Senior Design Team Challenge: Scattered Showers Revisited

It's one of my favorite times of the month, a day dedicated to bringing a previously released stamp set back to the forefront with renewed inspiration!  This month we are actually focusing on pair of sets: Scattered Showers & Scattered Showers Additions by Dawn McVey.

Scattered Showers
Scattered Showers provides everything you need to create a beautiful array of stylish umbrellas.  They can be made to look masculine or feminine, modern or vintage…it's all about the colors you choose and what you pair them with!

Scattered Showers Additions
To complement the original set, Dawn also created Scattered Showers Additions which has all kinds of wonderful images to use in conjunction with the original umbrellas.  And even more appropriate sentiments!

Under the Weather Card
For my project today, I opted to create a little card that would wish someone well and bring a little cheer when they are sick.

Background
I wanted to create a background that resembled large-scale raindrops and thought these shapes from Modern Basics would do just the trick.  I used Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse & Ripe Avocado to stamp my own custom pattern.

Umbrella closeup
I didn't use the traditional handle included in Scattered Showers to use with the umbrella top, I instead bent one of the long sentiments from Around & About Sentiments.  The little flower is from Scattered Showers Additions.

Sentiment closeup
I adhered a strip of Simply Chartreuse cardstock to the side of the card that was stamped with a few butterflies from Butterfly Dreams in VersaMark ink.  The sentiment was layered across the bottom of the card using True Black ink.

Down
Now that I've shown you my fresh take on Scattered Showers, let me show you the AMAZING things that the Design Team has created!

Betsy-Veldman
CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.

Dawn-McVey
CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.

Heather-Nichols
CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.

Lisa-Johnson
CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.

Michelle-Wooderson
CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed all the projects that myself and the rest of the team assembled just for you today!  Now, go take some time for yourself and get creative!

Creative-Clicks
Want to see a few more projects using Scattered Showers & Scattered Showers Additions?

Paint project
You can see my original countdown post HERE, which shows one of my favorite projects of all time using paint!

Dawn previous
You can see Dawn's original countdown posts HERE (scroll towards the bottom of the archive pages).

Betsy previous

And as always, you can check out our store galleries HERE and HERE.

Supplies-&-Tools
UNDER THE WEATHER CARD

• STAMPS: Scattered Showers, Scattered Showers Additions, Modern Basics, Butterfly Dreams, Around & About Sentiments
  • INK: Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, True Black, VersaMark
  • PAPER: Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select White
  • OTHER: rhinestone (KaiserCraft)
  • FINISHED SIZE: 5.5" square

mLaehn says:

Loved how you used the Modern Basics! Very clever. great color combos, too!

Gabby says:

Your Under the Weather card is jaw-dropping! I am so impressed with the way you combined the stamp sets! Sensational colors, amazing “raindrops,” the “painted” umbrella, and those delightful butterflies … you’ve done it again! 🙂 All the DT cards are wonderful as well! 🙂

Terri E. says:

This is one of my favorite sets and I haven’t given it much love. Thanks for the great ideas and eyecandy!

It’s a good life!
    Terri E.

I’m glad you focus on older stampsets every month. The stampsets shown here are so versatile and timeless. I really like them.
    Eveline.

Diane Hover says:

Gorgeous and beautiful as always…visited all the DT and it was amazing…now can’t wait for the count down!!

Gabriela says:

this was my first ever stamp set and it is still one of my favorites. I love it. Thanks for sharing all these beautiful cards!

Very interesting article! Thanks a lot!

Jeannine says:

i’m so glad you chose these sets. scattered showers & egg hunt were the first sets i purchased. maybe an umbrella die? thanks.

Karen Ramsey says:

Thanks for revisiting those two fun sets. We have had the craziest weather in Idaho lately and I’m sure all of my friends would appreciate a card created with these stamps…especially the SUN!! By the way Nichole, could you please let me know where you got the “birdcage” CD storage holder. It’s just perfect.

Helen Lebrett says:

Well, it’s raining here today, so you picked the perfect set to showcase today!! I loved your projects and the projects of the design team 🙂

Nichole says:

Karen,
    I got my birdcage CD holder through Amazon, if you just google “birdcage CD Rack” you will get many results. Good luck in your search!

April Z. says:

I love the card you made! The colors are perfect and the background you created is awesome! I love coming to your blog to be inspired.

Love your card, Nichole! The colors are so pretty, and the stamps are awesome. Your cohorts did awesome cards, too. So inspiring!

Pat Cirrincione says:

Being fairly new to papertrey I have never seen this set – how cute is it:) I do believe it is now being added to my wish list:)

Oh, this is really cool! Love the umbrella image and your background is just truly gorgeous, Nichole! Such a fun time of the month!
    Hugs, Wendy

Judy says:

It was so much fun going back and looking at the original posts. I always step away from your blog inspired. Thank you so much for showcasing Papertrey’s older sets with fresh ideas.

sara paschal says:

is PTI still going to come out with paint? I love this set;)

essay says:

Nice! I like this post. It’s cool.