Impressive, To Die for Tips & Tricks

We have had an AMAZING response to our new dies & impression plates since we first introduced them in February.  Myself and the rest of the Design Team have only begun sharing with you the dozens upon dozens of ideas and techniques we have in mind for these amazingly versatile products!  Today I thought I would challenge the team to introduce you to even MORE fun ways to use them!

To start off, I had a few things I had been experimenting with myself in regards to the new Beautiful Blooms dies used in conjunction with our 100% wool felt!

Trio

I like to call these Double Cuts.  And the name really says it all.  You die cut the largest flower from the trio and then follow up with a second cut in the center using the smallest die from the set.  The end result gives you fast, economical, easy to mail embellishments that you create over and over again.

1st cut

To make a Double Cut, you want to die cut the largest flower from one of our Beautiful Bloom die Trios.  I've done all of my samples today with Hawaiian Shores felt, but you could definitely do the same thing with paper or cardstock.  After you remove the felt from the large die, place it back on your cutting plate.  Then place the smallest flower from the trio in the center of the large flower die side down.

2nd cut

Run it through your machine using the same sandwich you always do for die-cutting and viola, your very own Double Cut!

Bracket Flower card

This one I kept very simple.  Clean & white.  The background was impressed with our Picnic Plaid Impression Plate.  the sentiment is from Blooming Button Bits, stamped in True Black ink.  I also added an embossed line at the bottom & top of the sentiment strip to help accent it.

Bracket flower closeup

Notice that I layered a piece of Green Boutique patterned paper behind the opening in the Double Cut to accent the fun opening.  I also added a New Leaf Vintage Button to the center using a mini glue dot.  I just love the way this turned out!

Scalloped flower card

For this next project I used the same process, except this time it was with the scalloped flowers from the series.  I added a large layer of the Green Boutique paper as my mat.  The sentiment strip was done in the same way as the first card.

Scalloped flower closeup

I stacked two New Leaf buttons on top of one another using mini glue dots to accent the center of this card.  Notice this time I layered white cardstock under the felt to help differentiate it from the busy background paper.

Double flower card

For this last project, I did a little something different.

Double flower process

I cut a block of Hawaiian Shores felt using my pinking shears.  I then die cut the flower from it's center.  Using a second piece of small felt, I die-cut the smallest flower.

Double flower closeup

I then placed the smallest flower within the boundaries of the large flower cut-out, adding a small New Leaf button to finish it off.  (I think this may be my favorite of the bunch!)

Now that I have showcased a few of the things I have been working on, why don't you peruse the AMAZING ideas the team has put together for your reading pleasure today?  I promise you won't be disappointed!

Betsy-Veldman

CLICK HERE to see more from Betsy Veldman.

Dawn-McVey

CLICK HERE to see more from Dawn McVey.

Heather-Nichols

CLICK HERE to see more from Heather Nichols.

Lisa-Johnson

CLICK HERE to see more from Lisa Johnson.

Michelle-Wooderson

CLICK HERE to see more from Michelle Wooderson.

Kelly-Purkey

CLICK HERE to see more from Kelly Purkey.

EDITED TO ADD:

I've had a lot of questions about how to use our dies with the Cuttlebug & Big Shot this morning.  This is the YouTube video I created last month showcasing just how to do that.

You can also see a video on how to use our Impression Plates with the various machines HERE.

I hope you enjoyed all of today's amazing inspiration!  Have you purchased our new dies or Impression Plates yet?  What do you think of them?  Have you made anything amazing that you would like to share? Please feel free to post a link in the comments section!

As always, thank you for stopping by today!  Now go stamp something!  :)

Supplies-&-Tools
 Thinking About You Card (Beautiful Blooms #1 Die Trio)

• STAMPS: Blooming Button Bits
  • INK: True Black
  • PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Green Boutique Colection
  • OTHER: Hawaiian Shores Felt, Beautiful Blooms #1 Die Trio, New Leaf Vintage Button, Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, mini glue dots (for adhering button & felt), Scor-Pal
  • FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"

Friends Like You Card (Beautiful Blooms #2 Die Trio)

• STAMPS: Blooming Button Bits
  • INK: True Black
  • PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Green Boutique Colection
  • OTHER: Hawaiian Shores Felt, Beautiful Blooms #2 Die Trio, New Leaf Vintage Buttons, mini glue dots (for adhering button & felt), Scor-Pal
  • FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"

Without You Card (Beautiful Blooms #3 Die Trio)

• STAMPS: Blooming Button Bits
  • INK: True Black
  • PAPER: Stamper's Select White, Green Boutique Colection
  • OTHER: Hawaiian Shores Felt, Beautiful Blooms #3 Die Trio, New Leaf Vintage Button, Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, mini glue dots (for adhering button & felt), Scor-Pal, pinking shears (Fiskars)
  • FINISHED SIZE: 4.25" x 5.5"

Jenn Copeland says:

AWESOME!!! Love all of these cool ideas! You have been missed Nicole!

Laural-Lee says:

I want ’em all but for now I’ll go work with the few dies that I do have. Thanks for the tips and inspiration. They are all fabulous!

Kate says:

Love all the ideas. My favorite was the flower in flower, so clever and different. As soon as I can catch a breath (is that even possible in this day and age?) I will be die cutting, in the meantime I have papers to write for grad school and papers to read for the classes I teach. 🙁 No fun time on the near horizon.

MA says:

You are incredible! Just love your designs..and love that new paper! The new dies are wonderful, such clean cuts. Thanks for always sharing your talent. Can’t wait to see the April release.

Lori Winters says:

I just received my order for the Beautiful Blossom stamps and die cuts. As I was awaiting their arrival I made some easel cards and am using the Blossom Die cuts as the stopper. I just love the happiness this set gives me!!! Now you have presented even more possibilities, next I will play with the Picnic Plaid Impression plate..Life is good!!

Suzy says:

I just received my order and LOVE everything! Is it posssible to show how to use the new dies in the different types of die cutting machines? Thanks again for all your inspiration.

Laura.K says:

Wow. Lovely new and nice ideas. I love those kind of posts.

Just beautiful.I love the color combination.
    Eveline.

Julie R. says:

Great ideas! I want all the dies!!!

Pam K says:

I lOVE the new dies. I have been using them for my last few cards both for cutting and embossing! They are just fantastic. The link below will take you to a post about what I created to store them! Thanks so much for all the great new products.

Kelly Schirmer says:

Thanks for sharing all of those wonderful and creative ideas…loved Kelly’s idea to use a die without even having a machine…now that’s some ingenuity right there!

Clare says:

All the ideas are so fantastic, I HAVE TO HAVE!!!!!! C x

Brooke says:

Oh Nichole, I love how you do simple. = )

Gabriela says:

so cute! I love everyone’s amazing projects.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Diane Jaquay says:

WOW! I LOVE the cards you made Nichole, so simple yet so incredibly beautiful! And I got such great ideas from each and every one of the DT members, I can’t wait to try these techniques myself!

Lovely set of cards, Nichole!! TFS

These cards are beautiful! I just love them paired with the new paper and felt! Thanks for the fun ideas! I also love how you scored the lines on your sentiment pieces. I will have to give that a try!

Susan McRae says:

Love all the ways to use the flower dies and the cards are gorgeous!

Love the double die cut demo – great idea!

Dana says:

You’re back! I’ve been checking your blog daily! Missed ya!
    I love all these tips, tutorials and project ideas! Thanks so much!

I would really, really, really love to know how to use the new border dies in the Cuttlebug machine… They’re too long for the original plates and I don’t have the new longer ones yet…

Elizabeth S. says:

Nichole, this is wonderful!! I love your ideas and I just love the flower in the flower. I just received my dies yesterday and can’t wait to give this a try!

Lindzie H says:

Thanks for the tips! I love the new impression plates and felt.

Wendy says:

Nichole…Wow! I’m absolutely breathless! I love your cards today, so simple, yet beautiful and elegant. I’m going to be making up a bunch of these. I just received my PTI box today! Sigh…I will be up half the night! Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary Ann Huntington says:

Thank you for the new ideas in your video. Your instructions are so easy to follow.

Margaret says:

I love my new Papertry dies. My best way to store these dies is in a CD case. I use my son’s old sports pictures that were on magnets. I use the back to stick the dies and then slide the magnet into a CD sleeve in a zippered CD wallet. That way I am always ready to go with all my dies in one place. I also store my nesties in there.

Alyssa B says:

Hi Nichole, I was windering if you have discovered ‘Kuler’. its a website devoted to colour combinations, thought you might like to give it a look if you haven’t already!
    Here’s the link:

Laura Bargwell says:

Love felt flowers! I just got my felt the other day. Now I am going to have to purchase the dies!

What type of adhesive do you use on the felt?

Peggy Lamb says:

Nichole- Thank you for sharing these great ways to use our new dies and felt- love your cards! I’ve decided that my husband’s 5 sisters with April birthdays are getting HA Shores felt flower cards this year.

Kyle Eddings says:

OMGosh!! I’ve been using the new dies and I must say: I LOVE THEM!! I like the weight of the dies. All cuts are crisp and clean!! I can’t wait to see what other dies and impression plates are coming our way!!

I just love my new dies and the Beautiful Blooms are next on my list. I have really enjoyed what the DT have made – so much inspiration. Here is how I am storing my Dahlia dies.