There is just something about the sea and all that it entails that is so amazing and inspiring. And today, we've got several new products to showcase, featuring the sea and many iconic images that go along with it! Sit back, relax and put your feet up. Can you hear the waves crashing on the shore?…
Lighthouses have long been a symbol of strength. This modern take on these beautiful historic icons will be a unique addition to your stamp collection that you can enjoy again and again. With the multi-step stamp options, you can build your lighthouse images with multiple colors without any coloring tools required. Includes images of West Chop Light in Martha's Vineyard MA, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse in Cape Hatteras NC and West Quoddy Head Light in Washington County, ME.
- Guiding Lights will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Guiding Lights contains a total of 28 images. The assembled West Chop Light measures 2-7/8" x 2-1/2". The assembled Cape Hatteras Lighthouse measures 1" x 3". The assembled West Quoddy Head Light measures 1-1/8" x 3". The assembled sailboat measures 1-1/4" x 1-1/2". "Light" measures 1-1/2" x 3/8". "We cannot direct the wind…" measures 2-3/4" x 3/8".
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $12. This collection includes a total of 4 dies. sailboat 1-3/8" x 1-1/2", West Chop Light 3" x 2-1/2", Cape Hatteras 3-1/8" x 1", West Quoddy Head Light 3-1/4" x 1-1/8"
Here’s a fresh take on a nautical theme. This sweet boating set is full of potential! Set sail on your choice of two different types of waves, use the waves to create a hand stamped pattern or background for the boat or for one of the many anchors included in this set. Take your pick from the fun assortment of other accessories that will compliment your focal point perfectly. With the ability to create polished feminine and/or masculine projects, this set is one you won’t want to be without.
- Ahoy will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Ahoy contains a total of 19 images. The assembled sail boat image measures 1 3/8” x 1 1/8”, the large anchor measures 1 3/8” x 1”, the small anchor measures 5/8” x 4/8”, the wave trio strip measures 3/8” x 4”, the “Keep Afloat, My Friend” sentiment measures 3/8” x 2 1/4”, and the “Ahoy” sentiment measures 3/8” x 1/2”.
- A coordinating die/collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $7. This collection includes a total of 10 dies. tag 3/4" x 1-3/8", anchor 1-1/8" x 1-3/8", sailboat 1-1/8" x 1-3/8"
This beautiful set of scriptures is a perfect complement to the Guiding Lights stamp set. These verses are traditionally displayed with lighthouse images because of the strength they can give others during difficult times, making them perfect for your cards to convey encouragement whenever it is needed.
- Light of Life will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $15.
- Light of Life contains a total of 7 images. John 8:12, Proverbs 8:10 and John 1:5 each measure 3-1/2" x 5/8". Psalm 136:26 and Psalm 31:3 each measure 3-3/8" x 5/8". Matthew 5:16 measures 3" x 7/8". Psalm 119:105 measures 3-3/8" x 1/2".
Keep It Simple: Praying For You is the twenty-first in a series of stamp sets allowing you to build a collection of basic, medium-sized sentiments, in a nice variety of fonts, that you can turn to again and again. With this edition we are focusing on "Praying For You". The font choices will cover everything from modern to playful.
- Keep It Simple: Praying For You will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $5.
- Keep It Simple: Praying For You contains a total of 7 images. All of the sentiments average between 2-1/4" and 2-3/8" long. They average between 1/8" and 1/2" tall.
A great complement to both the Ahoy and Guiding Lights stamp sets, this new cover plate die is sure to fill a void in your stamping arsenal. Pop out the waves and replace them with two or three shades of blue. Color the openings with Copic markers. Make a large ocean shaker. The sky is the limit!
- Cover Plate: Waves die will be available for purchase on June 15th.
- It will retail for $16
- Cover Plate: Waves die measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I have always been in awe of the beauty of lighthouses, especially since I grew up in Maine. For a few years now I have been trying to capture their beauty in a stamp set, but in a classic, clean style that would be timeless. My first card uses one of my favorites from the set, West Chop Light. I wanted to use lots of cool blues and green to give a feeling of the ocean, so Pinefeather and Ocean Tides seemed like a good fit.
I stamped the main lighthouse image in Soft Stone, Pinefeather and Smokey Shadow.
I used the negative pieces from the Cover Plate: Waves die to create a shoreline for the lighthouse to rest on. A few of the pieces needed to carry through some of the white color for balance, so I added stripes to some of them using a white gel pen.
The trees included in the new Scene It: Mountain View die collection are just perfect to go along with a rocky coastline. I just trimmed them from the base they are attached to.
This sentiment is one of my favorites! I heat embossed the word "hope" with White Filigree Embossing Powder. The remainder of the sentiment is stamped underneath in Smokey Shadow.
Everything is adhered to a Classic Kraft card front and a white card base. You could create the same card in other colors for different looks!
I kept things pretty simple for my next project.
I stamped the lighthouse image in Pure Poppy, Soft Stone and True Black. I love how that little strip of Soft Stone shadow adds so much to it.
I added the "praying for you" sentiment (from Keep It Simple: Praying For You) in Soft Stone to the side of the lighthouse, and followed up with a bible verse from Light of Life in True Black.
I used a pen and ruler to add a double lined frame around the card cover. Simple and easy to mass produce!
I could hardly wait to break out Maile's new Ahoy set. It features such a great interpretation of the popular nautical theme.
I used watercolor paper to stamp this gorgeous waves image in rows of ocean inspired colors: Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado. After stamping everything, I went over the shapes with a wet watercolor brush to get a more artistic look.
I die-cut the anchor and rope and left them neutral, overlapping them slightly over the waves.
Maile did an amazing job with the way she stylized the sentiments, this birthday one included. I stamped it to the side of the anchor using True Black ink.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
Amy says, "Nichole’s modern take on the lighthouse is positively dreamy, and Maile brings a fabulous trendy vibe to the classic nautical theme. Just in time for summer, today’s featured stamp sets are sure to have you itching to hit the shores!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Amy Sheffer.
Ashley says, "The sea is such a calming natural element for me where I always feel at peace. So, it's only fitting that projects inspired by the sea also exude that peacefulness. With stamps (and dies) from Guiding Lights, Ahoy, and Light of Life, you too can create nautical and seaside treasures. Visit my blog to see the best part and see how the new Cover Plate: Waves is that your cards will not come with that seaside breeze."
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
Betsy says, "I love nautical themed things, so today’s group post is right up my alley! The images in the Guiding Lights set are just so classic and beautiful…and Ahoy is just plain fun! Stop over and check out my projects today using these new stamps and dies.”
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
Danielle says, "The new Waves cover plate and nautical themed stamp sets are perfect for those summer themed cards you need in your stash! The two-step stamping allows you to achieve more realistic and exciting color combinations on these beautiful lighthouses, and the Ahoy stamp set – just adorable."
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
Dawn says, "Today's product introductions have a little something for everyone, whether you like to stamp things quickly and easily or whether you like to get technique-y. I did a bit of both and I'm excited to show you what I've created with these sea-worthy stamp sets! I hope you'll stop by and check 'em out!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
Heather says, "I really enjoying working with a bit of a nautical theme to create projects for my post today. It makes me long to take a trip up to Lake Superior here in Minnesota and dream of a trip out to the ocean!"
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
Laura says, "I've never been a huge nautical fan, but these new sets have without a doubt changed my mind. They are so tastefully designed with stylish, buildable images paired with practical sentiments and inspirational quotes."
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
Laurie says, "I just got home from the most amazing Cruise in the Caribbean, so these new stamp sets and dies hit the spot for me this week! Lots of images and dies in these sets, to make a gorgeous sea inspired card."
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
Maile says, "Today's group post is perfect for the summer season! Working with today's featured sets and dies has me longing to hit the water, more specifically the beach. Hope you're ready to dive into some great projects today, brought to you by this talented design team."
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
Melissa says, "Sitting down to stamp with the new Guiding Lights stamp set is a special treat. This set and dies are such a unique way to bring happiness and light to the lives of loved ones. Paired with the new Light of Life stamp set and you’re in for a spiritual uplift and boost…truly so special."
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Can you smell the sea on the breeze? Are you pining for some time at the ocean or perhaps just some time stamping things that remind you of the ocean? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
$75 Papertrey Ink Gift Certificate
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, June 13th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our June Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lexi Daly.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
HOPE SHINES CARD
- STAMPS: Guiding Lights (available June 15th)
- INK: Pinefeather, Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Classic Kraft, Pinefeather, Ocean Tides
- OTHER: Guiding Lights die, Cover Plate: Waves die, Scene It: Mountain View die, white gel pen, White Filigree Embossing Powder
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
TOWER OF STRENGTH CARD
- STAMPS: Guiding Lights, Light of Life, Keep It Simple: Praying For You (available June 15th)
- INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Soft Stone
- PAPER: Stamper's Select White
- OTHER: black pen, ruler
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
NAUTICAL BIRTHDAY WISHES CARD
- STAMPS: Ahoy (available June 15th)
- INK: True Black, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado
- PAPER: Hawaiian Shores, watercolor paper
- OTHER: Ahoy dies, watercolor brush
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"