents for the centers of all my flowers.  The glitter binds with the paint so beautifully.  I adhered all of the centers in place with the Quickie Glue Pen from Sakura.  The finished product looks so "artsy"!

020408_transparency_card_baseI knew I wanted to create a project that was out of the box, so I turned to one of my favorite supplies, transparencies.  I purchase them by the box at Office Depot.  I like to buy "write-on" transparencies because they take ink better for me.  To create a card base from the sheets, I use it just like regular cardstock.  For today’s project, I cut the sheet @ 3.75 inches length wise and scored it in half @ 5.5 inches.

020408_process_of_adhering_backI then adhered my daisy block to the inside back of the transparency card base.

020408_card_back_adheredHere is a visual from the top of the card to show you a different view of this step.

020408_celebrate_stamp I love this image.  There are five total in the set like this.  The dotted line combined with the simple font makes such a bold statement.

020408_sister_stampNow the additional sentiments in this set are what truly enable you to successfully celebrate all of the women in your life.  Melissa has thoroughly covered almost every female "title" in existence.  Aunt, sister, mother, grandmother.

020408_in_law_stampAnd as you see here, she has even included a special addition for you to alter any of the titles listed above to be appropriate for your spouse’s side of the family!

020408_front_strip_adheredTo finish up my project I adhered a band of green cardstock measuring 11-inches long to the cover of my card, allowing the excess to extend past the edge.  I added a slim strip of yellow cardstock followed by the sentiment block and four yellow brads.  (The brads go right though the transparency card base)

020408_adhesive_on_inside_frontIf you flip the card over to view the inside, you will see the back of the brads and my adhesive.

020408_finished_interiorBy folding over the remainder of the cardstock band and adhering it in place, I provide a nice clean finish, inside & out.

020408_yellow_daisy_cardHere are a couple photos of the completed project…

020408_yellow_daisy_card_openHave fun with a transparency card today!  Feel free to link to your version in the comments section and have fun!

SUPPLIES:

Ink- Sun Flower Palette ink, Wild Wasabi Classic ink from SU!

Stamps- Women of Life from Papertrey Ink

Cardstock- Wild Wasabi & YoYo Yellow from SU!, Stamper’s Select White from Papertrey

Other- Transparency from Office Depot, yellow brads from Paper Studio, Citrus Paint Dabber from Ranger, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter from SU!

Heather J. says:

Great Work, Melissa! The stamp set is awesome and no doubt it will be in my cart on the 15th! I love your project Nichole – I like the wrapping around of the cardstock. That’s a nice touch.

Geny says:

Love this of course Nichole! I will have to try this out, I am bursting with ideas for this set!

Shannon T says:

This is going to be a must-have set!

Elizebeth says:

Wow, this is beautiful! I love these flowers!

Courtney Ferguson says:

Cool project Nichole! love your tranparency ideas.

Karrie Baker says:

Oh my goodness, this card is WONDERFUL! I love the acetate! 🙂

buzzy says:

But I want it NOW!!! Love your concept for new designers…not that you aren’t perfect by yourself! I am anxious to see how many ideas come together over the next year!

Victoria says:

Wow! This is genious! I have always stayed away from transparencies because I didn’t like the unfinished look on the back side. This is a great option! The stamp set is also very cute. Very spring!

Wendalyn says:

I love this card it is so cute I can’t wait to try my own…

Allison says:

Oh my…this is brilliant!

Sue B says:

I must try this. Wonderful card and tutorial.

That card is truly amazing. There are no words (and thats rare for me:)

tanja says:

I absolutely love love love it! Paper Trey rocks!!! I love your new designer’s blogs and work as well. Nichole et al, you are genii!

Melissa Flieg says:

Nichole I love the card you made. This new set by Melissa looks like another must have.

Sheri Danielson says:

I love this set and Melissa showcases it so very well. The colors chosen are perfect and the instructions are very detailed that anyone can follow them. Nichole, you have struck gold with the new design team and ideas for 2008. And I thought 2007 was the best year ever – it is about to be blown away!

Sheri

Mary Duffek says:

I am so going to try that card! How cool is that! I never would have thought of the band on the front. This stamp set is too cute!!!

Jazzi says:

Great stamp set – would love to have it for my collection. Simple and elegant would be my description. As usual, Nichole has taken these and created a fabulous card. Thanks for another opportunity to win.

scrappingmom says:

Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas.

Great stamp set and beautiful card! I am definitely going to have to get some transparancies and play!

It’s like Christmas all over again with all this fun stuff starting now!!!

Leslie Elvert says:

Super fun card idea! So excited so see all of the new designs/designers!

Amy says:

Adorable! Love the bright colors–makes me think of spring. Amy

Renee V. (happystamper05) says:

Gorgeous stamp set…. gorgeous card! I’m so lovin’ this set!

MIchelle says:

I love the sneak peek at this set because I love this type of flower. Daisies are one of amy favorites. Woo-Hoo…very excting! Way to go Melissa!!!It was also nice to hear a little about you…thanks for sharing that.

Jackie says:

Wow – what a wonderful card! I love what you did with the transparency and the ribbon, that is a great idea! I must have this set!

Bonnie says:

This is absolutely fabulous! Love the stamp set and the card!

Anya says:

This is awesome. I have to confess, at first I was a little nervous about new members of the design team – I loved Nichole’s designs just as they were. But Melissa’s stamp set sounds great and I love what I have seen so far. I am so excited to see what everyone has in store for us.

otter says:

OH WOW!!! My wallet is not liking you all a PTI right now!!!

now isn’t this just clever!! definitely going to try making a card like this!! love the colors – they really pop!

Wow! What a cool card! I can’t wait to see more of this stamp set.

Dottiann says:

hmmm,,,, this looks like a great set…. perhaps I will need to increase my stamping budget for the 15th of the month….

Pia says:

What a brilliant card. Looks like a must have stamp set. Hubby is not going to be happy that I have stumbled across Papertrey. (wink)

Kristyn Sinnott says:

This is just so cool. I love the transparency idea…must try! Love what is going on here. Thank you for the vitality and energy you bring to stamping. It’s not the same old same old with you.

Kristyn

Margie Meyers says:

So springy!!! Love it.

Beth Mak says:

Love this card Melissa – – – – –

what I love about the stamp set – draws my eye to the flowers themselves – being the same design in different sizes.

Beth Mak

I love how you continued your green band inside to cover the “workings”. For a second there I thought you were going to leave them showing. Oh, the horror. LOL.

Rixey says:

I love those flowers and your card is fabulous- I will have to give the acetate another shot! 🙂

Lori J says:

This is a great project! I love the colors. :0)

Heather McNally says:

Absolutely fantastic! I just love what I am seeing – LOVE!!! What a beautiful and classy set!

Sara Paschal says:

This is one wonderful card, very nice! I can’t wait to see the full set.

Rochelle says:

Thank you so much for sharing your talent, I love your site and your products! Everything is so adorable!

Heidi K says:

This is so pretty! I love how you put the glitter on when the paint was still wet!! This set is awesome too!

Julie Masse says:

What a great card and it looks like an amazing set!! Thanks so much for bringing this to us Nicole . .. off to check out her blog! 🙂

cassie says:

I have a question for you Nicole – and I know you wanted them posted to the forum – but I can’t get on there b/c of the new one that’s coming === and I checked SCS and there is no PTI forum there === and I’m afraid if I don’t ask now, I’ll forget.
    I know that you have shown your studio and it seems to me that you don’t leave supplies in their packaging — so how do you remember what supplies are from what company? Thanks!

Elizabeth Smith says:

How long do we have to wait for this set?
    I would love to work with it now.
    Your card is fantastic and it reminds me of spring.

Peg Chapleau says:

I so appreciate the versatility of a set that allows it’s use for so many opportunities and occasions. One of the nicest benefits of a handmade card is the ability to personalize it to fit the person and the occasion. I see my stamps and supplies as investments and this set will be highly valued as one that I reach for again and again. Thanks, Melissa. I always look forward to the tutorials and projects on your site, Nichole.

PAM REZNICK says:

THIS IS SO DARN CUTE. AND I CAN’T WAIT TO TRY THE TRANSPARENCIES.

I love this card and what you did with the transparency. I’ve not bought any stamps for a while because of money shortages, I’m glad I haven’t though because now I want this new stamp set.

aviator girl says:

Love it. Can’t wait to have it! I love that is looks so clean and classic. I love flowers so I of course am sold. Love the titles that go with it.

Keyser Glancy says:

Melissa – Wow! What a wonderfully simple yet beautiful and versatile design! My daughter said right away “Mom the flowers look like little swirling suns” and she’s right! I can’t wait to blend this set with my other PTI sets. THAT is what I love about Papertrey Ink!!! These “Women” definitely soothe my soul!

niccole-k says:

I love the transparacy concept. I think you should release this set immediatly :o) I cannot wait for the upcoming year … so excited !!!! Melissa did a GREAT job with her 1st stamp set ~

denise says:

Love every single thing about this project- EVERYTHING!

Beth says:

Absolutely beautiful! I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Carolyn says:

WOW! I love this stamp set — WTG Melissa! 95% of the cards are make are for women so I LOVE the idea of this set that is devoted especially with women in mind. Thank you!

Carolyn says:

Carolyn says:

Carol Hinton says:

Such a beautiful card! It’s so bright and cheery.

Carol Hinton says:

Do the flowers in this new set coordinate with the Cuttlebug flower dies?

Jana says:

Holy Schmoly!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Joyce says:

What an adorable set. Love the swirly flowers & leaves. I especially like the versatility of the titles on the card.
    Joyce

liannallama says:

so very fresh and fun! I adore this card!

doreen says:

…i am at a loss for words…the 2 sneak peek projects are awesome…!!!!!!!!!!…

Kisa Peters says:

Great card! I can’t wait to try it! Just wish I Had the set!

Regina Davis says:

What a wonderful card. Wowza!

Ally Warner says:

That is a “must have” stamp set for me!!I have a lot of women in my life that I would love to send cards to!

BeckyS says:

Very cool! I love 2part stamp sets!

Shari says:

This card is gorgeous!! I love the bright colors, the design and the stamps!

sarah c. (WAstamper on SCS) says:

WOW! I love these flowers and the font with the dotted line. I love Melissa’s style – unique yet it still screams Papertrey! Another must have…

Karen Rose B says:

I agree … this will be in my basket. The sentiments alone should be fun to use and I’m a “flower” person … so double duty! Congratulations Melissa and way to go Nichole and group for this wonderful idea of guest stamp designers!! Karen Rose B

sharon says:

I can’t wait to see this stamp set.The card is so pretty. I have bought transparencys a while a go, and i can use them

Robb_eeie says:

Great Tutorial Nichole …I don’t know how you come up with such original and unique ideas. This design is so versitile I can’t wait to try one!
    Guess I need to hit Staples for some transparencies tonight.

Tessa (aka shastess on SCS) says:

So cool! Nichole you never stop amazing me! LOVE it!

Kristy says:

Gorgeous card, Nichole! This set is going to be a must-have!!!

Wow! How cute and fun! I’m going to make it my goal to find out how to say “transparency sheet” in Arabic so I can buy some and try out this technique! I love when you use supplies that I can actually find here in Morocco! Saves on shipping, you know!

kamart says:

I really like this set….very clean and crisp….and so versatile. This set would be a very basic addition to any stamper’s collection.

Janine Hempy says:

I love love LOVE these flowers! The curlicue in the petals is so stinkin’ cute! Can’t wait to see the whole set…is it the 15th yet?!?!?

LorrieJane says:

I’m always learning something new from you ladies. The use of transparencies gives such a professional feel. I will be tring this myself very soon.

Lolita says:

Timeless, elegant, classic, versatile. Everything that Papertrey is. Beautiful.

Sharon Canter says:

This stamp set is truly awesome. I love how simple, yet elegant your card is.Can’t wait to purchase this set for myself!

Debbie Neuman says:

I just love your daisy card !! It works for any occasion.Your ideas are great !!!

peggysue says:

That’s really pretty. I had no idea that the DD glitter would adhere to paint like that; a technique I will have to try.

Lisa in TN says:

Love the card idea and the stamp set 🙂

Amy G. says:

This is a gorgeous card!! I love the acetate! I am SOOO stinin’ excited about all the changes, and new things that are coming!

Stunning! What a beautiful card. Love this set! TFS. 🙂

I love this and like the others, will be putting it in my basket on release day. I have a question, though. Where would you write a sentiment? On the back? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Ronda says:

This is all so fun and exciting..love this idea and Im sure Ill love the rest of the set.Cant wait to see all the goodness…

Michelle Shuman says:

beautiful project! as always, when doing a ‘simple’ project, it’s all in the details, like remembering to leave enough so you can bend that green and yellow band over to cover all the adhesive and brad backs! :o) perfectly done!

Granna on the Go says:

Oh so cute! I am excited that the set includes a grouping of stems and then blooms to align. So very practical! I love the strip with the line for the finish look when the card is opened. Stunning! Thanks!

Granna on the Go says:

Wow…I love the transperancy cover. How clever. Great color combo!

Stephanie says:

I can’t wait to get my hands on this set! I’m glad someone thought of all the women in our lives!

Deanna Wolfe says:

Melissa this stamp set I LOVE simply because I am a “curly” doodler, I do curlies everywhere it seems. My life is complete now with a flower that have curlies in them!!!! LOL It really looks like me so I will have to get this set when its available . Keep up the good work 🙂

Sheila says:

OMG, this is gorgeous. Fantastic idea and terrific inspiration. I just love the stamp set already. What a great idea to showcase all the women in our life.

Paula S. Bowie says:

Melissa, What a versatile stamp set! Women of all ages will find it very useful. I loved your choice of colors on your card-so-o-o cheery and bright!

Paula S. Bowie says:

I love this set! the colors are so cheery. Women of all ages will enjoy such a versatile set.

Mary Ellen says:

Adorable!..sunflowers are my favorite!

Linda says:

I just love making acetate cards! I really like how you engineered this beauty! Just your beautiful, signature Nicole Heady style!

Linda

OHHHH!!!! I am so darned excited. I’m telling ya…sleepless nights! I think PTI is the best thing that has happened to me!

ben says:

that’s a lovely card.

Sandie Luck says:

OH, HOW DELIGHTFUL your new stamp set is Melissa!!! My smile just “blossoms” the more I take in your style and the colors you used! My blessings to you for coming up with a stamp set to share with other special women that touch my life!!

Donelda says:

Wow, I was blown away by this awesome transparency card!! I just had to make one! I couldn’t resist hiding that little bunny in the bushes!! Thanks so much for the inspiration Nicole! You are one talented person!!

Here is my version:

Donelda

Sandy Rails says:

You are incredibly talented and paper Trey is lucky to have you!

Elaine says:

These stamps look fabulous and I love stamps with flowers.

I bought some transparency not too long ago to try making a card. I will definitely use your tutorial as a guide! Thanks!

Teresa says:

I love the flowers! The rounded petals with the curlique swirls in each petal is perfect! Just my style. Love it!

Donna D says:

I can definately see myself using this set! You gals are fantastic!

Chris says:

LOVE this card and this set!! I will definately be getting this one too!!! EEK!!! LOL

jeanne nielsen says:

I’ve never attempted a transparency card before — it’s on my to-do list! Thanks for the step-by-step! Looks not quite as intimidating as I first thought! Great card! Jeanne

Jennifer Moneagle says:

Love it –

can I get it now??? 🙂

Debbie Neuman says:

These are soooo pretty !! And you can use them for any occasion !!! I lvoe it !!

KraftyAunt says:

As usual, great ideas and great tutorials! This is yet another set to add to my growing library!

diane mcvey says:

Wow, wow, one hundred times WOW!!! I LOVE This! Thanks so much for the step-by-step, it’s just AWESOME!!!! 😀

Angie J says:

OK, maybe a silly question but how did you adhere the stamped sheet to the acetate back without the adhesive showing? I cant wait for the new sets!! This is a must have!

Tiffany says:

I’m just LOVING this cute technique.

Bye… off to buy some transparency sheets at my office supply store!

Candy Koch says:

I love this card!! I can’t wait to see the rest of the stamp set! As always your work has inspired me!
    Thanks
    Candy

Marcy says:

Darling!

Norma Woodward says:

This stamp set is awesome because it is something that will never grow out of style. My granddaughter would love cards made from this set. Norma W.

LateNightScrappin says:

I will HAVE to have this stamp set for sure!! This card is FABULOUS!!! what a happy card! I have not made a transparency yet… thank you for the inspiration!!! 🙂

Vicky says:

What a great card! Colors and design are gorgous!
    Vicky

Sharon says:

I MUST have this stamp set….it is a can’t do without, that is for sure.

Sharon says:

I MUST have this stamp set….it is a can’t do without, that is for sure.

Jean says:

Okay, I’m seeing a real theme going on here and a new, welcome trend and exciting product design in these stamp sets. Bring em on!

faithful says:

This is so amazingly fun and gorgeous all at the same time! Fabulous techniques and set to play with. Thank you so much for the great ideas here!

Glitter Queen says:

How totally awesome. Love the stamp set and the amazing card you made. This set will be a must have for me. Oh boy I am in trouble again. Got to have everything!

nettie says:

Love it fantastic card and a must have stamp set.

Nettie

Phyllis Olson says:

Your paper really impresses me. I think the heavy weight makes it absolutely perfect for stamping and making wonderful sturdy cards. The new colors and matching ribbons will make card making a truly fun experience with beautiful results. I think you used 3 new products in your last project.

Barb Eyring says:

WOW – I LOVE the new beautiful, soft,coordinating cardstock colors. Great value!
    Barb

Jill Deschaine says:

These samples have made my day! They are really beautiful. There is never enough colors in my rainbow! I look forward to trying your products. I Have never been so excited about my craft projects as I have been for card making.
    My daughter got me into it and we do it together all the time. It’s a very special time for both of us. Now, add in some nice new colors and what more could I want.
    jill

Cindy Bishop says:

OMG!! I am so excited to check out the new items!! I love the weight of the card stock. It is awesome to work with and the new colors look great. Thanks for all your hard work. Great new project cards.

Cindy

Sandra Hartung says:

Cardstock—never have enough. The weight of the new cardstock is superbAnd I can’t wait to see and feel the “texture”. Cardstock with texture that holds my bling and embellishments with success. Awesome!

Angi says:

I love this new stamp set. The flowers are perfect for chasing away the winter blues. Can’t wait to get my hands on it on the 15th. Thanks for another wonderful card in your sneak peek. You really know how to whet our stamping appetites!!

Maureen Roan says:

I love the new spring colors of aqua mist and spring moss.
    I am anxious to purchase the new paper as well so please send me a reminder on the 15th to purchase it.
    Best regards,
    Maureen Roan

Jan says:

I have just received my first package of Paper Trey white cardstock, and I am in love. If your color cardstock is going to be similar, I will loooovvvvee using it! Can’t wait to feel the texture!

JUDY KEY says:

What I am sure I will enjoy with your new papers is the fact that the texture allows the inks to dry fast; I strive to make the most of my time and many times make several of the same or similar card. The colors are gorgeous. I have enjoyed using many of your stamp sets; I am a fellow Clarksvillian and so proud of your success.

Barbara Carey says:

Looking forward to trying the weight of the paper, I do a lot of watercoloring. The colors are great and with ribbon to match, just perfect.

I love the idea of matching ribbon with cardstock

Sandie Luck says:

Ah, Nichole, you have every reason to shout from the rooftop!!! How exciting to see your new BEAUTIFULLY colored papers and ribbons!! The characteristics of the heftier weight and “smooth” texture of the cardstock has piqued my interest. I am very excited to place an order! THANK YOU for showing the difference of hue between the brands listed.

Hi! I love your site! and stamps!

I love this card! However i am not clear on how to get the transparancy attached to the original block. Could you explain? I just love this idea.

be blessed!

toni

Anat Dvir says:

Perfect!

lavendergal says:

Love this card. Will have to add transparencies to my cards in future. Great colors and helpful comments. Thanks for sharing.

Barb Priest says:

WOW, what a GReat card ….Love it, Love it.