Welcome to Transformation Tuesday!
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Join Laurie Schmidlin today as she changes things up to showcase the die cut elements on her card design.
“Ever since I created the Holly Jolly card for the September release, I knew that I wanted a chance to remake it. Even though I adore all of the colors, they just never seemed right with this design. I kept the overall design the same but changed up a few details. I added Bitty Big patterned paper to the background, changed up the accent images, and added some sponging to the die cut so that it would stand out more. I really am pleased with how the transformed card turned out and feel like it showcases the lovely die cuts better.”
- STAMPS: Spruce & Sprigs
- INK: Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Ocean Tides, Olive Twist, Pinefeather
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Bitty Big: Sweet Blush
- DIES: Spruce & Sprigs, Say It Simply: You & Yours, Shape Shifters: Oval 3
- OTHER: Mini raindrops, Dimensional foam
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, November 6th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, November 6th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Susan Watanabe! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!