Next up is designer extraordinaire, Laura Bassen.
"Hi there! Laura here and I'm very honored to be joining Papertrey Ink for this year's Stamp-a-faire event. I am featuring the 1st Anniversary Traditional material: Paper. I don't know about you, but my scrap pile of paper continues to grow and overflow faster than I can say "boo". I decided to used some of those gorgeous scraps of Papertrey cardstock along with the Mighty Bloom Die to create a fun design with a unique twist of some stitched vellum overlays. I hope you enjoy the tutorial and are inspired to dig into that never-ending scrap pile!"
- Die cut scrap pieces of cardstock with the Might Bloom Cover die.
- Adhere the die cut pieces onto a white panel.
- Stitch die cut vellum pieces onto panel.
- Pull loose ends of stitches through to the back of the panel.
- Die cut 6 word dies using one of the Scripted word dies.
- Adhered the word die cuts together.
- Emboss coordinating sentiment in white onto black strip.
- Adhere sentiments onto panel.
- Adhere panel to card base with foam tape.
- Adhere sequins.
- STAMPS: Scripted
- INK: Versamark
- PAPER: Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, Stamper's Select White, True Black, Vellum
- DIES: Mighty Bloom Cover, Scripted
- OTHER: Big Shot, Post-it tape, Quickstik, Tombo Mono Liquid Glue, Score Tape, Foam Tape, Sparkling Clear Sequins, Glossy Accents, white embossing powder
- Now it's your turn! Create a project featuring paper scraps and vellum overlays. You can choose to re-create the exact project from Laura above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery, Instagram or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
- You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
- As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winners will be chosen from all of the InLinkz entries on this post on Thursday, August 31st. The winner will be posted on our Thursday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winner will get a $20 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from the comments of this post on Thursday as well. You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st to add your comment and be eligible to win. The randomly selected winner will get a $10 PTI gift certificate.
Are you just totally loving this technique like I am? I'm thinking about the big bin of scraps sitting on my desk right now and how I can actually use them and turn them into a pretty card just like Laura! And aren't the little vellum overlays such a nice touch? I love that! What dies do you think you might adapt to this technique? We look forward to seeing your projects!