Senior Design Team Challenge: Believe Revisited

By November 30, 2010Group Challenges

Hello, everyone!  Are you all busy gearing up for the holidays?  I know I have been making lists and checking them twice with the Christmas carols entertaining me in the background!  There couldn't be a more perfect time to revisit an old holiday friend, our previously released stamp set, Believe.

Believe-Web

I remember so clearly when I designed Believe in 2008.  I have always let everyone know that drawing people is not one of my strongest suits, so completing a Santa set was especially gratifying back in the day!  This jolly little fellow was designed with an opening between his arms to add your own accessories or any of the ones included in the stamp set!  I've always had a special place in my heart for the fonts used in the sentiments as well!

Card front
I decided to ink up this older set and make a little holiday card with it for a special friend who adores everything Santa!

Card window
I started by cutting a window in the cover of my kraft card base with our Mat Stack 3 die.  I then stamped it with one of the flourishes from Embellishments using VersaMark ink.  I also antiqued the edges a bit with Tea Dye Duo.

Santa & window standing up
I used the Double Ended Banners die along with the striped flag image from Banner Builder to accent either side of the window.

Santa & window laying down
A few Pure Poppy buttons tied with Rustic Jute Button Twine served as the perfect finishing detail.

Santa card open
The santa image was stamped on Vintage Cream cardstock and colored with the Pure Poppy Copic Trio.  I followed up with the colorless blender and a ruler to add a plaid pattern to his coat.  The berry & leaves were colored and cut out, adhered with foam dimensionals for some pop.  Don't you just love this little sentiment?  It is the perfect thing to share my appreciation to my dearest friend during the holidays and so special compared to an ordinary "Merry Christmas" sentiment.

Santa closeup
As a special little touch, I stamped the santa image onto Vintage Cream felt and cut out the beard and mustache portions.  I flipped them over so the inked areas don't show and adhered them in place.  I think this makes the card feel more cozy and homemade.

Down
I also challenged the team to create some new projects with this golden oldie as well!  So sit back and enjoy the show!

Betsy

CLICK HERE to read more from Betsy Veldman.

Dawn

CLICK HERE to read more from Dawn McVey.

Heather

CLICK HERE to read more from Heather Nichols.

Lisa

CLICK HERE to read more from Lisa Johnson.

Mish

CLICK HERE to read more from Michelle Wooderson.

Didn't everyone do a fantastic job with this set?  I just love to see all the different takes and how they combine these sets with newer products!  As Michelle always says, it's so fun to get all mixy-matchy!  Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of your week!

Chick-fil-a-pep-choc-shake
P.S.  Just in case you are missing this seasonal fabulousness… Chick-fil-a Hand-spun Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake… oh, how I love thee!

Supplies-&-Tools

CHRISTMAS FRIENDS CARD

• STAMPS: Believe, Embellishments, Banner Builder
  • INK: Black Noir, Ripe Avocado, VersaMark, Tea Dye Duo
  • PAPER: Kraft, Vintage Cream
  • OTHER: Double Ended Banner Die, Mat Stack 3 die, Pure Poppy buttons, Rustic Jute Button Twine, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush & Ripe Avocado Copic Trios, T1 Copic Marker & Colorless Blender, Vintage Cream Felt, foam dimensionals
  • FINISHED SIZE: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Brooke says:

This is one of my favourite sets. I always enjoying seeing old sets come back to life, mixed up with new ones. Love your felt beard too.

Owh how good does that milkshake look. Festive drinks just aren’t the same here in the land of Oz!

Outstanding Nicole! This set was one of my very first purchases from PTI. I adore it to this day, guess I will for a very long time 🙂
    I love the fancy swirls on the Kraft and the Copic treatment on Santa is amazing!

Shelly K says:

I love all the projects the team has done with this great set! Good job PTI!! and how dare you tempt me with a Chick-fil-A picture…we don’t have one anywhere near our small town and Oh how I love a fresh squeezed lemonade! Enjoy one of those milkshakes for me! Yum Yum!

Sue Lelli says:

I LOVE it when you challenge the design team to use an older set! YOUR window card was just FABULOUS! I’m so glad i ordered the banner die cut!

SueB says:

One of my all-time fav sets. Thanks for the inspiration. Must get Santa out and make something.

Sandy in Epping says:

Nichole, This has got to be a true CLASSIC when it comes to my Christmas stamps. Most certainly, it is always in my lineup for my holiday cards every year.
    Thanks to your DT for showing us more great ideas with this loveliest of Christmas stamps.

Diane Jaquay says:

This is such a gorgeous set Nichole, one that I don’t own but would love to! Your card is truly a mini masterpiece, simple perfection!!!

Kim G says:

So glad you re-visited this set! I have always loved it and needed more creative ideas for it. As always you and the design team have come up with great inspiration!! Beautiful!!

Stampnurse says:

Love all the creative ideas from an older set. Such a novel idea. And don’t ever “retire” anything please. Love the pattern on Santa, such a good idea that would never come to me otherwise.
    And don’t worry, I had a chocolate peppermint shake last night. Oh so delicious. Just the start of the holiday overindulgences.

Helen F. says:

Nicole, this is such a sweet set …. everyone did such a fabulous job~thanks for the re-visit!
    PS: YUM! on the peppermint chocolate chip milkshake :o)

Tricia C. says:

Nichole you make it look so easy. this card is beautiful. And now you have me wanting a milk shake even though it is cold today and a new stamp set to add to the wishlist.

i love this set too. i think it might have been the first set i purchase from papertrey and i have used it over and over. that little santa just warms my heart.
    thanks, nichole.
    kelly

Laura Isham says:

Wow, Nicole! Your card is just perfect! I really enjoyed it.

Jodi says:

This is my fav PTI set…your cards are GORGEOUS!!!

Kathy H says:

Okay Nichole…you had me drooling over the stamp set and gorgeous cards, then you had to go and post a picture of that fabulous Chick-fil-a Peppermint chocolate chip milk shake…one of my fav places for milk shakes!! Shame, shame on you for tempting us. Stamps, cards and milkshakes are a wonderful combination!:)

Sandy Kay says:

What a gorgeous card! I don’t have a Chik Fil A nearby, but I sure would love one of those shakes! I called McD’s yesterday to see if they had their peppermint shakes yet and they informed me they don’t make them anymore! ugghhh!

Carol R says:

Beautiful holiday card. Every detail adds to the ‘warmth’ of it. Using felt for Santa’s beard is wonderful!

Jan Duston says:

Oh yes! This is one of my favorite sets, too! I LOVE the santa and have used it for cards and tags. I don’t think you mentioned this, but did you use felt for his beard?? I love that. It is beautiful!!

Pat Cirrincione says:

I love Santa Clauses – and this set just made me nostalgic – it’s really beautiful in its detail – kudo’s!
    Pat

Katherine says:

So glad you are doing the Revisited series.
    Since I didn’t find Papertrey until about a year ago, I know I’ve missed a lot of great release dates.
    Gotta hurry and get caught up.

VigRX Plus says:

Huge congrats on the move, Harvard, it could be a lot worse! checking them twice with the Christmas carols entertaining me in the background. Are you sure you will know what to do with yourself, no articles to write, no Wired deadlines, a life of leisure or at least some breathing/thinking room and hopefully plenty more time to blog.

Amaizing post! Thanks a lot.