It’s nothin’ but blue skies here at Papertrey today! We’re happy to introduce a new collection of products that focus on sunny skies, puffy clouds and so much more. Just wait till you see what all you can do with these amazing new products!
Blue skies are headed your way! This fun and happy collection of images will help you send cheerful greetings to friends and family for many different occasions including birthday, encouragement, hello, and more. The cloud images can be transformed into trees or cupcakes when paired with the companion images in the set, allowing you endless hours of stamping fun! This set is the perfect complement to the Cover Plate: Blue Skies die.
- Blue Skies will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Blue Skies contains a total of 29 images. The “rain & sunshine to make a rainbow” sentiment measures just under 2 ¾” wide and just over 1” high. The striped cloud measures just over 1 ¾” wide and ½” tall. The sun image measures just under 2 ½” wide and 7/8” tall. The tree trunk measures just over 1” wide and just under 1 ¾” tall.
- A coordinating die collection will be available for sale separately, retailing for $16. This collection includes a total of 15 dies. 1-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ (airplane), 2″ x 1″ (large round cloud), 1-3/4″ x 1/2″ (large flat cloud), 1-3/8″ x 7/8″ (small round cloud), 1-1/2″ x 1/2″ (small flat cloud), 5-1/2″ x 5/8″ (ray), 1-3/4″ 1-1/4″ (tree trunk), 1/2″ (cherry)
This die was designed to coordinate with the Blue Skies stamp set, allowing you tons of additional design options! You can even turn the clouds into other images like trees and cupcakes for extra fun! There is a separate die to allow you to add a sun to the bottom half of your cover plate if you wish!
- Cover Plate: Blue Skies die will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $16.
- Cover Plate: Blue Skies die measures 4-1/4″ x 5-1/4″.
This die was designed to coordinate with the Blue Skies stamp set and the Cover Plate: Blue Skies Rays die, allowing you even more design options! This die will allow you to add a sun to the bottom half of your Cover Plate: Blue Skies die cut if you wish!
- Cover Plate: Blue Skies Rays die will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- Cover Plate: Blue Skies Rays die measures 4-1/8″ x 3″.
After the popularity of the linen textured paper we have been using for our patterned papers, we are pleased to now be introducing two basic card stocks with the same texture. These are quite a bit heavier weight than what we use for the patterned papers, so they can hold their own as a card base if you wish. Available in two colors, white and cream!
- Linen cardstock will be available for purchase on February 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- Each package contains 40 (8-1/2″ x 11″) sheets.
- Available in Fresh Snow and Vintage Cream.
- Please note that this is lighter weight than our regular cardstock.
Now that I’ve made all of the formal introductions, let’s get onto the projects!
For my first project I thought it would be fun to pair up the new Blue Skies set with the previously released City Scene.
I stamped the buildings along the bottom using a variety of citrus colored inks. The gorgeous sentiment from Blue Skies finished the bottom off, stamped in True Black.
I added small raindrops using Glossy Accents, making sure that the were all different sized droplets.
The new Cover Plate: Blue Skies die is just stunning! I die-cut that from our new Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. All of the embossing details that this die features loo so pretty with this cardstock (you can click on the photo to enlarge and see the detail a bit better!).
I die-cut the sun from Summer Sunrise and flipped it over to use the backside. The sun is designed to fit perfectly under the clouds, but I decided to flip it over and use it at the top of my card. I added stamped rays to it using an image from the coordinating stamp set and Orange Zest ink. Note that I cut my card base a little more narrow, letting the Cover Plate take more of a center stage role. The card base is cut down to 4″ wide.
My next card using this set focuses on some fun raindrops!
I started by stamping my sentiment in Hawaiian Shores, then die-cutting the two small raindrops repeatedly around the sentiment. On the white card base, I created an ombre effect using Copic Markers. This ombre effect can be seen through the die-cut raindrops in the second layer.
The clouds and sun were added in a collage style at the top of the card. All of the overlapping helps to add visual balance.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, check out what the rest of the team has created for you today!
Maile Belles will be featuring Blue Skies stamp set & dies, Cover Plate: Blue Skies die, Cover Plate: Blue Skies Rays die, and Fresh Snow & Vintage Cream Linen Card Stocks.
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
Now onto another important announcement!
Last year we introduced The Vault, a plan put into place that allowed us to make more room in our warehouse for new product releases. Due to warehouse space restrictions, we have selected about 180 stamp sets that we will no longer carry in regular inventory after March 15th, 2015. We heard you loud and clear last year when you let us know the burden you felt with having to purchase sets before they moved to The Vault right at anniversary time when so many other exciting new things are being released. So we have expanded the time line this year and you have until 9:59pm EST on March 15th to make your purchases of these sets at their regular prices.
Rather than retire these sets completely, the stamps will be available as special order items for our customers. When you place an order for a stamp set from “The Vault”, the set will be made just for you as a special order directly from our manufacturer since we will no longer be keeping inventory of the set. Because these sets will be made to order only when they are requested, the prices will be doubled to accommodate the extra costs involved and to cover individual shipping.
- $24 sets will be $48*
- $15 sets will be $30*
- $5 sets will be $10*
*Additional international fees and shipping times may apply. Inquire with customer service for details.
These special orders will take 4-6 weeks* to arrive on your doorstep and will be shipped separately from the rest of your order. You will earn rewards points for the full increased price of the set. Here is the list of sets that will be moved over to “The Vault” as of March 15th.
All of these sets will be available at their regular retail price until March 15th, 9:59pm EST. If there are stamps on this list that have been on your wishlist for a few years, take advantage of the current pricing while you can. If you have questions about “The Vault”, please email Customer Service.
Today we introduced Blue Skies, which has us thinking about the color blue! Your challenge today is to create a blue ombre card using all your favorite shades of this beautiful color, It can be an ombre background, several of the same image stamped in shades of blue, ombre inking of a bold stamp or whatever else you dream up!
1. Create a new project that features a blue ombre effect.
2. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product.
3. Upload a photo of your project to your blog, online gallery or any other photo-hosting site (such as photobucket or flickr).
4. Add the direct link to your project on our InLinkz list below.
5. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE!
6. And/or you can leave a comment here to be eligible to win. What do you think of today’s fun product introductions? Can you see yourself using items from the Blue Skies line-up? And what about that fabulous new cardstock? Has that made it’s way onto your wish list as well? (Just click the small “comments” link beside the date in the footer of this post. If you are reading this as an email subscription, be sure to click through to the actual blog to leave an eligible comment)
7. You have until 7am EST, Sunday, February 15th to add your project link or comment and qualify for the contest.
8. EIGHT randomly selected winners will be announced on our February Release Winners page no later than noon EST, February 15th.
EIGHT randomly selected winners will each receive an $80 Papertrey gift certificate to spend however they choose! Thank you for joining us today and best of luck with the contest!
WEATHER IT TOGETHER CARD
- STAMPS: Blue Skies (available February 15th) City Scene
- INK: True Black, Limeade Ice, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise
- PAPER: Fresh Snow Linen, Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise
- OTHER: Cover Plate: Blue Skies die, Cover Plate: Blue Skies Rays die, Glossy Accents
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
RAIN & SUNSHINE CARD
- STAMPS: Blue Skies (available February 15th)
- INK: Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest
- PAPER: Stamper’s Select White
- OTHER: Blue Skies dies, Copic Markers (BG11, BG13, BG49), corner chomper
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″