Now for some exclusive ideas from none other than Heather Nichols.
"Hi everyone! This is Heather Nichols and I am so happy to be joining you today for Papertrey Ink’s Stamp-a-Faire event. I have a project to share that uses the traditional 7th anniversary gift of wool. The project features a layered wool felt technique that adds a great detail to wool embellishments. You will love how easy it is to do and how it leaves people wondering how you did it!"
- Die cut leaves from wool felt, making sure you have two leaves in contrasting colors for each leaf embellishment.
- Layer the leaves on top of each other and use a sewing machine to sew the vein details on the leaves using a very small stitch length. Trim off all excess thread ends.
- Hold the stitched leaf with the color you want as the vein detail facing up. Use sharp scissors and slip them between the felt layers to cut away the top layer of felt in between the stitching lines.
- On the right side of a circle die cut from white cardstock, stamp the berry image in Cocoa Bean, Canyon Clay, and Terracotta Tile inks. Stamp the sentiment to the left of the berry branch in Cocoa Bean ink.
- Attach the leaves onto the circle piece so that they are attached to the stamped berry image.
- Attach the circle piece to a card base die cut from kraft cardstock using the Noted: Scalloped Square die.
- Adhere clear confetti around the circle piece on the card front.
- STAMPS: Autumn Scarecrow, Beautiful Berries: Autumn
- INK: Cocoa Bean, Canyon Clay, Terracotta Tile
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Classic Kraft
- DIES: Happiness in Bloom Leaves (or other simple leaf die), Noted: Scalloped Square
- OTHER: Orange Zest felt, Summer Sunrise felt, Canyon Clay felt (or other preferred colors of felt), orange thread (or other matching color), sewing machine, small sharp scissors, clear confetti
- Now it's your turn! Create a project featuring a stitched layered embellishment (felt or paper). You can choose to re-create the exact project from Heather above or design your own using the same concepts. Your project must also incorporate at least one Papertrey product.
- Post your project on your blog, in your gallery, Instagram or on any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
- Add your project to the InLinkz list below.
- You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win. One project per person please.
- As a reminder, you will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st, to add your link to the list to be eligible to win.
- One randomly selected winners will be chosen from all of the InLinkz entries on this post on Thursday, August 31st. The winner will be posted on our Thursday night Stamp-a-faire winners page after 9pm ET. The randomly selected winner will get a $20 PTI gift certificate to spend however they like!
- One randomly selected winner will be chosen from the comments of this post on Thursday as well. You will have until 7am ET, Thursday, August 31st to add your comment and be eligible to win. The randomly selected winner will get a $10 PTI gift certificate.
This technique could be applied to so many things other than cards! It is perfect for fall and definitely exudes that warm and cozy feeling. What other designs can you think to apply this technique to other than leaves? Do you prefer to hand stitch or use a sewing machine for things like this? We look forward to seeing your projects!