Introducing Luck of the Irish

By February 14, 2010General

The second set I am introducing to you is a set that I created to fill a specific request we've had from our customers.  A little something to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

The details.

• Luck of the Irish will be available for sale on February 15th.
  • It will retail for $5.
  • Luck of the Irish contains a total of 8 stamps (1 frame, 2 images and 5 sentiments)

This stamp set may be small, but it's big on style and possibilities!  It has a slightly distressed look, which a wonderful companion to the fonts utilized throughout.  I'm excited to share a few of the possibilities with you!

Luck of the Irish Card
First up is a traditional St. Patrick's Day card.  Love this color combo of Spring Moss & Ripe Avocado for the occasion. Notice the frame and the sentiment towards the bottom of the card?  They are separate stamps that are interchangeable with other sentiments in the set.  It is amazing what a frame can do to adding emphasis to an sentiment without having to add another layer to your project.

Large circle punch
The shamrock tag image is the main focus of the set.  It is perfectly scaled to coordinate with our 1.75" circle punch, as you can see here.

Punching center shamrock
If you want to integrate more than one color into this focal point, it is super easy to do.  Just stamp the tag a second time in your alternate color and punch out JUST the center using a 1-1/8" circle punch.

Ribbon for lucky card

Here's my card front thus far.  I have adhered a bit of Ripe Avocado grosgrain ribbon down the front, right above my stamped sentiment.  I also sponged a bit of Tea Dye Duo ink around the outside perimeter of the Vintage Cream card front.

Shamrock apart

You can see here, I have added the original Ripe Avocado version of my tag in place with a few foam dimensionals.

2nd layer for shamrock tag
I was then able to go back in with the second layer and adhere it perfectly in place in the center of the middle frame.  If you look at both versions, you can see how the addition of Spring Moss layer really helps to bring the project together.

Irish closeup
My card front was then matted with Ripe Avocado cardstock and adhered to a Spring Moss card base.  Quick and easy card, but definitely a stylish & sophisticated project for St. Patrick's day!

Lucky in love card
Believe it or not, this card is made from the SAME set!  With a little ingenuity, you can really make just about any Papertrey stamp set a versatile part of your collection!

Stamping stripes
I used the distressed frame to create the stripes found along the bottom of the card.  I stamped the image repeatedly with Melon Berry first, then went back in and overlapped those with Sweet Blush images.  By alternating them like this, you are able to create a really pretty, pastel striped pattern with a slight vintage feel.

Luck in love closeup
 I covered up the top edge of the striped area with two scalloped strips using our new border dies (Small & Large) and Melon Berry & Sweet Blush cardstock.  A border of Sweet Blush Twill is also added into the mix.

You might recognize the frame from Fillable Frames #1, used in conjunction with it's coordinating die.  It is stamped in Melon Berry.  I added a small dotted heart to the center of the frame with Sweet Blush ink (image from Simple Valentine).  And lastly the sentiment, from today's set, Luck of the Irish, is stamped on top of everything with Dark Chocolate ink.

Look at those layers together!  Just *so* pretty!  Perhaps this is my new favorite color scheme!

Who knew you could do SO much with a little set dedicated to Saint Patrick's Day?  So, what do you think? Can you see yourself using this set in some applications of your own?

A-contest
Are you feeling LUCKY today after reading this post? Since there are TWO project posts today, I have started a separate contest post below, which can also be accessed HERE!  Be sure to stop over there to see what it's all about and have a chance to win an AMAZING prize package!!!

Creative-Clicks
Dawn McVey has created some AMAZING projects today using Luck of the Irish!

Supplies-&-Tools
Complete supply lists for today's projects will be posted a bit later today.

These cards are lovely!!! I’ve never really celebrated St. Patrick’s day but with this set at such an affordable price makes me want to celebrate it 🙂 TFS

what amazing creative card designs you have shown us! thanks

Linda w says:

You know, I have never found a good St. Patrick’s image until today. Great ideas here.

stamp on…

Cheri Howard says:

Beautiful! I really like how you created the stripes with a stamp that ISN’T a strip stamp!

Deirdre O'Donoghue says:

This month is going to bankrupt me! My sister is a February baby so she is going to be getting a belated birthday present with all Feb flowers etc., just love, love Dawn’s set, so two of those will have to go into the basket and this morning lo and behold, I see a St. Patrick’s Day set – funny thing is, any stamps I have, have all come from your side of the world, only one is home grown in my small collection and now here is another to add to it. Glad to see that your greeting hasn’t gone the route of so many with “Happy St. Paddy’s Day”. With us it’s St. Patrick, full stop! Can’t wait for tomorrow and thanks for all the fun so far.

Donna de Peyster says:

I’m amazed at how versitile this set is and how well it works with other sets. And I love the way you used the border to create background. Thanks for all your cleverness!

Ann Alyea says:

I have really loved all of the stamps in this release. I can’t even decide which I like best. I can’t wait to get all of the other goodies too. It has gotten to the point that I don’t even want to look at stamps that are not papertrey. The quality of everything is just so great. This is my favorite blog too.

Sue K says:

Just love the stripes you did with the frame stamp! That’s really creating outside the box!!!

Denni Cook says:

Love the melon berry and sweet blush stripes!!!!

Nancy L says:

love the idea of the lines!!

Lennie says:

I guess what I asked to be given for Valentine’s Day…a shopping spree at Papertrey!

Jeannine says:

i love these cards and the $5 price is fantastic. thank you so much. i send cards for every holiday to my family and some far away friends. i either make or buy them. this set is perfect.

C Burke says:

Wow! I like the $5 set for a specific holiday. It’s great to have one stamp when you really don’t need a whole set. Your projects are gorgeous, as always.

Sharon D says:

You are amazing! Love the stripes!

karen says:

Nicole you are so clever. Love the way you did the stripes. Wish I could think outside the box like that. Since I can’t I am so glad I found your blog and PTI>

jan metcalf says:

The stamped stripes are so clever!! Love it!

Patty J says:

Thanks for the St Patrick’s stamps – love the “may you always walk in sunshine” sentiment. I can only hope to see more Irish sentiments next year!

Pat says:

Everyday for the last 14 days you have made me very happy :)!!

Oh thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! For just $5 this is most certainly going in my cart tonight!

Roxanne says:

Who isn’t going to love a $5 set!!! And that idea of overlapping the frame is so clever!! Gotta have it! Cute ideas – My “list” of PT “wants” is out of control!! 🙂

Way cute! I LOVE the circular pattern of it all! Great Site!!!

I won’t buy cards anymore before coming here and checking what the latest is. This has become my card Estore.

Thanks