Hi everybody, welcome to our new feature What do I do with this? For this challenge our designers will get to try out some of these new tools and share the projects they created using them. We’ve got some fun, new things coming to the Papertrey Ink store and our designers will show you how to use them so you’ll be comfortable incorporating them into your card-making and gift-giving. Stay tuned for exciting and creative things coming your way! We want to share what our designers love with you, and this gives you a first-hand look into their crafty-faves!
This month we are working with the Nuvo Blender Brushes.
Let’s get started!
- Using Herringbone Cover Die I made a die cut which then I used as a stencil to create background onto a white card base. I used the Tonic Studios Nuvo Dual Tipped Blender Brushes to apply distress ink onto the card base through said DIY stencil.
- Additionally I blended blue Tonic Studio Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in the bottom part of the background to add a little bit of shine. To do so I also used the Nuvo Dual Tipped Blender Brushes.
- After removing the stencil I added water splatters onto the blended area to make it a bit more interesting.
- The floral floral element is made using the Into The Blooms II Die Set. I die cut all elements out of the Stamper’s Select White Cardstock and then blended same distress inks I used for the background onto some leaves and flower layers using the Nuvo Dual Tipped Blender Brushes.
- The colored elements was also sprinkled with water to make the ink move and add texture to them.
- The sentiment I stamped using dye inks of similar shade as the distress inks I used for the background and floral die cuts. I made the sentiment dual colored to tie with the card theme.
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White
DIES: Perfect pairs: Essentials, Herringbone Cover, Into The Blooms II
OTHER: Tonic Studios Nuvo Dual Tipped Blender Brushes, Distress Inks, Dye Inks, Tonic Studio Nuvo Embellishment Mousse
One winner will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate.
To enter, participants are required to create a Celebrate card with a blended background using PTI/Ink to Paper supplies and Dana’s technique or your very own. Share your finished project via the link below. We can’t wait to see what you make!
Only one entry per person and the deadline is May 31st at 6am. This post will be updated with the randomly selected winner.
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER
Congratulations, Inkami! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!