Welcome to a new feature at Papertrey Ink called Transformation Tuesday.
We all have cards that don’t necessarily turn out the way we had envisioned or a project that we designed to be feminine that could be made masculine with a few tweaks. Some of you may remember the Recipe Remix Challenge from SAF 2013. It’s sort of like that (but with our own projects instead of customer submitted projects). The idea is to show a project transformed into something fresh and new.
Lizzie Jones is sharing how she transformed old to new today with a card that she just wasn’t completely happy with when she created it:
“Despite loving my original concept, I was never completely happy with how the card turned out. I felt like the scene behind the Text Block was too busy and dark and took too much attention away from the celebratory greeting. I decided simplifying the scene and adding some sparkle would be a great way to add to the festive feeling. Overall, the card feels much lighter and more in line with my original vision. I hope you’ll stop by to see all of the details up close!”
- STAMPS: Hooray, Confetti Toss
- CARDSTOCK: Tropical Teal, Clear Cardstock, White
- INK: Aqua Mist, Vintage Jadeite, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet
- DIES: Text Block: Birthday
- OTHER: By The Numbers Impression Plate, Embossing Pad Kit, Aquamarine Crystal Glitter, Glue Pen, Foam Tape, Xyron, Blending Sponge
Now we want you to give it a go! Take a card you’ve made in the past and transform it in some way.
If you are joining along, here are the details for this Transformation Tuesday Challenge:
- Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and transform a previous card you made into a new project.
- Please enter new projects only.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to our InLinkz list below. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE.
- You will have until 6am ET, Tuesday, March 27th, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from ALL the entries on Tuesday, March 27th, after 6am. The winner will be posted here on this blog post, on Twitter and Facebook. The randomly selected winner will get a $25 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
EDITED TO ADD THE RANDOMLY SELECTED WINNER:
Congratulations, Barbara M.! Please send an email to customer service and provide them with your full name and the email address you would like your gift certificate sent to. Thanks so much to everyone for playing along!