Get ready to be amazed with this project idea from Kimberly Crawford!
"When I think of bronze, I think of a coppery metallic color. A material that is timeless and used in sculptures. Bronze is trendy and always classy. Creating the look of bronze on your next card is easy with stamped images and Perfect Pearls pigment powders. Perfect Pearls are a pigment powder that can be applied or mixed into mediums. Simple to use, Perfect Pearls create a luminous finish that is truly elegant."
Marbled Thank You Card
For the first card, I began by die cutting a hexagon from Tropical Teal cardstock. The words thank you were stamped onto the card stock with Perfect Medium ink. Once the words were stamped, a small paintbrush was used to apply small amounts of the Perfect Pearls to the stamped image. After the words were entirely covered in powder, a larger brush was used to sweep away any excess powder. The same process was repeated for the marbling image.
Bronze Thank You Card
Two different techniques were used on this card. Adhesive was applied in a modern, but random, pattern on a panel of Tropical Teal cardstock. After each layer of adhesive was applied, the backing was removed, allowing the adhesive to be layered. Once the background was complete, Perfect Pearls were applied to the exposed adhesive. The adhesive seems to take more powder than the Perfect Medium ink. The excess powder was once again brushed away with a larger brush.
The second technique is on the die cut words. Using the word die from the Modern + Marbled card kit, I die cut Canyon Clay cardstock. (Canyon Clay because of its closeness in tone to the Perfect Pearl powders.) I pressed the Perfect Medium ink pad into the cardstock until it became a shade darker, or covered in the medium. Then the Perfect Pearls were applied with a brush. Adhering the words to the modern background with foam made them leap off the card.
- STAMPS: Modern + Marbled
- INK: Perfect Medium
- PAPER: Tropical Teal, Canyon Clay, Melon Berry
- DIES: Modern + Marbled
- OTHER: Bronze Perfect Pearls, large and small paintbrush, 1/8" Scor-tape
- Now it's your turn! Create a project featuring Perfect Pearls or a similar metallic pigment powder. You can choose to re-create the exact project from Kimberly above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery, Instagram or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
- You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
- As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winners will be chosen from all of the InLinkz entries on this post on Thursday, August 31st. The winner will be posted on our Thursday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winner will get a $20 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from the comments of this post on Thursday as well. You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st to add your comment and be eligible to win. The randomly selected winner will get a $10 PTI gift certificate.
I am loving the combination of the teal and bronze, it is so sophisticated and on trend. And I really love the different background treatments Kimberly showcased. Both of them are pretty easy to execute, but really create some stunning results. Do you use Perfect Pearls often? How do you think you might apply them to your project for this challenge? We look forward to seeing your projects!