Next up is designer extraordinaire Lexi Daly.
"Good afternoon stampers! I’m excited once again to be participating in Stamp-A-Faire, one of my favorite stamping times of the year. And this year is even better, super sized and super fun! How great is the anniversary traditions theme?! I have always loved following the annual traditions to choose gifts for my husband each year, so I was really excited to try my hand at translating one of them into a card project. So here we are at the 9th anniversary tradition: pottery. When I first thought about what I wanted to do, I was immediately inspired by my favorite bowl and the idea of using paperclay to create a “paper pottery” embellishment if you will. Have fun – you’re in the home stretch!!"
- Roll out paperclay to the desired size. (Tip: a ziplock bag helps keep it from sticking and makes smoothing it out a little easier)
- Stamp a design into the clay in the ink color of choice. (I used small flowers and black ink to match my inspiration piece)
- Cut a shape for your "paper pottery" card element (I used a heart die placed on top and cut lightly around it)
- Let dry overnight and create your card! (Tip: use a baking rack for quicker dry time)
- Take it further: Create a template to apply embossing paste to the card front (in the shape of a heart, or any design element). Break or cut your paper pottery scraps and apply pieces to the embossing paste shape to create a paper pottery mosaic. Finish it off with a sentiment of choice.
- STAMPS: Make it Market Mini Kit: Sunshine & Rainbows, Wet Paint + Dies
- INK: True Black, Harvest Gold
- PAPER: Harvest Gold Cardstock, True Black Cardstock, Watercolor Paper
- DIES: Limitless Layers Heart, Double-Ended Banners
- OTHER: Paperclay, Embossing Paste
- Now it's your turn! Create a project featuring a clay/paperclay embellishment. You can choose to re-create the exact project from Lexi above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery, Instagram or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
- You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
- As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winners will be chosen from all of the InLinkz entries on this post on Thursday, August 31st. The winner will be posted on our Thursday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winner will get a $20 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from the comments of this post on Thursday as well. You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st to add your comment and be eligible to win. The randomly selected winner will get a $10 PTI gift certificate.
I'm loving the way Lexi was able to incorporate a pottery like embellishment to her card. It could be made to be removable as a keepsake too! What stamps in your stash do you think would make god impressions into the paperclay for this type of technique? We look forward to seeing your projects!