Polls have shown that books are among the top gifts during the holiday season, as well as year round. With this in mind, we're happy to bring to you today, a collection of stamps and dies focusing on this popular theme! You'll be amazed at the versatility of these new products, sure to become classic staples in your craft room……products that you'll turn to again and again!
Book Club is a gorgeous collection of quotes from classic literature! Pair the quotes with the corresponding sentiments for beautiful cards and bookmarks that are sure to inspire. You don’t have to be an avid reader to appreciate these timeless quotes in beautiful font combinations and you’ll love their versatility and ease of use for a variety of occasions!
- Book Club will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $24.
- Book Club contains a total of xx images. The “…You need only one…” sentiment measures 1-3/4” x 1-3/4”. The “…Fall in love…” sentiment measures 1-3/4” x 7/8”. The “Wishing you a happy day” sentiment measures 2-3/8” x 1/8”.
Dawn McVey has designed three bookmark dies and they all have a nice width making it easy to embellish them and give them a more personalized look. And don't feel as though they can only be used for bookmarks! These will also make AMAZING holiday tags!!!!!!
- Basic Bookmark 1 die will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- Basic Bookmark 1 die is a single die. 2-1/2" x 5"
- Basic Bookmark 2 die will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- Basic Bookmark 2 die is a single die. 2-1/2" x 5"
- Basic Bookmark 3 die will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $9.
- Basic Bookmark 3 die is a single die. 2-1/2" x 5".
Of course if we are going to release bookmarks, we couldn't leave out a stitchable bookmark! Erin Lincoln has designed this so that you can cut a frame from the top layer, and sandwich paper and even clear cardstock between them if you wish!
- Stitched Bookmark die collection will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $23.
- Stitched Bookmark die collection contains a total of 4 dies. 2" x 5-3/4" (assembled bookmark), 4" x 1" (frame opening cut)
Not only will these Embroidered Borders, designed by Erin Lincoln, coordinate with the Stitched Bookmark die, but they will also look amazing on cards, the coin purse, phone case and SO much more!
- Embroidered Borders die collection will be available for purchase on September 15th.
- It will retail for $10.
- Embroidered Borders die collection contains a total of 4 dies. 4" long, between 5/8" to 3/4" wide each
Now that I've made all of the formal introductions, let's get onto the projects!
I thought it would be fun to create a card that looked somewhat like a book to go along with this hand-stamped bookmark.
By adding an extra score line and a few extra cuts, I was able to transform an ordinary A2 card into a book card!
You can click the link below to download and print a template. Note that the extra score line is just for looks, not anything you actually fold.
The cover was decorated with a few stamps from Autumn Adornments. Fillable Frames #7 was cut from Classic Kraft cardstock and stamped with the coordinating image in Ripe Avocado. This was the perfect size for a sentiment from Book Club, added using Fresh Snow ink.
The faux "spine" was also stamped, at a bit of an angle, to help with the illusion. I added a line with a white gel pen along the extra score line to emphasize it.
I added a strip of Classic Kraft striped paper along the top edge of the Classic Kraft interior to help add the illusion of "pages". A sentiment from Inside & Out: Birthday was added to complete the interior.
The bookmark I made to coordinate with the project uses many of the same supplies. I cut the main piece using Basic Bookmark #3 and Classic Kraft cardstock. I then cut an opening using Fillable Frames #7 and backed it with a second bookmark cut from vellum. The die-cut "W" was then adhered over the window.
The bottom of the bookmark was stamped with the same images and colors as the card front. Don't you love the detail of the die? All those little pierced holes framing it? SO gorgeous! I can hardly wait for you to see this die in person!
I made my own felt tassle for the top of the bookmark. It's super easy to do if you have pinking shears on hand! Simply cut a rectangle of felt measuring 3-3/4" x 1-3/4". Trim the top edge with pinking shears. Then notch out the end 1", leaving about 1/4" strip at the bottom (see illustration below). Then use regular scissors to snip in between each point that the pinking shears created.
Then cut a thin, long strip of felt to thread through the bookmark hole, trimming the ends to be pointed with the pinking shears. Add 1/8" Scor-tape along the bottom of the tassle block and prepare to line the long strip along with the ends of the tassle strips.
Remove the paper backing from the tassle block and roll it up, catching the long strip along with it.
The finished tassle looks like this. Isn't it the cutest!
When giving this as a gift, you can tuck the bookmark right inside the card! Any booklover would just adore this!
I have another ensemble to show you, this time utilizing the new Stitched Bookmark die.
This simple card showcases a heartfelt sentiment from Book Club, perfect to provide a bit of encouragement.
I stamped the sentiment in Classic Kraft and then stitched a few die-cut felt flowers and leaves around it. They were die-cut using the Beautiful Ballerina die. Seed beads were added to the center of the flowers.
Cover Plate: Deco was die-cut in Harvest Gold and adhered to the Vintage Cream card front.
For the bookmark I die-cut the front from Canyon Clay felt and die-cut the window with a second pass.
The back is cut from Harvest Gold felt, along with these two strips which were stitched between the layers.
Vintage Cream felt was sandwiched in between the layers as well, which was die-cut with the new Embroidered Borders die and stitched in a variety of colors. I added additional felt flowers and leaves to it to coordinate with the card.
Now that you have seen a few of my creations, here are some of the amazing things that the team has created!
CLICK HERE to see more from Ashley Cannon Newell.
CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.
CLICK HERE to see more from Danielle Flanders.
CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.
CLICK HERE to see more from Erin Lincoln.
CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laura Bassen.
CLICK HERE to see more from Laurie Willison.
CLICK HERE to see more from Maile Belles.
CLICK HERE to see more from Melissa Phillips.
I hope you have enjoyed all these amazing creations that both the team and I have shared with you today! Can you see yourself using these new items to create cards, gifts, tags and more? Was there a particular project that jumped out at you today? Perhaps one that you can't wait to try out for yourself? We would love to hear your initial thoughts on everything we introduced! Please leave a comment on this post to tell us what you think of the new products and you will be eligible to win big!
$75 Papertrey Ink Gift Certificate
to spend however you choose!
You have until 7am EST, September 15th to leave your comment and be eligible to win. Only one comment per person please. One randomly selected winner will be announced on our September Release Winners Page before noon EST the same day. Thank you for stopping by today and best of luck with the contest!
CLICK HERE to see more from Lizzie Jones.
BOOK CARD ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Book Club (available September 15th) Autumn Adornments, Fillable Frames #7, Inside & Out: Birthday
- INK: Ripe Avocado, Canyon Clay, Fresh Snow
- PAPER: Ocean Tides, Classic Kraft, Vellum cardstock, Classic Kraft Stripes
- OTHER: Basic Bookmark 3 die, Fillable Frames #7 die, Bookprint Upper die, white gel pen, Ocean Tides felt, 1/8" Score-tape
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (card), 2-1/2" x 5" (bookmark)
HERE FOR YOU ENSEMBLE
- STAMPS: Book Club (available September 15th)
- INK: Classic Kraft
- PAPER: Vintage Cream, Harvest Gold
- OTHER: Canyon Clay felt, Simply Chartreuse felt, Harvest Gold felt, embroidery floss, seed beads, Stitched Bookmark dies, Beautiful Ballerina dies, Cover Plate: Deco die
- FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (card), 2" x 5-3/4" (bookmark)